Partishanship.... why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it funny how history repeats itself wry? Bush was under fire even before the election in 2000 was decided by the courts. Some of the criticizms were legitimate and others were emotional and not legit.

Its like political Karma I tell you....or schoolyard rules (you hit me first so i'm gonna hit you back mentality)

Yeah, but the "tit-for-tat" mentality is really all that motivates most people to pay attention.

If it wasn't entertaining, no one would care.

No wonder there is so much money in talk radio.

Yep people are stupit sheeple eager to be led.

Speaking of talk radio....do you find it weird that there are very few liberal hosts on the radio? Its like Television has almost all liberal news channells and programs (except for fox news).

Maybe liberals like TV more and conservatives just like to listen.

Sorry for my little rant, you just got me thinking :)

Not really. The AM band was all but dead until talk radio resurrected it. Thus, the AM band has become a venue for people who lean right and it's been a process that has taken at least a decade.

It would be flawed to look at talk radio and say it was an indication of how the country believed. Kind of like looking at mortality rates by state and concluding that Florida is the most dangerous state in the nation.

At any rate, I think the only thing it proves is that people like to flock to a venue where their ideals aren't challenged.

As Steinbeck said:

"No one wants advice, only corroboration".

No! it is actual truth. Just go back and read. You will find it if you want to find it. It was exactly that way.

Sure it is, Willow.

You are so lost on this matter that it's pointless to point out where and why.

Suffice to say, your opinion does not equate to absolute truth.

Very few things said in the political realm equate to absolute truth.

That's why political science is a "soft science".

I gave you exact quotes of what has been said on this board. Believe it or not, Makes not a shit's bit of difference to me.

No doubt you could. The random opinion of a few people here and there does not equate to a zeitgeist.

Like I said, it's pointless to try and explain this to you.

republican talk radio is subsidized by corporate america because it does their bidding

Speaking of talk radio....do you find it weird that there are very few liberal hosts on the radio? Its like Television has almost all liberal news channells and programs (except for fox news).

Not really. The AM band was all but dead until talk radio resurrected it. Thus, the AM band has become a venue for people who lean right and it's been a process that has taken at least a decade.

It would be flawed to look at talk radio and say it was an indication of how the country believed. Kind of like looking at mortality rates by state and concluding that Florida is the most dangerous state in the nation.

At any rate, I think the only thing it proves is that people like to flock to a venue where their ideals aren't challenged.

As Steinbeck said:

I never said talk radio was an indication of the country's beliefs.

I was just saying its weird that almost all talk radio news is conservative in its bias while almost all television news is liberal in its bias.

Thats all, I wasn't getting as deep into it as you are ;).

1 - There is no conclusive scientific evidence supporting the AGW faith. The truth, if it matters, is that AGW is an unproven hypothesis.

2 - The vast majority of economists in this country have been repeating the same neo-keyensian diatribe for a long time and they keep getting the same results. Laws that forced banks to loan to uncreditworthy people, along with the Keyensian hackery at the fed are exampls of overregulation while the repackaging of mortgages and the clusterfuck in the stock market are examples of under-regulation/lack of enforcement.

You cling to the narrow and simplistic views fed to you by partisan outlets, when the reality is much more complicated.

Isn't it funny how history repeats itself wry? Bush was under fire even before the election in 2000 was decided by the courts. Some of the criticizms were legitimate and others were emotional and not legit.

Its like political Karma I tell you....or schoolyard rules (you hit me first so i'm gonna hit you back mentality)

Yeah, but the "tit-for-tat" mentality is really all that motivates most people to pay attention.

If it wasn't entertaining, no one would care.

No wonder there is so much money in talk radio.

translations, dems should be allowed to be as nasty as they choose but Republicans are expected to remain civil.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No. Not even close.

But you are free to ride the political merry-go-round the rest of your life if you want.

The greatest measure of the zeitgeist is the ballot box.

This is a bit of an off the wall reply, but then again so many are anyway. It may be that the feeling of being right is a positive evolutionary development. Ever watch chimpanzees fighting for the right to procreate, they go as far as killing the foe. Humans do the same in debate, they must feel right or they would be depressed or crazy. The dopamine in the brain rewards them, and the 'right' chimpanzee procreates, cause damn I'm right, and you'd better have me woman. And thus we progress but then there is that oddity the Bonobo! Another cousin.

Imagine if the paranoid that lingers on the outskirts of thought came to dominate. How would we move from here to there or try this adventure. Surely natural selection would value behaviors that pushed us. But in seriousness people do not think, they feel, and that is why ideas of one person can seem so odd to another. Their patterns of thought are feelings printed in the brain, and do not match the other. By the way I am always right and it ain't just a feeling.

Last edited:

As Steinbeck said:

I never said talk radio was an indication of the country's beliefs.

I was just saying its weird that almost all talk radio news is conservative in its bias while almost all television news is liberal in its bias.

Thats all, I wasn't getting as deep into it as you are ;).

Oh. Well, I do believe that is the answer. Say what you want about Limbaugh, but AM radio was all but dead before the man stepped on the stage.

On a similar vein, ever wonder why there are few FM political talk radio shows?

☭proletarian☭;1836916 said:
The greatest measure of the zeitgeist is the ballot box.

Which is fine in my mind as long as the voting system is a true reflection of the voting public.

Bush was elected under a fucked up system.

republican talk radio is subsidized by corporate america because it does their bidding

Seriously....ALL NEWS is paid for by ADVERTISMENTS (corporate america)

Geeze you expose your partisanship regularly.

And the reason liberal radio cant catch a break is the corporate line is attacked by them.

I disagree with that.

They can't catch a break, because that is not where their audience is located.

And the reason liberal radio cant catch a break is the corporate line is attacked by them.

I disagree with that.

The audence doesnt pay their bills , the coreporate sponsers do.

Why would the corps pay to build a consenses against their power?

I would counter your claim with one of my own. For some reason liberal minded peole don't like to listen to the radio as much as their conservative minded countrymen....this leads to low listenership of their talkradio shows which leads to advertisers not seeing them as a good place to invest their advertising dollars.

Its all about the $$$

Its the lies that they have to digest to pretend to themselves their ideas are working.

If we could just get them to accept facts they would have to abandon much of what they claim to believe.

I disagree with that.

The audence doesnt pay their bills , the coreporate sponsers do.

Why would the corps pay to build a consenses against their power?

And the audience buys what the corporate sponsors advertise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back