Pathless Path

I think you are secretly in love with Sky!:eusa_whistle:

Kind of, yes. She frequently has something to say that I take away and cherish. But her history of persecution and anger make it hard to accept her current incarnation will be any different from the last 6. Those who have been around longer than you tend to take Sky's reinventions with a grain of salt, but we do root for her.

Thank you for "rooting for me".

I think you and I are more alike than you want to admit.

sky
Why would I not root for you, Sky? You may not appreciate my methods, but I want to help you find a better path.
If you mean that we both want to be kind to our fellow travelers and sometimes fall short, yes. Where we differ is that I don't piss and moan how I'm mistreated when I fall short, and I won't overlook your faults when pointing them out may cause you to do some soul searching, leading to a better, happier life.
I want for you what I want for myself. We just differ in how to get there.

Kind of, yes. She frequently has something to say that I take away and cherish. But her history of persecution and anger make it hard to accept her current incarnation will be any different from the last 6. Those who have been around longer than you tend to take Sky's reinventions with a grain of salt, but we do root for her.

sky
Why would I not root for you, Sky? You may not appreciate my methods, but I want to help you find a better path.
If you mean that we both want to be kind to our fellow travelers and sometimes fall short, yes. Where we differ is that I don't piss and moan how I'm mistreated when I fall short, and I won't overlook your faults when pointing them out may cause you to do some soul searching, leading to a better, happier life.

I don't know, Ernie. Why would I not think you were "rooting for me"? Because some here hate me.

Yeah, I piss and moan about that. Stupid really. Why should I give a shit about people who don't want me to succeed?

Because that was my family. They wanted me to fail. I expect everyone else to be just like them. Why wouldn't I?

Truth is, when I'm real, like this, someone will come along and start slamming the shit out of me for it.

Last edited:

sky

I don't know, Ernie. Why would I not think you were "rooting for me"? Because some here hate me.

Yeah, I piss and moan about that. Stupid really. Why should I give a shit about people who don't want me to succeed?

Because that was my family. They wanted me to fail. I expect everyone else to be just like them. Why wouldn't I?

Truth is, when I'm real, like this, someone will come along and start slamming the shit out of me for it.

No one hates you here Sky. An awful lot are tired of listening to your self flagellation and veiled threats of suicide and would welcome your happiness or your departure. We are not your family here. You will not be written off because of your sexual orientation or your spiritual path. The things that people find distasteful about you are within your power to change.
First thing you MUST do is accept that not everyone is going to love you. Your family may indeed be cruel and wish you to fail. That is their problem GROW past that. Find the joy in situations. Share that joy, first with those you love and then with those who don't love you. FUCK those who won't love you back. BELIEVE that that is their loss. LOOK at those who don't like you. TRY to understand why. And most important, FIND something, no matter how small, to respect about them.

why would i not root for you, sky? You may not appreciate my methods, but i want to help you find a better path.
If you mean that we both want to be kind to our fellow travelers and sometimes fall short, yes. Where we differ is that i don't piss and moan how i'm mistreated when i fall short, and i won't overlook your faults when pointing them out may cause you to do some soul searching, leading to a better, happier life.
I want for you what i want for myself. We just differ in how to get there.

i don't know, ernie. Why would i not think you were "rooting for me"? Because some here hate me.

Yeah, i piss and moan about that. Stupid really. Why should i give a shit about people who don't want me to succeed?

Because that was my family. They wanted me to fail. I expect everyone else to be just like them. Why wouldn't i?

Truth is, when i'm real, like this, someone will come along and start slamming the shit out of me for it.

no one hates you here sky. An awful lot are tired of listening to your self flagellation and veiled threats of suicide and would welcome your happiness or your departure. We are not your family here. You will not be written off because of your sexual orientation or your spiritual path. The things that people find distasteful about you are within your power to change.
First thing you must do is accept that not everyone is going to love you. Your family may indeed be cruel and wish you to fail. That is their problem grow past that. Find the joy in situations. Share that joy, first with those you love and then with those who don't love you. Fuck those who won't love you back. Believe that that is their loss. Look at those who don't like you. Try to understand why. And most important, find something, no matter how small, to respect about them.

ok.

Oddly enough, even though I don't consider myself Buddhist any longer, I still feel as though I'm on my spiritual path. Anyone else relate to that?

I've decided to do something different with my posting in the forum. After I try the experiment, you can let me know if it worked.
I am also going to clean up my act !!no more bickering and name calling for me!! unless of coarse someone else starts it!!i am even going to tone down some of the racial rhetoric .......:eusa_angel:

Yidnar--

You are an absolute hoot!:lol:

How do you manage to have zero rep points? Buddy, you are my kind of guy!:clap2:

somehow i dont think you would like him much if you read his posts.

This kind of topic always turns to (or starts from) empty, superficial, self-indulgent navel-gazing nonsense.

Forum List

Back