Partishanship.... why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the election the Republicans on this board have received the following messages.

You are white, you don't count

You are old you don't count

Republicans are white southern racists.

We don't need you

Sit down and let the grownups take over

Sit down and shut the fuck up

We won the election.

Elections have consequences.

Why should we listen to you

We blame boooooooooooooooosh

Now,, what part of that should encourage us to work with Democrats? Pray tell.

Thanks for "elevating the debate".

why debate if the truth can't be spoken.. that's a part of sit down and shut the fuck up right/

Since the election the Republicans on this board have received the following messages.

You are white, you don't count

You are old you don't count

Republicans are white southern racists.

We don't need you

Sit down and let the grownups take over

Sit down and shut the fuck up

We won the election.

Elections have consequences.

Why should we listen to you

We blame boooooooooooooooosh

Now,, what part of that should encourage us to work with Democrats? Pray tell.

Thanks for "elevating the debate".

why debate if the truth can't be spoken.. that's a part of sit down and shut the fuck up right/

"Truth"?

No.

"Truth as you perceive it."

Yes.

Look back at the first year of Obama's presidency. He has been under constant attack from the right from day one (day one being the day he was nominated to run as the Democratic candidate). Some attacks were substantive and motivated by real political differences. Others, many others, were based not on ideas or objectives or policy but on the fact that the president is not white, lived abroad as a child and has familial ties to Islam.
Most of the 'other' (non-essential) attacks are emotional, fear and/or hate based, and irrational, but real. And sadly, these real emotions are used by the right, nurtured and validated by right leaning politicians, solely for their own ends. By hoping that Obama fails they prove that one of the basic tenets of the new conservative movement is the ends justifies the means.
How sick that the once Grand Old Party must hope that America fails - that Americans suffer - because of their angst in losing a couple of elections as well as their lust for power.

This is a message board focused on politics and political issues. It is not meant to be nice, for politics is not a game for the weak at heart (weak minds do seem to thrive, especially when emotions prevail and rational thought is surpressed by the calling of names - libtard anyone?).

Last edited:
Now, Willow, be honest. Change 'boooooooooooooooosh' to 'Teh Liberuls' and 'White' to 'poor', and we've heard the same nonsense coming from an awful lot of people in your corner this whole time, as well.

Look back at the first year of Obama's presidency. He has been under constant attack from the right from day one (day one being the day he was nominated to run as the Democratic candidate). Some attacks were substantive and motivated by real political differences. Others, many others, were based not on ideas or objectives or policy but on the fact that the president is not white, lived abroad as a child and has familial ties to Islam.
Most of the 'other' (non-essential) attacks are emotional, fear and/or hate based, and irrational, but real. And sadly, these real emotions are used by the right, nurtured and validated by right leaning politicians, solely for their own ends. By hoping that Obama fails they prove that one of the basic tenets of the new conservative movement is the ends justifies the means.
How sick that the once Grand Old Party must hope that America fails - that Americans suffer - because of their angst in losing a couple of elections as well as their lust for power.

This is a message board focused on politics and political issues. It is not meant to be nice, for politics in not a game for the weak at heart (weak minds do seem to thrive, especially when emotions prevail and rational thought is surpressed by the calling of names - libtard anyone?).

Isn't it funny how history repeats itself wry? Bush was under fire even before the election in 2000 was decided by the courts. Some of the criticizms were legitimate and others were emotional and not legit.

Its like political Karma I tell you....or schoolyard rules (you hit me first so i'm gonna hit you back mentality)

Is Obama a legal citizen? Yes

is Obama a Muslim? No hes a christian because he has told you so. Every other human you know is allowed to tell you what religion they are. Why is it different for Obama as far as the right is conrened?

Does the the health care bill have deathpanels in it? No it does not , there is no panel who which swill call for the death of anyone in the bill.

Did we Find WMD s in Iraq? Nope

Did the Iraq war keep Americans safe? Nope it made us less safe and that has been confirmed by studies.

Is global warming real? Yes , man contributes to it and that can not be denied.

Did Barney Franks cause the economic downfall? Nope , it was the lack of regulation that created this problem and the vast majority of economic experts agree.

Did the GBL act help the US? Gramm Leach Bliley act of 1999 was the legislation that deregulated the banking and lending industry. It is labeled as the cause of this meltdown by the vast majority of economic experts.

There are so many more that the right jsut refuse to accept making them incapable of helping us fix the real problems this country faces.

Dont ever expect to fix anything while living a a diet of lies.

bush-laden, oama is a muslim-- same thing

☭proletarian☭;1836834 said:
Now, Willow, be honest. Change 'boooooooooooooooosh' to 'Teh Liberuls' and 'White' to 'poor', and we've heard the same nonsense coming from an awful lot of people in your corner this whole time, as well.

well see there ya go. I asked the question "what part of that makes Republicans want to work with Democrats." and the answer I got was "Well your side did it too." so don't expect anything more than what you see. "It takes two to tango."

No! it is actual truth. Just go back and read. You will find it if you want to find it. It was exactly that way.

Sure it is, Willow.

You are so lost on this matter that it's pointless to point out where and why.

Suffice to say, your opinion does not equate to absolute truth.

Very few things said in the political realm equate to absolute truth.

That's why political science is a "soft science".

I think the tone of political discourse is paced by our elected representatives and by media outlets. Free speech means they are entitled to say what they want. I just wish voters and viewers would hold these opinion leaders responsible and vote/view/read/listen in a way that punishes it.

What happened to facts and truth? Faith =/= Fact

Did Barney Franks cause the economic downfall? Nope , it was the lack of regulation that created this problem and the vast majority of economic experts agree.

Both over- and under-regulation, in different parts of the market.

:eusa_whistle:

Is Obama a legal citizen? Yes

is Obama a Muslim? No hes a christian because he has told you so. Every other human you know is allowed to tell you what religion they are. Why is it different for Obama as far as the right is conrened?

Does the the health care bill have deathpanels in it? No it does not , there is no panel who which swill call for the death of anyone in the bill.

Did we Find WMD s in Iraq? Nope

Did the Iraq war keep Americans safe? Nope it made us less safe and that has been confirmed by studies.

Did the GBL act help the US? Gramm Leach Bliley act of 1999 was the legislation that deregulated the banking and lending industry. It is labeled as the cause of this meltdown by the vast majority of economic experts.

There are so many more that the right jsut refuse to accept making them incapable of helping us fix the real problems this country faces.

You do know the "death panels" are in the stimulus bill right? http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...l-not-the-health-care-bill-3.html#post1836818

Also how do you explain the temperatures being flat over the last 10 years while CO2 levels steadily rose?

You do know we had regulations on the books for the banking and lending industries that were not followed correct? Frank was partly responsible for looking The other way in relation to these regulations.

I have a few other "points of contention" but these 2 are the ones that ae glaring to me.

Last edited:
☭proletarian☭;1836430 said:
What does the whole
'fuck you leftist liberal democrat'
NO, fuck YOU, republican neocon

thing achieve? Seriously, I see no shortage of partisan bickering, but there's a serious dearth of meaningful discussion about the policies themselves or underlying principles. Does the phrase 'useful idiots' mean anything to you?
Everyone's a partisan for what they support. The instant you are called a compromiser or bi-partisan is when you have effectively surrendered your ideals for the partisan position of another.

Ohhh what was that quote I heard....

Essentially everyone has a price. The question is, will someone pay it?

Isn't it funny how history repeats itself wry? Bush was under fire even before the election in 2000 was decided by the courts. Some of the criticizms were legitimate and others were emotional and not legit.

Its like political Karma I tell you....or schoolyard rules (you hit me first so i'm gonna hit you back mentality)

Yeah, but the "tit-for-tat" mentality is really all that motivates most people to pay attention.

If it wasn't entertaining, no one would care.

No wonder there is so much money in talk radio.

Yeah, but the "tit-for-tat" mentality is really all that motivates most people to pay attention.

Speaking of talk radio....do you find it weird that there are very few liberal hosts on the radio? Its like Television has almost all liberal news channells and programs (except for fox news).

Maybe liberals like TV more and conservatives just like to listen.

Sorry for my little rant, you just got me thinking :)

No! it is actual truth. Just go back and read. You will find it if you want to find it. It was exactly that way.

Sure it is, Willow.

You are so lost on this matter that it's pointless to point out where and why.

Suffice to say, your opinion does not equate to absolute truth.

Very few things said in the political realm equate to absolute truth.

That's why political science is a "soft science".

I gave you exact quotes of what has been said on this board. Believe it or not, Makes not a shit's bit of difference to me.

translations, dems should be allowed to be as nasty as they choose but Republicans are expected to remain civil.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

☭proletarian☭;1836848 said:

What happened to facts and truth? Faith =/= FactMan releases GW gasses with his activities (cold hard fact) these gasses effect the atmosphere and warm the planet (cold hard fact) Now what some argue is its not enough to make a differance.

Both over- and under-regulation, in different parts of the market. The vast majority of economic experts have stated that they believe the GLB act caused this situation

:eusa_whistle:

Find me the lie you are concerned with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back