Pat Robertson: Wives must obey or get spanked

Wonky Pundit

USMB's Silent Snowden
Apr 30, 2011
Quisitive
But wouldn't that just make them even more disobedient? :cuckoo:

On a segment on the long-running 700 Club the 83-year-old Robertson explained to a woman seeking relationship advice that an occasional slap in the rear is the clearest path to marital bliss.

"Ma'am, with all due respect, it seems like the problem in your marriage is disobedience," he told the caller. "When a wife disobeys her husband the holy bond between the two starts to disintegrate and all sorts of problems start to crop up.

"The apostle Paul tells us in Corinthians the importance of submission. And when you lose that submission in a marriage, there's only one solution: a sound spanking on the bottom.

"Wives must be spanked by their husbands. It's the only way to keep biblical order. Nothing too hard, just enough to let her know he's the one in charge. So I have to ask, when was your last spanking dear?"

Source

So when a wife goes to her husband and says "I've been a bad girl. A dirty girl." He shouldn't spank her! Where did that come from?

On a segment on the long-running 700 Club the 83-year-old Robertson explained to a woman seeking relationship advice that an occasional slap in the rear is the clearest path to marital bliss.

"Ma'am, with all due respect, it seems like the problem in your marriage is disobedience," he told the caller. "When a wife disobeys her husband the holy bond between the two starts to disintegrate and all sorts of problems start to crop up.

"The apostle Paul tells us in Corinthians the importance of submission. And when you lose that submission in a marriage, there's only one solution: a sound spanking on the bottom.

"Wives must be spanked by their husbands. It's the only way to keep biblical order. Nothing too hard, just enough to let her know he's the one in charge. So I have to ask, when was your last spanking dear?"

Source

The Far Right Religious Craziness Gift that keeps on giving! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Source

My advice to you is, stop being a prude. He isn't the only one that thinks that way.

Yesterday, on an international BDSM discussion list I’m part of, someone brought up an article in the most recent issue of Bitch magazine and asked people for their thoughts. The article, written by Jessica Wakeman, is entitled “Slap Happy,” and it’s about the domestic discipline subculture. Needless to say I was intrigued, so I went right away and read through the article. The following is a somewhat expanded version of the post I wrote a post to the list.
For starters, let’s define. “Domestic discipline” is a term I’ve heard used in two contexts now, each of which seems to be reasonably distinct from the other though they share some traits. The Bitch article deals with domestic discipline in the context of heterosexual marriage or partnership in which the woman is the one being disciplined and the man doling out that discipline. It more or less focuses on the idea of keeping your wife on good behaviour via the regular administration of punishment for transgressions – the chief manifestation of this punishment seems to be spanking, but other things too.
The second context in which I’ve read about domestic discipline is in the book The Mistress Manual: The Good Girl’s Guide to Female Dominance, by Mistress Lorelei, which in a fun coincidence I just finished reading last week. It has a completely reverse idea of what domestic discipline is all about even though it explicitly and deliberately uses the same term. In the author’s view, it’s all about a male’s subordination to the feminine power of his wife.
From what I understand from online and in-person community discussions, there is a range among practitioners within each of these two permutations – male dominant / female submissive and female dominant / male submissive – of the domestic discipline subculture. If I had to give it a shorthand, I’d say that range falls along the lines of nature versus nurture. Some of these groups and practitioners seem to define themselves with the idea that domestic discipline is the natural, normal way of things and really they’re only doing what everyone else should be. In some cases (male dom / female sub specifically) that take on things is informed by a right-wing, father-knows-best sort of place, and a significant number of those folks come at it from a rather strict reading of the Bible. On the opposing end of the range, others understand that their practice is simply what works for them emotionally within a relationship, and have no particular assumptions about the wider population as a result.

the nature (or nurture) of domestic discipline | Sex Geek

Pat Robertson has completely lost his fucking mind

That may be the funniest thing I ever read

Didn't some NFL player just spank his lawyer in the courtroom.

There you go.

Spanking is socially acceptable.

Oh hooo

I just looked at the link.

It's from the Daily Currant! It's like the Onion. It's a satire site. None of it is true.

I guess we were all taken in, some more than others.

Last edited:
Oh hooo

I just looked at the link.

It's from the Daily Currant! It's like the Onion. It's a satire site.

I guess we were all taken in, some more than others.

You have to admit that it's still funny as hell. Especially since it was so believable.

Bravo, guys! :clap2:

Source

The wives are way ahead of Robertson. They sit on the gold. Literally. And if they get 'spanked' or any other thing they don't like, they can always cut the prick off!

Since nothing in the article is true, liberals are just going to have to ignore that and pretend its true.

Forum List

Back