Pat Robertson wants marijuana decriminalized

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
Pat Robertson wants relaxed marijuana laws, more prayer - BostonHerald.com

“I just think it’s shocking how many of these young people wind up in prison and they get turned into hard-core criminals because they had a possession of a very small amount of controlled substance,” he said, according to a transcript of the show obtained by Law Enforcement Against Prohibition and posted online. “It’s time we stop locking up people for possession of marijuana. We just can’t do it anymore.”

Pat Robertson wants relaxed marijuana laws, more prayer - BostonHerald.com

“I just think it’s shocking how many of these young people wind up in prison and they get turned into hard-core criminals because they had a possession of a very small amount of controlled substance,” he said, according to a transcript of the show obtained by Law Enforcement Against Prohibition and posted online. “It’s time we stop locking up people for possession of marijuana. We just can’t do it anymore.”
Prohibition of the use of marijuana is a disaster just as was the Prohibition of alcohol. Whenever we pass a law to prohibit some behavior that is acceptable by a large segment of the population, the public doesn't support the police's efforts to enforce the law. This results in inequitable enforcement and a great business opportunity for criminals.

Make it legal completely as much as they can stuff in.

Just protect the public or better yet, let the public protect themselves.

I have mad skills at growing the weed indoor and outdoor it would be awesome little business like wine makers or all organic beer micro brewers...I would be in big demand if it where legal ..growing top quality bud is an art

I support as well,but stiff,huge.penalties on ANYTHING manufactured or proven physically addictive.

I have to admit that I am utterly shocked.

Pat Robertson? Really?

Probably the first time I have ever agreed with the man on anything.

Well, good for him. Well done Pat Robertson!

Pat Robertson? Really?

I saw it on Ratigan earlier. Him and the panel pretty much said the same thing.

I have a hard time wrapping my head around it. How does such a fundamentalist like him advocate for anything that's going to encourage and enable the consumption of a controlled substance?

Pat Robertson? Really?

I have a hard time wrapping my head around it. How does such a fundamentalist like him advocate for anything that's going to encourage and enable the consumption of a controlled substance?
He isn't advocating consumption, just addressing laws, wherein you can be sentenced to prison for possession of a small amount. Common sense.

Pat Robertson? Really?

He isn't advocating consumption, just addressing laws, wherein you can be sentenced to prison for possession of a small amount. Common sense.

I didn't say he advocated consumption, I said he advocated for something that would enable it.

Though, why wouldn't he advocate some consumption?

I believe there's something in the good book about the partaking of intoxicating substances to excess, but certainly there is nothing about not partaking at all, as far as I know...

As to the partaking of Marijuana in particular, there is no mention at all.

Now, at this point I feel I must point out that I don't actually smoke the stuff myself. It just makes me sleepy, and I don't really enjoy it all that much.

But I see no reason why people who do shouldn't go out and smoke it. And I see no reason why Pat Robertson would be particularly against it, now that I think about it.

"that Cliff Robertson ROCKS dude." "I think the dude's name is Pat...."

Cheech-and-chong-Up-In-Smoke.jpg

I wish pot was this nations only problem. I don't know many people in uniform and out of uniform that hasn't smoked pot. Legalize it and deal with the truly dangerous drugs like crack and ill gotten prescription meds.

Pat Robertson? Really?

Possibly, he doesn't believe it will encourage and enable the marijuana of consumption. You can easily buy marijuana anyplace in the country even thou it's illegal.

Once you make something illegal the state can't regulated it which means it can't control who sells it or to whom it can be sold. It can't be taxed nor can the safety of the product be guaranteed.

The market for marijuana is estimated to be over a hundred billion dollars a year and almost all of it goes into the hands of criminals and organized crime. It's a cash cow that finances the distribution of hard drugs, the sex trade, and a number of criminal enterprises.

Last edited:

Pat Robertson? Really?

Well, I think the objective would be to first get it off the controlled substance list.

Forum List

Back