Zone1 Pastor Brooks has raised $18 million for his Chicago jobs/youth community center!

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
The man is unstoppable! He is showing by example what one man can do if he is determined. Chicago "leadership" has yet to even ACKNOWLEDGE what Pastor Brooks is doing. Politicians in this country are absolutely pathetic. They care nothing about the people, only about their own power. Fortunately it looks like Pastor Brooks will make the Chicago Youth Center happen without them. This is from the email I received today:

Happy TGIF!

Believe it or not, Project H.O.O.D has raised over 6 Million Dollars in 72 Hours for a grand total of 18 Million dollars for our new Leadership and Economic Center. First, an anonymous donor has confirmed they will be making a donation of $5 Million Dollars. The following day, Wintrust Bank confirmed a $1 Million Match gift. Which means we now have a 2 Million Dollar Match Gift on the table. WOWZERS!!!

With the summer kicking-off, we have jumpstarted some cool programming including Refuge Summer Camp for over 250 children ,everyday, for 10 weeks, Fresh Produce Drives to promote healthy eating, and our summer construction trades cohorts for the community.

Thanks for your support and please remember every dollar you give from June 15th until September 15th, 2022 will be matched up to $2 Million. Please give and see your gift double.

Best Regards,

Pastor Brooks

cell- 312-813-5211

He needs to use that money to open retail businesses that create jobs.

He had a vision and he is making it happen. He is bringing a job training/community center to South Chicago. And you show up to criticize him, why am I not surprised.
I'm talking about him using the money to meet a more critical community need. That youth center gets built and those kids will still be looking to make money. So then that center becomes a drug dealing zone. Open up a business employing youth and teach them the skills they need to become employable adults.

And Mike have you started that Serenity Broughton Fund yet?
1656126038612.png

Of course you have to criticize him, he is focused on the problems you ignore. He is your worst nightmare, a Black man who puts a spotlight on Fatherless homes, drug gangs, and hopelessness of young Black men. If you supported him like I do you would get his emails. But of course you don't..

Of course you have to criticize him, he is focused on the problems you ignore. He is your worst nightmare, a Black man who puts a spotlight on Fatherless homes, drug gangs, and hopelessness of young Black men. If you supported him like I do you would get his emails. But of course you don't..
Apparently, I'm not ignoring anything to suggest that he use the money to create REAL alternatives to selling drugs.

So when are you going to start that Serenity Broughton Fund?

He needs to use that money to open retail businesses that create jobs.
Why? What’s more important a young persons development as a constructive citizen that understands teamwork and accountability or a retail business that will be vandalized and burnt to the ground because some junkie dies resisting arrest? Jobs? I thought jobs only came from the efforts of the government sector?

Apparently, I'm not ignoring anything to suggest that he use the money to create REAL alternatives to selling drugs.

You've been critical of Pastor Brooks before, you can't hide from your record with your weak attempts at deflection. Pastor Brooks is a good man doing the impossible. You should support him. Good night IM2!

Why? What’s more important a young persons development as a constructive citizen that understands teamwork and accountability or a retail business that will be vandalized and burnt to the ground because some junkie dies resisting arrest? Jobs? I thought jobs only came from the efforts of the government sector?
That retail business won't be burned to the ground and that retail job takes that kid off the streets, teaches them employable skills, gives them work experience and a paycheck. You see, I'm black and I know what the black community needs better than you.

The riots that have occurred have been due to miscarriages of justice. Unlike whites who burnt up a town because they ran out of pumpkins or tore up a federal building over imaginary voter fraud.

You've been critical of Pastor Brooks before, you can't hide from your record with your weak attempts at deflection. Pastor Brooks is a good man doing the impossible. You should support him. Good night IM2!
Yep, I sure have and I will continue to say that he needs to use that money to open a business that will provide jobs.

That retail business won't be burned to the ground and that retail job takes that kid off the streets, teaches them employable skills, gives them work experience and a paycheck. You see, I'm black and I know what the black community needs better than you.

The riots that have occurred have been due to miscarriages of justice. Unlike whites who burnt up a town because they ran out of pumpkins or tore up a federal building over imaginary voter fraud.
Take the kid off the streets to work in your retail outlet that won’t be burned down or taxed and regulated out if business? Really? Where the hell do you live Disney land?

Take the kid off the streets to work in your retail outlet that won’t be burned down or taxed and regulated out if business? Really? Where the hell do you live Disney land?
I live in America and your racist assertion does not apply. Neither does your idiocy about taxes.

Yep, I sure have and I will continue to say that he needs to use that money to open a business that will provide jobs.

ProjectHood.org. Do something useful for a change and support Pastor Brooks and his incredible efforts to bring a job training and community center for Black youth at risk.

ProjectHood.org. Do something useful for a change and support Pastor Brooks and his incredible efforts to bring a job training and community center for Black youth at risk.
Tell Pastor Brooks to open a supermarket in the hood. That will provide all the job training needed.

So have you started the Serenity Broughton Fund yet?

Tell Pastor Brooks to open a supermarket in the hood. That will provide all the job training needed.

So have you started the Serenity Broughton Fund yet?
I'm just giving you an opportunity to do something useful for a change. Remember that's ProjectHood.org. I am very happy I've gotten you to think about Serenity Broughton so much! :)Bringing awareness to the terrible deaths of kids like Serenity, D'avry Thomas, Darius Lee and the many others is my goal with the "Black Deaths Matter" thread :113:

I'm just giving you an opportunity to do something useful for a change. Remember that's ProjectHood.org. I am very happy I've gotten you to think about Serenity Broughton so much! :)Bringing awareness to the terrible deaths of kids like Serenity, D'avry Thomas, Darius Lee and the many others is my goal with the "Black Deaths Matter" thread :113:
Shut up and start the Serenity Broughton fund. Make it a scholarship fund for her surviving siblings college education. I do my part and Pastor Brooks would do better for the community to open up a supermarket where he can hire people and provide quality, nutritious food for people who more than likely live in a food desert. You haven't done a damn thing but post the deaths of black kids online in order to talk racist bullshit. This is one of the organizations I helped build.

1656197620974.png

1656197718052.png

We started this 30 years ago. I helped build it and moved on. I started working in the black community in my hometown in 1983. That's how long I've been doing this stuff white ---. You have not made me see anything. You have listened to other racists and sellouts then paint all blacks with a brush. I'm telling you what Brooks can do that will reduce or eliminate the problems you talk about. Job training doesn't do a damn thing if there are no jobs available in the community. A supermarket open 24-7 would provide 3 shifts of employees all getting trained to do work.

You aren't bringing awareness to anything, you are race baiting using the deaths of black children.

Last edited:
Shut up and start the Serenity Broughton fund. Make it a scholarship fund for her surviving siblings college education. I do my part and Pastor Brooks would do better for the community to open up a supermarket where he can hire people and provide quality, nutritious food for people who more than likely live in a food desert. You haven't done a damn thing but post the deaths of black kids online in order to talk racist bullshit. This is one of the organizations I helped build.

View attachment 662295
View attachment 662296
We started this 30 years ago. I helped build it and moved on. I started working in the black community in my hometown in 1983. That's how long I've been doing this stuff white ---. You have not made me see anything. You have listened to other racists and sellouts then paint all blacks with a brush. I'm telling you what Brooks can do that will reduce or eliminate the problems you talk about. Job training doesn't do a damn thing if there are no jobs available in the community. A supermarket open 24-7 would provide 3 shifts of employees all getting trained to do work.

You aren't bringing awareness to anything, you are race baiting using the deaths of black children.
Oh my I have really gotten Serenity into your little noggin! I'm am very happy. That is my goal to raise awareness after all. :) You seem to be so obsessed with the Serenity Broughton fund (which is a great idea) I think you should make that happen! Why let a White Racist like me have all the fun IM2? This is your chance to really do something positive instead of supporting worthless Race baiters like Al Sharpton and stalking me on a message board. :113:

Oh my I have really gotten Serenity into your little noggin! I'm am very happy. That is my goal to raise awareness after all. :) You seem to be so obsessed with the Serenity Broughton fund (which is a great idea) I think you should make that happen! Why let a White Racist like me have all the fun IM2? This is your chance to really do something positive instead of supporting worthless Race baiters like Al Sharpton and stalking me on a message board. :113:

Start a fund for Serenity Broughton. You're the one saying how much you care and what kind of attention you're bringing. But all you're actually doing is posting your racist opinion about blacks. So start the funnd. Make it an endowment that psys for her sblings college education.

But you won't do that because this is not about brining attention to anything but the chance of some white racists to bellow about black people. You are sad and the people who all this thread to stay open are just as sad.

Start a fund for Serenity Broughton. You're the one saying how much you care and what kind of attention you're bringing. But all you're actually doing is posting your racist opinion about blacks. So start the funnd. Make it an endowment that psys for her sblings college education.

But you won't do that because this is not about brining attention to anything but the chance of some white racists to bellow about black people. You are sad and the people who all this thread to stay open are just as sad.
This is why Pastor Brooks is doing what he is doing. Last night a 5 MONTH OLD BABY shot in the head and killed in ANOTHER drive by shooting. It won't stop until the cycle is broken. Haters like you just don't get it.

Forum List

Back