Party Rules to Streamline Race May Backfire for G.O.P.

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
The main theme to this piece is that Establishment Leaders fear that The Donald can capture 1/3 of delegates long before the convention. They also say that Gov Romney lost because he ran low on money after a prolonged and divisive primary season. They didn't want that to happen again – but it doesn't seem to be the case. Their pick, Jeb Bush, does not seem to have the $$$$ staying power they were hoping for.

Read the full story @ http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/20/us/new-party-rules-fail-to-speed-up-republican-race.html?_r=0

Trump will drop out, Jeb will not be President. Just like Mitt will never be President nor was Newt ever relevant past having a really loud mouth.

What?? This makes it easier for Trump to win?

giphy.gif

Whats strange to me about Trump is he actually seems to not be a very intelligent person. When he feels challenged he brings up his money and history of "making deals.." Oddly I can't think of a situation where I'd want to find myself dependent on Trump. The ability to make more money when you have inherited insane amounts of money is really not that hard...

'And they said they were increasingly convinced that Donald J. Trump could exploit openings created by the party’s revised rules to capture the nomination or, short of that, to amass enough delegates to be a power broker at the convention.

“You’ve got a set of unintended consequences that weren’t planned for,” said Richard F. Hohlt, a Republican donor and Washington lobbyist. “So it’s going to be harder for a candidate to get to the magic number, which could open up the process to a convention situation.”

Democrats will very likely have a presumptive nominee by early April of next year, perhaps sooner.

It seems Trump is intent on ruining the GOP's chances in the GE, whether he's a third party candidate or not.

The main theme to this piece is that Establishment Leaders fear that The Donald can capture 1/3 of delegates long before the convention. They also say that Gov Romney lost because he ran low on money after a prolonged and divisive primary season. They didn't want that to happen again – but it doesn't seem to be the case. Their pick, Jeb Bush, does not seem to have the $$$$ staying power they were hoping for.

Read the full story @ http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/20/us/new-party-rules-fail-to-speed-up-republican-race.html?_r=0
Romney lost to a frenzy feeding by the Liberal media. Plus, he was absolutely correct about the "47%". A comment that was surreptitiously recorded, leaked to said Liberal media, and plastered across the world.

Americans were quite comfy on their couches the previous four years under Obama. And they weren't about to leave them to go out and get a job. :slap:

Romney lost to a frenzy feeding by the Liberal media. Plus, he was absolutely correct about the "47%". A comment that was surreptitiously recorded, leaked to said Liberal media, and plastered across the world.

Americans were quite comfy on their couches the previous four years under Obama. And they weren't about to leave them to go out and get a job. :slap:

Warped sense of reality. I imagine that you never quite reach a state of calm.

Forum List

Back