Paul Ryan booed by constituents at town hall meeting

Keep in mind, these GOP'ers who want to put seniors at the mercy of private for-profit insurance companies are also the same GOP'ers who want to repeal the healthcare bill...

...you know, the bill that stopped insurance companies from denying coverage to people with pre-existing conditions,

or kicking people off their insurance after they got sick...

But I guess that's no big deal, because who ever heard of a person over 65 with a pre-existing condition,

or a person over 65 who ever got really sick??

Question. It's been over a year since passage of Obamacare.

Who got their free health care so far?

Nobody.

Guess how many insurance companies stopped selling health insurance.

A shitload.

Last edited:
:lol::lol::lol: Even Paul Ryan's own constituents don't buy his BS. Of course, this is not surprising given the fact that a majority of Americans, including Republicans, oppose the GOP's proposed tax cuts for the rich and their plan to privatize Medicare.

I heard nobody boo.

I saw a guy reading a prepared text asking a question that sounded like one of Obama's speeches.

This video was too brief to say ether way what was going on other then some guy was reading a question off of a document.

No boos. I couldn't understand what Ryan said that cause everyone to say something, but it wasn't boos.

Thinkprogress btw is a Progressive blog site.

It's horseshit.

You didn't hear any boos because your fingers were in your ears and you were saying, "LALALALALALALALALA I can't hear you LALALALALALALA" :lol::lol::lol:

They weren't booing, they were chanting Paul!! Paul!!
:lol:

Keep in mind, these GOP'ers who want to put seniors at the mercy of private for-profit insurance companies are also the same GOP'ers who want to repeal the healthcare bill...

...you know, the bill that stopped insurance companies from denying coverage to people with pre-existing conditions,

But I guess that's no big deal, because who ever heard of a person over 65 with a pre-existing condition,

I think you need to change the transmission fluid in your Random Post Generator.

Let's see, libs whined hysterically when Tea Party activists confronted democrats at town hall meetings last year and now, wouldn't you know, they are delighted that a republican gets booed by union activists. What a bunch of jerks.

quite true. if they didn't have DOUBLE standards, they'd have NONE at all.

or the same gopers who made a deal with them in exchange for $ 150 million worth of favorable ads for obamacare...oh, wait...:lol:

That's consistent with the rest of your idiocy.

The polls are overwhelmingly against Ryan's nonsensical plan.

That's consistent with the rest of your idiocy.

The American people are sick and tired of the taxing and spending going on in DC. We need cuts, VERY DEEP CUTS!

Are you polling now? What percent of Americans want to see Medicare as we know it disappear?
I'm all for it...Do away away with it once and for all. Along with welfare.

Just create two national charities to fund both. Let the people choose if they want to contribute, or not......We are a very charitable nation. No doubt that plenty would be contributed to fund both.

Enough of this BS of them trying to confiscate wealth to fund their lazy ass entitlement programs. It isn't their god damn money in the first place!

I think you need to change the transmission fluid in your Random Post Generator.
Why did you ignore the rest of the post?

Truth hurts?

Nobody.

Guess how many insurance companies stopped selling health insurance.

A shitload.

have you not heard? the under 26 'spangers', a whole troop of them in Berkeley, Peoples park, College ave. etc. who can now have 'free' health-care via their parents plans....hey, Nancy said they could go and chase their muse without worrying about being an adult and like getting their own health care, I see them everyday....wrycatcher hangs with them....

or the same gopers who made a deal with them in exchange for $ 150 million worth of favorable ads for obamacare...oh, wait...:lol:

Do you dispute that the Republicans want to repeal the healthcare bill?

Do you dispute that that would contribute to making seniors extremely uninsurable?

I wonder why we let it get out of control during the Bush years. Clinton had eliminated the deficit and we were on our way to debt reduction. It was part spending cuts and partially raising taxes.

I just don't like these Republicans getting hold of what has been a safety net for people. I really don't think they know what they are doing. Let them address it another way.

The only way to save Social Security and Medicare is get it out of the hands of Congress.

Bush tried to do that several years ago and failed.

And the Dems cheered.

The way to save it is to create millions of jobs that will in turn create revenue.

Do you think the purpose of business is to create jobs?

Right now everyone is gonna take a hit. As in lose every thing if we don't deal with this now.

I wonder why we let it get out of control during the Bush years. Clinton had eliminated the deficit and we were on our way to debt reduction. It was part spending cuts and partially raising taxes.

I just don't like these Republicans getting hold of what has been a safety net for people. I really don't think they know what they are doing. Let them address it another way.

hello. he didn't eliminate the deficit, for god sakes, he balanced the budget and he did that by using SS money. BUT, he did, with help manage the fisc better than the last 2.

so what are your suggestions?

From Factcheck:

Q: During the Clinton administration was the federal budget balanced? Was the federal deficit erased?

A: Yes to both questions, whether you count Social Security or not.
This chart, based on historical figures from the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office, shows the total deficit or surplus for each fiscal year from 1990 through 2006. Keep in mind that fiscal years begin Oct. 1, so the first year that can be counted as a Clinton year is fiscal 1994. The appropriations bills for fiscal years 1990 through 1993 were signed by Bill Clinton's predecessor, George H.W. Bush. Fiscal 2002 is the first for which President George W. Bush signed the appropriations bills, and the first to show the effect of his tax cuts.

More:

FactCheck.org: During the Clinton administration was the federal budget balanced? Was the federal deficit erased?

Raise taxes on the rich and cut spending, bring the troops home and look at the defense budget, concentrate on foreign spending, not so much on domestic spending.

Those were'nt folks who voted for Ryan.

He is doing what he was voted in to do... so you back benchers can keep on dreaming.

Hurray for Paul Ryan......

IN FACT:
:clap2: PAUL RYAN FOR PRESIDENT :clap2:

You must be the oldest one in your family.

Do you dispute that that would contribute to making seniors extremely uninsurable?

I don't dispute they want to repeal the healthcare bill.

But what does the health care bill have to do with seniors now?

Obama was planning on taking $400 billion from their Medicare. He laid it out very clearly.

The only way to save Social Security and Medicare is get it out of the hands of Congress.

Bush tried to do that several years ago and failed.

And the Dems cheered.

The way to save it is to create millions of jobs that will in turn create revenue.

Do you think the purpose of business is to create jobs?

The purpose of business in a capitalistic society is to supply demand and make a tidy profit. Rich people don't create jobs. Demand creates a need for jobs. If no one has any money, there is no demand, then no jobs, then no business. Companies end up fighting over left over markets. Heating oil, food, basic clothing. Just the basics.

I don't dispute they want to repeal the healthcare bill.

But what does the health care bill have to do with seniors now?

Obama was planning on taking $400 billion from their Medicare. He laid it out very clearly.

Really? How was he going to do that? Link?

Forum List

Back