Paul Ryan booed by constituents at town hall meeting

Did anyone at that meeting ask Ryan why he's such a hypocrite, having taken Social Security benefits as a kid?

or the same gopers who made a deal with them in exchange for $ 150 million worth of favorable ads for obamacare...oh, wait...:lol:

Do you dispute that the Republicans want to repeal the healthcare bill?

Do you dispute that that would contribute to making seniors extremely uninsurable?

I don't dispute they want to repeal the healthcare bill.

But what does the health care bill have to do with seniors now?

Obama was planning on taking $400 billion from their Medicare. He laid it out very clearly.
He was advocating cutting the waste, not the care that Medicare provides.
This has become a popular talking point for republicons though.

What’s in the Health Care Bill for Medicare: Part 2
by medicareblogger on Mar. 20, 2010, under Health

A tax increase and lower payments to Medicare Advantage plans are expected to cut the Medicare budget by $400 billion over ten years. I found a summary of provisions on the Kaiser Family Foundation website.

The Senate bill, which the House of Representatives will vote on this weekend…

*Increases the Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) payroll tax in 2013 by 0.9% (from 1.45% to 2.35%) on earnings over $200,000/individual, $250,000/couple; funds deposited into the Medicare Part A Trust Fund. This should bring in $86.8 billion in new revenue.

*Establishes new Independent Payment Advisory Board and requires the Board to submit a proposal with recommendations for reducing Medicare spending, (Death Panels) while maintaining quality and access, if Medicare per capita growth rates exceed targets, beginning in January 2014. Requires proposals to be automatically implemented unless Congress enacts alternative proposals that achieve same level of savings, or the Secretary had implemented recommendations in the prior year.

What’s in the Health Care Bill for Medicare: Part 2 - Medicare and More

The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation - Health Policy, Media Resources, Public Health Education & South Africa - Kaiser Family Foundation

A tax increase and lower payments to Medicare Advantage plans are expected to cut the Medicare budget by $400 billion over ten years. I found a summary of provisions on the Kaiser Family Foundation website.

*Increases the Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) payroll tax in 2013 by 0.9% (from 1.45% to 2.35%) on earnings over $200,000/individual, $250,000/couple; funds deposited into the Medicare Part A Trust Fund. This should bring in $86.8 billion in new revenue.

*Establishes new Independent Payment Advisory Board and requires the Board to submit a proposal with recommendations for reducing Medicare spending, (Death Panels) while maintaining quality and access, if Medicare per capita growth rates exceed targets, beginning in January 2014. Requires proposals to be automatically implemented unless Congress enacts alternative proposals that achieve same level of savings, or the Secretary had implemented recommendations in the prior year.

The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation - Health Policy, Media Resources, Public Health Education & South Africa - Kaiser Family Foundation

Isn't that closer to a way of making Medicare viable for the future? As opposed to taking it out and shooting it and sending the orphans off to live with the profiteers in the private insurance industry?

Do you dispute that that would contribute to making seniors extremely uninsurable?

Obama was planning on taking $400 billion from their Medicare. He laid it out very clearly.

What one person calls waste another calls essential treatment for the elderly.

He isn't going to cut waste for kids, but old folks are gonna have to go without their hip-replacements after a yet to determined age and treatment for anything they deem is excessive.

Just take a pill Gramps.

Last edited:
Did anyone at that meeting ask Ryan why he's such a hypocrite, having taken Social Security benefits as a kid?

I don't believe that getting benefits as a kid is being hypocritical. What else can a do?

That is as silly as Republicans saying, "If you think taxes should be higher, then why don't you just give money to the government?"

However,

Expecting 70 and 80 year old people to go out and get life insurance is just plain mean. Really really mean. The reason these programs were created is because the elderly were dying alone, in pain, eating pet food, freezing to death. Old meant destitute.

The problem with Republicans, at least the seeming majority on this board, is they say, "What's wrong with that? It's not my problem". Or, "Just take a pill".

Notice Ryan was the youngest person in the room? Older Republicans will have to decide. Is having a black man in the White House who wants to help you better or worse than belonging to a political party that wants to screw you over? For them, it all comes down to race.

Last edited by a moderator:

Isn't that closer to a way of making Medicare viable for the future? As opposed to taking it out and shooting it and sending the orphans off to live with the profiteers in the private insurance industry?

I think most people trust a private company more then the government right now.

wow, so they use a number that they pulled from thin air in 'savings' apply it somewhere else, claiming the bill comes in under budget and its a 'con' talking point...uh huh. thats some semantical jujitsu, but whatever gets you through the night.

So tell me, where is the prgm(s). utilizing that 'savings' going to get that money ?

I don't believe that getting benefits as a kid is being hypocritical. What else can a do?

That is as silly as Republicans saying, "If you think taxes should be higher, then why don't you just give money to the government?"

However,

Expecting 70 and 80 year old people to go out and get life insurance is just plain mean. Really really mean. The reason these programs were created is because the elderly were dying alone, in pain, eating pet food, freezing to death. Old meant destitute.

The problem with Republicans, at least the seeming majority on this board, is they say, "What's wrong with that? It's not my problem". Or, "Just take a pill".

Notice Ryan was the youngest person in the room? Older Republicans will have to decide. Is having a black man in the White House who wants to help you better or worse than belonging to a political party that wants to screw you over? For them, it all comes down to race.

No, Obama is the one that said just take a pill.

The problem the GOP has with all of this is it never really addresses the cause of higher prices. Instead Obamacare is driving up the costs already, even before anyone is getting any coverage.

Oh, and stop the silly race-baiting fuck-wad.

Last edited:

I think most people trust a private company more then the government right now.

read my sig...thats all there is to be said. they can keep their smug moralizing and central planning.

Ryan needs to drop back 15 and punt to the dems. He needs to adapt by taking some of the Debt Commission ideas after the Dems put up their budget.

Ryan needs to stand pat until the dems put something up, and then look like a responsible adult by compromising on some of the Debt Commission ideas.

Last edited:

wow, so they use a number that they pulled from thin air in 'savings' apply it somewhere else, claiming the bill comes in under budget and its a 'con' talking point...uh huh. thats some semantical jujitsu, but whatever gets you through the night.

So tell me, where is the prgm(s). utilizing that 'savings' going to get that money ?

Democrats running for office were told late last year not to talk about the cost-savings because Obamacare doesn't save anything. It increases costs.

Why? To pave the way for a single-payer health care system.

Democrats running for office were told late last year not to talk about the cost-savings because Obamacare doesn't save anything. It increases costs.

see mud, now they'll say hey its cool single payer!!! yay!!!

Ryan need to drop back 15 and punt to the dems. He needs to adapt by taking some of the Debt Commission ideas after the Dems put up their budget.

Ryan needs to stand pat until the dems put something up, and then look like a responsible adult by compromising on some of the Debt Commission ideas.

agreed. sensible folks, note the operative word there, sensible, saw ryans plan as a starting point, there are part of it I have questions about and I am not sure i am on-board with, BUT its a plan, so far we have unicorn poop from Obama.

see mud, now they'll say hey its cool single payer!!! yay!!!

That and gutting the rich like a bone-fish.

I really think the left is full of such nice, friendly, (cough) and compassionate people.

But its the voice of the people. You dont respect it?

I dont respect rent-a-mobs.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...et-director-david-stockman-3.html#post3551745

Man, this is amazing.

Cons have encapsulated themselves from any opposing ideas. Republicans that dont agree are called RINO's. News orgs that dont agree are called liberal orgs. Blogs that dont agree are dismissed as being liberal and even when Repubs are caught red handed doing something they dont agree with they are called liberal "plants".

What a perfect circle of willful ignorance

Proving my point

What the hell? You neg repped me for asking a question? Is your vagina ok?

Stop whining bitch....
:(

Forum List

Back