Patriotism Over Partisanship - A Conservative's Pledge

And so, my friends, I pledge my fealty to our common cause, my hope for our new president and my undying allegiance to our beloved nation.

What's this? Another Contract On America?

Not a fan of Speaker Gingrich, I take it.

How do you feel about actually outlining your policy proposals in concrete and easily understandable fashion? Have a problem with that as well?

Greed did not break this economy leaving aside for the moment the Clintonistas that ran Fannie and Freddie full speed into the wall and were covered in this endeavor by B. Frank and associates. What broke this economy was a perfect storm of regulations ranging from neigborhood rules on minimum size of houses for that neighborhood, which have largely produced larger and larger houses on larger and larger pieces of land, to state and local zoning laws and building codes some of which were absolutely necessary but some of which are little more than job security for bureaucrats, to Federal enforcement of Anti red lining rules beginning in the seventies to B. Frank's cherished anti predatory lending rules of the early nineties the two of which together meant that not only were mortgage companies compelled to make loans that they knew beyond a doubt would end in default and then foreclosure but that they were no longer allowed to make any attempt whatever to offset the costs legal and otherwise of such loans. Add to this the number of nitwits that think banks and mortgage companies make money on foreclosures, and, of course, blaming them for this is an easy sell.

Last edited:
Greed did not break this economy leaving aside for the moment the Clintonistas that ran Fannie and Freddie full speed into the wall and were covered in this endeavor by B. Frank and associates. What broke this economy was a perfect storm of regulations ranging from neigborhood rules on minimum size of houses for that neighborhood, which have largely produced larger and larger houses on larger and larger pieces of land, to state and local zoning laws and building codes some of which were absolutely necessary but some of which are little more than job security for bureaucrats, to Federal enforcement of Anti red lining rules beginning in the seventies to B. Frank's cherished anti predatory lending rules of the early nineties the two of which together meant that not only were mortgage companies compelled to make loans that they knew beyond a doubt would end in default and then foreclosure but that they were no longer allowed to make any attempt whatever to offset the costs legal and otherwise of such loans. Add to this the number of nitwits that think banks and mortgage companies make money on foreclosures, and, of course, blaming them for this is an easy sell.

Sure, sure. Regulations that said we had to have all those derivatives, right? Silly ass, Phil Gramm set this whole thing up, along with Bush breaking the bank at home and abroad. Still trying to divert the blame for the Second Great Republican Depression. Not going to work. The people on the factory floor know exactly the reason they are standing in line for unemployment, while a CEO recieves 87 million dollars for losing his company 37 billion dollars. And then spends 1.3 million of the bailout dollar for a remodeling of his office. You Republicans are a hoot.:lol:

Like hell Rayboy The Deomcratically controlled Senate essentially wrote No child left behind, and had a large hand in Shaping the Patriot act as well.

The derivitavies market has been around forever. It didn't start under Bush and it did not grow at a faster pace under him than it did for anyone else. What did happen was that a Mortgage industry that was increasingly burdened by bad loans simply incuded more of those loans in a given derivative. They had no choice, rocks in the head.

Last edited:
Like hell Rayboy The Deomcratically controlled Senate essentially wrote No child left behind, and had a large hand in Shaping the Patriot act as well.

It was the REPUBLICAN Senate. What planet do you live on?

And the problem was that the repubs made NCLB an UNFUNDED MANDATE. As for the Patriot Act... It shouldn't have been voted for by a single dem. But no, the dems didn't SHAPE it. In fact, the congressional leadership didn't put a single bill on the floor for six years that couldn't pass without a single democratic vote. So you really need to go check your facts on that.

Jillian You MOron The Dems controlled the Senate 2001 to 2003. Look it up? Liberrals believe such ingnorant crap Remeber Jumping Jim Jeffords who switched to independent and ceded control of the senate to the Dems? Prior to that it was tied 50-50. Both No Child left behind and the Patriot Act Came in during that 2001-2003 time span.

And so, my friends, I pledge my fealty to our common cause, my hope for our new president and my undying allegiance to our beloved nation.

What's this? Another Contract On America?

Not a fan of Speaker Gingrich, I take it.
Not many normal people are.

How do you feel about actually outlining your policy proposals in concrete and easily understandable fashion? Have a problem with that as well?
Why would they do that? WTF would be listening to them? We pay politicians to do that,

Good you can say what you want but don't disparage me for what I said then.

I reserve the right to disparage anyone who makes blanket statements about somebody's idiocy..

:eusa_whistle:

You don't have to reserve that right. You automatically have it as a citizen of this nation. So does everyone else.

Thats fine but that person called me a communist for telling people what I think and if that is communism where the hell are we at.

I reserve the right to disparage anyone who makes blanket statements about somebody's idiocy..

:eusa_whistle:

You don't have to reserve that right. You automatically have it as a citizen of this nation. So does everyone else.

Thats fine but that person called me a communist for telling people what I think and if that is communism where the hell are we at.

you have every right in the world to reserve a right to disparage anyone. methinks old rocks just got up on the wrong side of the hospital bed.

you commie bastard! hahaha, do normal people actually stay up all night worrying about the red menace and call others commies in real life?

Last edited:
Why would they do that? WTF would be listening to them? We pay politicians to do that,

Dev,How do you expect to know if there correct or not if you do not take a little time to look at the solutions from a historical perspective?

Surely you aren't gullible enough just to trust blindly any politician just because he has a (d) or an (r) after his name.

Dev,How do you expect to know if there correct or not if you do not take a little time to look at the solutions from a historical perspective?

Surely you aren't gullible enough just to trust blindly any politician just because he has a (d) or an (r) after his name.

these are indeed a few of my words in quotes: "Why would they do that?" "WTF would be listening to them?" "We pay politicians to do that,.."

I look at proposed solutions with historical perspective and more. I try not to read into things stuff that is not there. I trust blindly, no one not even myself. That is why I do so much introspection and why I live in a world full of nuance and gray areas.

as far as political party affiliation goes {'D' 'R' 'L' 'G' 'I' 'S' 'C'...and a few more...I apologize if I didn't put your letter up} ... the nation's politics has devolved to a point where it is often too easy to prejudge the party of the person doing the proposing.

A few decades back when there were liberals in the GOP and conservatives in the DNC in sufficient numbers to initiate debate with a party, a person would've been foolish to assume who was proposing what and what party they were in. not so anymore. now mani's fastest horse is most likely going to be the winner

Last edited:
Interesting... I find that partisanship is important to politics only for coalitions and compromise. Other than that they are trouble makers. In my opinion the founders did not intend for political parties, but they're here anyways right. So I guess the question is how much control should we give them?

Depends on how they are formatted. And whether or not they listen to the grass roots. As for all the bitching about partisanship pull your damn head out. The Democrats define partisanship as we we'll do things my way and if you go along and it fails then we will blame you for it and move on to some other nonsense proposal that won't work either.

Screw that. There is not much reason to compromise with idiots who think the best way to insure that the boat doesn't sink is to drill a few more holes in the bottom to let the water out.

Last edited:

How many sub prime loans did the mac twins write?

You are aware arent you that Chairman Cox of the SEC said months ago that it was GLB 1999 act that caused this mess. IT WAS DEREGULATION that did it.

So, your contention is that the 2010 Republican campaign platform should be that its all Clinton's fault, and that we need comprehensive deregulation of financial markets and banks?

Nope because we aren't going to get it most of the stuff has been around far too long and no one left or right wants to mess with it. Some regs are needed no doubt about but we have to find away around building larger and larger homes a bigger and bigger chunks of land or we are looking at a day when the only thing your average working stiff can afford to live in is an apartment or a 100 year old home he inherited from his Daddy who got it from his daddy etc etc. The GLB of 1999 which Clinton signed off on was in fact an attempt to salvage the housing industry and it might nave worked had it not been for the Clintonistas, re writting their contracts to favor giving even more toxic home loans to even mnore people who couldn't afford them.

Forum List

Back