Patriots yearn for the America we used to know

(4) Nobody who went downtown even imagined that s/he might be sucker punched or killed. People just assumed that it was safe to ride public transportation. Nobody even talked about "crime." And, of course, the unhoused did not sleep on the sidewalks.
You think New Orleans or NYC downtown was safe then?

MAGA = more axe handles less democracy

initforme Jan2024 Vpyfta00328: I hated the 50s. Robotic unhappy people. One income houeholds waking up to the same old routine thinking how great their lives are scraping by. Working their tales off got them nowhere. vnvtfvrmv Vpyfta00328

Blaster Jan2024 Spyfta00331: The 50's were a decade of peace. blvstvr Spyfta00331 to Vpyfta00328

We must remind Saint Blaster that the top tax rate for the wealthiest Americans (DJT’s racist landlord papa comes to mind) was in the upper 90 percent range during the 1950s.

Perhaps we should go back to pre-Reagan tax rates until Putin pulls his fascist army out of the sovereign nation of Ukraine as well as fighting crime in big US cities and paying non-racist cops a whole lot more.

Problem solved but white Christian nationalists want all of us to pray and vote Republican Instead of raising taxes on the rich.

nf.24.01.17 #348
to Spyfta00331

You think New Orleans or NYC downtown was safe then?
I love watching the movie "North by Northwest" (1959) starring Cary Grant.

It has scenes of downtown NYC. Everyone is well-dressed (the men in suits and hats).

I am pretty sure that in 1959 NYC, things were pretty nice.

The bad elements had not yet dared enter downtown and cause blank. The deterioration started, however, quite soon in the 1960s.

It has scenes of downtown NYC. Everyone is well-dressed (the men in suits and hats).

The bad elements had not yet dared enter downtown and cause blank. The deterioration started, however, quite soon in the 1960s.
Back in the day when people took pride in their appearance.

You're basing that on a movie? Er now watch Godfather and On the Waterfront.

I am starting to think that some believe a worker should show up and always do their best and never speak out and just be so unbelievably thankful for their job. That's why people in the 50s were so miserable.
Today's new workers aspure for more than 9 to 5, have a family, wash rinse repeat. I don't blame them for working, not having families, saving up so they can retire asap, not in their 60s that way too old. In many ways all wise moves in today's america

Forum List

Back