Partishanship.... why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
&

☭proletarian☭

What does the whole
'fuck you leftist liberal democrat'
NO, fuck YOU, republican neocon

thing achieve? Seriously, I see no shortage of partisan bickering, but there's a serious dearth of meaningful discussion about the policies themselves or underlying principles. Does the phrase 'useful idiots' mean anything to you?

☭proletarian☭;1836430 said:
What does the whole

thing achieve? Seriously, I see no shortage of partisan bickering, but there's a serious dearth of meaningful discussion about the policies themselves or underlying principles. Does the phrase 'useful idiots' mean anything to you?

Hey buddy--you are on the wrong website if you are looking for serious and meaningful discussions on policies and principles.

It's all about the "my (fill in the blank) is better than your (fill in the blank)".

To too many, rational thought takes a back seat to emotions.

It is, of course, much easier to shout, abuse, and howl than to attempt to relate, to explain.

Lenin, April Theses (1917)

Useful idiots, indeed. Thus the paramount importance of the constant instruction of critical thought starting at an early age.

Give me four years to teach the children and the seed I have sown will never be uprooted.

Vladimir Lenin

Pack mentality and the undeniably true fact that "I cannot be wrong"

:D

Religious types are worst at this because of their need to feel persecuted.

I just felt like "part of the pack" since RGS called me a retard yesterday. It's like a badge of honor around here or something.

*sniff*

But yeah, it's pretty hysterical reading some of these people's posts, when all else fails, talk like a 13 year old at recess.

I just felt like "part of the pack" since RGS called me a retard yesterday. It's like a badge of honor around here or something.

*sniff*

But yeah, it's pretty hysterical reading some of these people's posts, when all else fails, talk like a 13 year old at recess.

How many are actually 13 yr olds?

☭proletarian☭;1836430 said:
What does the whole

I take the whole "let's elevate the level of debate" line seriously when it's made by someone that makes a habit out of trying to make intelligent posts and not spend a bulk of their time insulting posters.

I just wish facts would be accepted as some starting point.

You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

The right refuses facts.

*sniff*

Echo Zulu, you'll always be a "hero" in my eyes... Now, quit sniffling and flame somebody!

Well, that rules you out, then, gth

Interesting thread, I had a thread once called " Team Mentality" where I discussed something like this. In short the issue here and is on display in Washington on a daily basis is a team mentality that people will cast aside even their own belief structure in order to appear supportive of the team. I had an interesting debate on this issue as well, when I happened to mention that the term United States Senator from (fill in state name) does noe indicate anywhere what party that person belongs too and the same can be said for House members. Having said that, you notice the only place you ever see (R) or (D) or anything that might show what team they happen to belong to is more or less not a matter of constitutional value but is an institutional one. So all this animosity that and talk about what your party is and what my party is only means something if we the actual employers of those that represent us let it. That is the problem we face, when those we elect ignore the people that elect them for whatever reason, and then people blindly follow them. While not picking on the Democrats, let me cite you just one small example from both parties, on the Democrats side their own party plank called for a Public Option in a healthcare plan , we all saw how fast that got tossed aside in the name of the "Team". On the other side, for years my party had represented itself as the small Govt. party , one in which we expressed a desire that Govt. should only perform those tasks outlined in the consitution and be fiscially responsible. We all have seen the results of that policy on both sides of the Isle. In my opinion people generally desire the same things in life, happiness, safety, wealth, etc, so really the only things we generally disagree on is how to get there. If that is the case, then in doing so, sometimes it may take just more than one idea to achieve those.

Interesting thread, I had a thread once called " Team Mentality" where I discussed something like this. In short the issue here and is on display in Washington on a daily basis is a team mentality that people will cast aside even their own belief structure in order to appear supportive of the team. I had an interesting debate on this issue as well, when I happened to mention that the term United States Senator from (fill in state name) does noe indicate anywhere what party that person belongs too and the same can be said for House members. Having said that, you notice the only place you ever see (R) or (D) or anything that might show what team they happen to belong to is more or less not a matter of constitutional value but is an institutional one. So all this animosity that and talk about what your party is and what my party is only means something if we the actual employers of those that represent us let it. That is the problem we face, when those we elect ignore the people that elect them for whatever reason, and then people blindly follow them. While not picking on the Democrats, let me cite you just one small example from both parties, on the Democrats side their own party plank called for a Public Option in a healthcare plan , we all saw how fast that got tossed aside in the name of the "Team". On the other side, for years my party had represented itself as the small Govt. party , one in which we expressed a desire that Govt. should only perform those tasks outlined in the consitution and be fiscially responsible. We all have seen the results of that policy on both sides of the Isle. In my opinion people generally desire the same things in life, happiness, safety, wealth, etc, so really the only things we generally disagree on is how to get there. If that is the case, then in doing so, sometimes it may take just more than one idea to achieve those.

good post, but a slight flaw in your smaller govt aspect. You guys (as in republicans) did elect Bush twice.

Is Obama a legal citizen?

is Obama a Muslim?

Does the the health care bill have deathpanels in it?

Did we Find WMD s in Iraq?

Did the Iraq war keep Americans safe?

Is global warming real?

Did Barney Franks cause the economic downfall?

Did the GBL act help the US?

There are facts that the right just flat out refusses to accept.

Is Obama a legal citizen?

is Obama a Muslim?

Does the the health care bill have deathpanels in it?

Did we Find WMD s in Iraq?

Did the Iraq war keep Americans safe?

Is global warming real?

Did Barney Franks cause the economic downfall?

Did the GBL act help the US?

There are facts that the right just flat out refusses to accept.

Those aren't facts, you idiot. They're (really stupid) questions.

Now get the fuck out of my thread, you moronic partisan twit.

good post, but a slight flaw in your smaller govt aspect. You guys (as in republicans) did elect Bush twice.

Thus the reason why, I meantioned the small Govt. issue in the first place, and your correct President Bush was elected to office twice as was President Clinton.

If you stop refusing facts you would be amazed at the progress that could be made in eliminating partisanship.

When you lap up the lies created by the corporate influence on our system you make partisanship inescapable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back