Pat Robertson: Pro-Segregation, banning interracial dating.

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago
Call it that Old Time Religion.

10_116071822.jpg

Pat Robertson: Schools with interracial dating bans deserve tax-exempt status if it’s based on the Bible

Conservative TV preacher Pat Robertson said this week that the Internal Revenue Service had been wrong to strip the tax-exempt status from Bob Jones University after finding a ban on interracial dating to be discriminatory.

A 700 Club report warned on Thursday that the U.S. government could strip religious schools of federal benefits if the Supreme Court ruled that bans on same-sex marriage were unconstitutional.

During recent oral arguments, Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia had asked Solicitor General Donald Verrilli Jr. if legalizing same-sex marriage might impact Christian schools the way that Bob Jones University had lost its tax-exempt status in 1983 over racial policies, including an interracial dating ban.

barry-goldwater-preachers-quote.jpg

Lincoln tried to deport all the blacks after the war. Pat Robertson parrots those sentiments...along with the KKK and the rest of the GOP.

Lincoln tried to deport all the blacks after the war.
Prove it...
Abraham Lincoln 'wanted to deport slaves' to new colonies
Abraham Lincoln wanted to ship freed black slaves away from the US to British colonies in the Caribbean even in the final months of his life, it has emerged.
Abraham Lincoln wanted to deport slaves to new colonies - Telegraph

Lincoln was also a bigot...here's one of his speeches.

“I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races – that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything.”

Racist Quote by Abe Lincoln Happy Black History Month darwinian remiix

Wasn't even President then yet boys...

"Before the debate at Charleston, Democrats held up a banner that read "Negro equality" with a picture of a white man, a negro woman and a mulatto child.[24] At this debate Lincoln went further than before in denying the charge that he was an abolitionist, saying that:

I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And in as much as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything. I do not understand that because I do not want a negro woman for a slave I must necessarily want her for a wife. My understanding is that I can just let her alone.[25]

While denying abolitionist tendencies was effective politics, the African-American abolitionist Frederick Douglass remarked on Lincoln's "entire freedom from popular prejudice against the colored race."[26] In spite of Lincoln's denial of abolitionist tendencies, Stephen Douglas charged Lincoln with having an ally in Frederick Douglass in preaching "abolition doctrines." Stephen Douglas said that "the negro" Frederick Douglass told "all the friends of negro equality and negro citizenship to rally as one man around Abraham Lincoln." Stephen Douglas also charged Lincoln with a lack of consistency when speaking on the issue of racial equality,[27] and cited Lincoln's previous statements that the declaration that all men are created equal applies to blacks as well as whites.
Lincoln Douglas debates - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Wasn't even President then yet boys...

"Before the debate at Charleston, Democrats held up a banner that read "Negro equality" with a picture of a white man, a negro woman and a mulatto child.[24] At this debate Lincoln went further than before in denying the charge that he was an abolitionist, saying that:

I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And in as much as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything. I do not understand that because I do not want a negro woman for a slave I must necessarily want her for a wife. My understanding is that I can just let her alone.[25]

While denying abolitionist tendencies was effective politics, the African-American abolitionist Frederick Douglass remarked on Lincoln's "entire freedom from popular prejudice against the colored race."[26] In spite of Lincoln's denial of abolitionist tendencies, Stephen Douglas charged Lincoln with having an ally in Frederick Douglass in preaching "abolition doctrines." Stephen Douglas said that "the negro" Frederick Douglass told "all the friends of negro equality and negro citizenship to rally as one man around Abraham Lincoln." Stephen Douglas also charged Lincoln with a lack of consistency when speaking on the issue of racial equality,[27] and cited Lincoln's previous statements that the declaration that all men are created equal applies to blacks as well as whites.
Lincoln Douglas debates - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Yeah I've always read that more as political pandering than personal philosophy.

It would be ironic if Lincoln really believed in a superior/inferior race structure since he himself is said to have been Melungeon.

Prove it...
The Civil War was really about protecting the profits of corporate businesses in the north....typical con trait.
It was about keeping the union together, and ending slavery.
Well if believing that makes you feel good about Lincoln's killing of 750,000 Americans...But just because you "believe" the world is flat, doesn't make it so.

Prove it...
The Civil War was really about protecting the profits of corporate businesses in the north....typical con trait.
Well if believing that makes you feel good about Lincoln's killing of 750,000 Americans...But just because you "believe" the world is flat, doesn't make it so.
I have history, you have revisionist history. I win.

Prove it...

I thought it was due to the Koch Brothers.

Surprisingly, it wasn't. You see, Fred Koch wouldn't make his fortune until the following century, when he set up a national oil industry for his client Joe Stalin.

Prove it...
I have history, you have revisionist history. I win.
I revised nothing, you did. Facts are not revising. Lincoln killed 750,000 Americans. Factories in the north were making huge profits from the natural resources from the south, which is why the south tried to secede. Republicans have a long history of defending corporate profits. Fact is the bigot speech Lincoln made, makes him a bigot. Fact is Lincoln tried to deport the blacks after the war. You got nothing.

Last edited:
There goes Pat Robertson attempting to bring the races together again but Obama wont let him :rolleyes:

Lincoln tried to deport all the blacks after the war. Pat Robertson parrots those sentiments...along with the KKK and the rest of the GOP.
Lincoln was trying to keep the union together. He used deportation to "sweeten" the pot in his bid for emancipation. Kind of like when Obama agreed to the Bush Tax Cuts when Republicans were going to let millions of Americans suffer by cutting off their unemployment after many of them lost their jobs due to terrible GOP economic policies. Conservatives have been a terrible thorn in the side of this country for generations. Lincoln was desperate to keep this country together and Obama was desperate that millions of Americans don't suffer. Both times, it was conservatives who are the enemy of America.

Unemployment benefits not until Bush tax cuts pass Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

Republicans say tax cuts must come first CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Forum List

Back