Paul McCartney to replace Kurt Cobain

eots

no fly list
Jan 6, 2007
IN TH HEARTS AND MINDS OF FREE MEN
McCartney will be supported by drummer Dave Grohl, bassist Krist Novoselic and unofficial fourth member Pat Smear for the 12.12.12 concert for victims of Hurricane Sandy.
It will be the first time the surviving members of the grunge band have played together in 20 years.
The outfit will not see Paul McCartney try his hand at classics Smells Like Teen Spirit or Lithium, however.
Instead, the four will play a new song at the New York charity concert.
The founding members have been secretly working on the track with Paul McCartney in a studio session after Sir Paul said he rang drummer Grohl, 43, who asked him to come along to “jam with some mates”.

Sir Paul McCartney to replace Kurt Cobain in Nirvana reunion - Telegraph

:disbelief: Replace?!?

While I appreciate the magnitude of the event, McCartney working with the talent that backed Kurt back in the day would be a hell of a show.....

While I appreciate the magnitude of the event, it's the uniqueness of the Monkeys in the moment that makes you Monkeys interesting. Nobody can 'replace' Kurt Cobain.

I dig what can happen when talented Monkeys collaborate.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf6MitS7SN0]Roy Orbison and Friends - Mean Woman Blues 1987 - YouTube[/ame]

:disbelief: Replace?!?

While I appreciate the magnitude of the event, McCartney working with the talent that backed Kurt back in the day would be a hell of a show.....

While I appreciate the magnitude of the event, it's the uniqueness of the Monkeys in the moment that makes you Monkeys interesting. Nobody can 'replace' Kurt Cobain.

I dig what can happen when talented Monkeys collaborate.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf6MitS7SN0]Roy Orbison and Friends - Mean Woman Blues 1987 - YouTube[/ame]

A Black and White Night
is one of the best concert films of all time.

Forum List

Back