Paul Ryan booed by constituents at town hall meeting

But its the voice of the people. You dont respect it?

I dont respect rent-a-mobs.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...et-director-david-stockman-3.html#post3551745

Man, this is amazing.

Cons have encapsulated themselves from any opposing ideas. Republicans that dont agree are called RINO's. News orgs that dont agree are called liberal orgs. Blogs that dont agree are dismissed as being liberal and even when Repubs are caught red handed doing something they dont agree with they are called liberal "plants".

What a perfect circle of willful ignorance

Proving my point

What the hell? You neg repped me for asking a question? Is your vagina ok?

Between your neg rep for basically nothing and the finger flipping smilies, apparently this is a VWERY VWERY sensative subject for him.

Last edited:
Wonder if they would boo Ryan if he told eveyone that they will only be allowed to take out exactly what they have contributed to Medicare and SS.

Wonder how that would fly?? LOL

I'm very confident that SEIU, AFSCME and their network of henchthugs are sending paid operatives into Ryan town halls for the purpose of disrupting them.

would you prefer the koch brothers and tea party express? or the us chamber of commerce?

at least the union represents workers who actually vote their self-interest.

These people sounded sincere in their criticism of Ryan. It just gets old hearing the same pandering nonsense from these politicians. His arguments just don't hold water.

The CBO and most economists agree, Ryan's (and the Heritage Foundation's) numbers are fantasy numbers. And the public also aren't buying into Ryan's numbers either, 80% are against Ryan's plan and that includes 70% of Tea Baggers.

would you prefer the koch brothers and tea party express? or the us chamber of commerce?

These people sounded sincere in their criticism of Ryan. It just gets old hearing the same pandering nonsense from these politicians. His arguments just don't hold water.

The CBO and most economists agree, Ryan's (and the Heritage Foundation's) numbers are fantasy numbers. And the public also aren't buying into Ryan's numbers either, 80% are against Ryan's plan and that includes 70% of Tea Baggers.

please PM me when Obamas plan has cleared CBO, so we can all look at it.......I'll rep you like a republican raping granny for her SSi or Medicare $$....... ...oh wait, there it no plan to submit ...sorry man...

Rather like the numbers the Dems gave the CBO on Obmacare?? You bet.

Of course folks don't like their entitlements touched. They want to cut spending as long as no one touchs what they consider theirs. Thats just human nature. Cut the other guys but leave mine alone.

Last edited:
Where did Obama define 'rich?' Trajan? Really? Where do you guys get this shit?

now, I know you must be kidding, hes never said anything different not that the number won't go lower;)...do I really really really need to spell it out for you? my god man.....he created his own benchmark...are you going to pretend that he didn't ? :eusa_eh:

No, to my knowledge he never 'Defined rich.' That's an imaginary fascination on the right. He has proposed eliminating tax breaks for certain income earners; But I'm not aware that he's stated "If you make such and such, you are rich." That's a sophistry created by right wing radio.

Of course if you can indicate otherwise I'm open to hearing it...

dude, please don’t go sideways on me…:eusa_hand:...250k is the number , you know it I know it, I can cover this page with obama wants to raise taxs only on folks over 250k etc etc etc etc etc ..…….making claim and drawing parallels in terms of have and have nots and that magic 250, language as to dispensation from taxes for those below and what he wants from those above.

He (and hillary btw) staked out that number (along with 200k) from way back in the April 2008 Philly debate and hes rode it all along and the msm has rolled with it and made it what it is and he, has done exactly zero to disabuse anyone of that notion.........come on dude........ We’ve always been straight with each other.:eusa_eh:

I don't dispute they want to repeal the healthcare bill.

But what does the health care bill have to do with seniors now?

Obama was planning on taking $400 billion from their Medicare. He laid it out very clearly.
He was advocating cutting the waste, not the care that Medicare provides.
This has become a popular talking point for republicons though.

What one person calls waste another calls essential treatment for the elderly.

He isn't going to cut waste for kids, but old folks are gonna have to go without their hip-replacements after a yet to determined age and treatment for anything they deem is excessive.

Just take a pill Gramps.

The Road to IPAB

Hyperbole serves no purpose in polling. What percentage of Americans would oppose changing medicare from a fee for services based system to a more traditional insurance based system? The only thing they're talking about is changing the way we pay for the services madicare will still be paying to provide. Instead of doctors billing medicare (where much of the fraud comes from), doctors will be billing insurance companies with a profit motive and medicare will be paying for the insurance. If the care you get from your doctor when insurance companies pay for it is good enough for working people, it's good enough for retired people.

Medicare is an insurance based system.
if you happen to have medicxrae advantage it is, but thats what obama wants to do away with. medicare is a fee for sevices based system where the people who are on it get services that the providors bill medicare for. It's a single payor government based system, not insurance.

That's what insurance is.

jeezus. Medicare is a government run insurance program. You have to have paid at least 10 years of premiums into Medicare to be eligible.

.[/QUOTE]

btw, it's quite the insidious little trick that Ryan plays, i.e., exempting those 55 and over from having to lose Medicare.

Panders to the senior vote and raises the question,

if Ryan's plan is so great, why wouldn't he put older seniors into it?

Answer: because the plan isn't great, because you will be fucked in Ryan's plan.

Medicare is an insurance based system.
if you happen to have medicxrae advantage it is, but thats what obama wants to do away with. medicare is a fee for sevices based system where the people who are on it get services that the providors bill medicare for. It's a single payor government based system, not insurance.

jeezus. Medicare is a government run insurance program. You have to have paid at least 10 years of premiums into Medicare to be eligible.
right dumbass, insurance companies, with a vested interest in keeping down the cost. Not government. It's not a "government run insurance plan", it's a an entitlement. If the government can control costs better by paying an insurance premium than they can by paying for the services (and let the proffessionals figure out where the fraud is)... thats what they should do. Ryans plan does not "end medicare" as we know it or any other way, it justs has the government paying premiums instead of fee fee services.

btw, it's quite the insidious little trick that Ryan plays, i.e., exempting those 55 and over from having to lose Medicare.

Answer: because the plan isn't great, because you will be fucked in Ryan's plan.
Wrong again, they're exempted because of all the time they've spent paying into the failed system now. It is is essence to late to change their expectations.

right dumbass, insurance companies, with a vested interest in keeping down the cost. Not government. It's not a "government run insurance plan", it's a an entitlement. If the government can control costs better by paying an insurance premium than they can by paying for the services (and let the proffessionals figure out where the fraud is)... thats what they should do. Ryans plan does not "end medicare" as we know it or any other way, it justs has the government paying premiums instead of fee fee services.

Since when has the health care insurance companies ever held down their costs? In ten years the rates have increased over 130%.
Secondly, Ryan's plan would use the CPI to adjust the payment rate increase of the vouchers and insurance rates have surpassed the CPI rate for years. So say the CPI increase has been 3% annually and the insurance rates increase at their historic numbers of over 10%. After 10 years we're looking at a 30% increase in the CPI applied increase for the vouchers versus a 100% increase for health care insurance by the health care insurance companies. And that's OK?
If you are under 55 now, is that good for your wallet when you start using Ryan's "new" Medicare? NO! Nothing like shooting yourself in the foot.
Does anyone wonder why 80% of Americans are against Ryan's plan?
The best move would be raising the retirement age.

Wrong again, they're exempted because of all the time they've spent paying into the failed system now. It is is essence to late to change their expectations.

The failed system? Why do seniors LIKE Medicare?

You have to have paid premiums into Medicare in order to be covered. That makes it an insurance program.

No one with a brain agrees with you.

Because they have already invested in the old plan. Might as well not change it right before they need it.

Duhhhhh :cuckoo:

Insurance companies have a vested interest in collecting as much premium as possible while paying for as few claims as possible.

Because they have already invested in the old plan. Might as well not change it right before they need it.

Ryan's plan doesn't change a THING for those already subject to it. It will however give time to impliment changes for those future users of it, and gives them time to adjust their life planning.

Ryan is NOT trying to destroy it...he's trying to make it responsible, and viable.

Last edited:

Ryan's plan doesn't change a THING for those already subject to it. It will haoever give time to impliment changes for those future users of it, and gives them time to adjust their life planning.

Ryan is NOT trying to destroy it...he's trying to make it responsible, and viable.

The libs just want to demonize a true conservative who would make mincemeat out of Obama if he were to run for POTUS.
So it just makes sense for the libturds to start ealy and often to marginalize Ryan.

Just following the lib playbook :clap2:

Are you polling now? What percent of Americans want to see Medicare as we know it disappear?

You wouldnt listen if I told you, so..... :321:

Ah...no answer, eh?

The Obama regime keeps having to issue waivers for this POS healthcare bill. :confused:

Obama administration eases pain of Medicare cuts - USATODAY.com

" Millions of seniors in popular private insurance plans offered through Medicare will be getting a reprieve from some of the most controversial cuts in President Obama’s health care law."

:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back