Partishanship.... why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
☭proletarian☭;1836710 said:
Is Obama a legal citizen?

is Obama a Muslim?

Does the the health care bill have deathpanels in it?

Did we Find WMD s in Iraq?

Did the Iraq war keep Americans safe?

Is global warming real?

Did Barney Franks cause the economic downfall?

Did the GBL act help the US?

There are facts that the right just flat out refusses to accept.

Those aren't facts, you idiot. They're (really stupid) questions.

Now get the fuck out of my thread, you moronic partisan twit.
Pro, I believe he was making a point. The questions all have only ONE CORRECT answer. The ones that answer them in FALSE, tend to be the ones who don't accept facts into their line of reasoning.

No need to be so belligerent, his point was not was not lost on me.

Last edited:
☭proletarian☭;1836710 said:
Is Obama a legal citizen?

is Obama a Muslim?

Does the the health care bill have deathpanels in it?

Did we Find WMD s in Iraq?

Did the Iraq war keep Americans safe?

Is global warming real?

Did Barney Franks cause the economic downfall?

Did the GBL act help the US?

Those aren't facts, you idiot. They're (really stupid) questions.

Now get the fuck out of my thread, you moronic partisan twit.

And thank you for proving my point.

Interesting thread, I had a thread once called " Team Mentality" where I discussed something like this. In short the issue here and is on display in Washington on a daily basis is a team mentality that people will cast aside even their own belief structure in order to appear supportive of the team. I had an interesting debate on this issue as well, when I happened to mention that the term United States Senator from (fill in state name) does noe indicate anywhere what party that person belongs too and the same can be said for House members. Having said that, you notice the only place you ever see (R) or (D) or anything that might show what team they happen to belong to is more or less not a matter of constitutional value but is an institutional one. So all this animosity that and talk about what your party is and what my party is only means something if we the actual employers of those that represent us let it. That is the problem we face, when those we elect ignore the people that elect them for whatever reason, and then people blindly follow them. While not picking on the Democrats, let me cite you just one small example from both parties, on the Democrats side their own party plank called for a Public Option in a healthcare plan , we all saw how fast that got tossed aside in the name of the "Team". On the other side, for years my party had represented itself as the small Govt. party , one in which we expressed a desire that Govt. should only perform those tasks outlined in the consitution and be fiscially responsible. We all have seen the results of that policy on both sides of the Isle. In my opinion people generally desire the same things in life, happiness, safety, wealth, etc, so really the only things we generally disagree on is how to get there. If that is the case, then in doing so, sometimes it may take just more than one idea to achieve those.

good post, but a slight flaw in your smaller govt aspect. You guys (as in republicans) did elect Bush twice.

Thus the reason why, I meantioned the small Govt. issue in the first place, and your correct President Bush was elected to office twice as was President Clinton.

Clinton had a better record on smaller govt than Bush did. So I am not sure why you threw him in that.

There is never going to be anything but partisanship as long as some people insist on NOT accpeting facts that prove their ideas are flawed.

☭proletarian☭;1836430 said:
What does the whole
'fuck you leftist liberal democrat'
NO, fuck YOU, republican neocon
thing achieve? Seriously, I see no shortage of partisan bickering, but there's a serious dearth of meaningful discussion about the policies themselves or underlying principles. Does the phrase 'useful idiots' mean anything to you?

MarcATL (sig) said:
[
000-1116091352-Fox-sheep.jpg
:eusa_whistle:

There is never going to be anything but partisanship as long as some people insist on NOT accpeting facts that prove their ideas are flawed.
So you admit you're the problem?

What does the whole

thing achieve? Seriously, I see no shortage of partisan bickering, but there's a serious dearth of meaningful discussion about the policies themselves or underlying principles. Does the phrase 'useful idiots' mean anything to you?

Useful Idiots indeed.

Those descriptors do serve a purpose...they are a way to get out of an argument usually started by someone parroting talking points from the right or the left that they really didn't think about.

For Example:

Climategate means that the climate hasn't changed and global warming is a total hoax.

Then someone says "but the climate has changed, who knows if it was man or not since CO2 levels have risen steadily while temps have remained flat, but still the climate is changing"

Response: Shut the fuck up you "Insert party Here" hack.

:)

Dear Pro,

Does your highlighting of my siggy image somehow suggest that you believe that FOXNews is a bastion of truth and solid, factual, well-researched and non-biased information?

Sincerely,
Marc

Obama is a legal citizen and that fact has been established beyond any doubt.

Yet there are those who insist he is not.

Go get me the list of politicians and political commentators who refuse to accept that as fact.

How do you get anything done with half of the country insisting lies are better than truth?

good post, but a slight flaw in your smaller govt aspect. You guys (as in republicans) did elect Bush twice.

Thus the reason why, I meantioned the small Govt. issue in the first place, and your correct President Bush was elected to office twice as was President Clinton.

Clinton had a better record on smaller govt than Bush did. So I am not sure why you threw him in that.

He did actually, I threw him in there to indicate that he was elected twice as was Bush. However, let me say this, both Presidents share one thing in common, and that is that they are not islands and their accomplishments or failures were the results of the actions of many people both Republican and Democrat.

Is Obama a legal citizen?....
He seems to be.

.... is Obama a Muslim? ....
I don't care.

.... Does the the health care bill have deathpanels in it? ....
I don't know what a 'deathpanel' is, but there is much in the bill about which one should be deeply concerned.

.... Did we Find WMD s in Iraq? ....
Yes.

.... Did the Iraq war keep Americans safe? ....
Hard to say definitively. Did you feel unsafe?

.... Is global warming real? ....
Relatively, sure. Is AGW real? The state of the science doesn't allow for a definitive conclusion one way or the other.

.... Did Barney Franks cause the economic downfall? ....
Partly, yes.

.... Did the GBL act help the US? ....
GLB act, you mean? I can't say for sure.

.... There are facts that the right just flat out refusses to accept.
They looked more like questions to me, but if you mean the questions have definitive answers in your mind, then I guess they would seem like facts.

Now, who is the partisan in this picture? I am on the right, yet you have tried to stereotype my ideas.

You are funny, though. It's that accidental irony that you keep delivering.

1. Is Obama a legal citizen?
  2. is Obama a Muslim?
  3. Does the the health care bill have deathpanels in it?
  4. Did we Find WMD s in Iraq?
  5. Did the Iraq war keep Americans safe?
  6. Is global warming real?
  7. Did Barney Franks cause the economic downfall?
  8. Did the GBL act help the US?

1. Yes
  2. Not sure but I think he is christian
  3. No, The stimulus bill has the health benefits advisory councils in it which are also known as death panels http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...l-not-the-health-care-bill-3.html#post1836818
  4. Not exactly. If you want to stretch things you can say we did but I say no.
  5. Can't Say for certain either way yet.
  6. Climate Change is real man made global warming is a scam
  7. It wasn't Barney Frank alone but he played a role in the mortgage collapses. He was responsible for the oversight that was not done on fannie/freddy and equal housing loans.
  8. What is the GBL?

So who is being more honest the questioner or the answerer?

Last edited:
Bush was not elected twice.

Bush was given the election by the supreme court in 2000.

The felons list in florida alone was fraud designed to knock perfectly legal voters off the voting roles. It worked and thousands of legal democratic leaning voters had their right to vote stripped from them illegally.

these are proven facts.

He did actually, I threw him in there to indicate that he was elected twice as was Bush. However, let me say this, both Presidents share one thing in common, and that is that they are not islands and their accomplishments or failures were the results of the actions of many people both Republican and Democrat.

Yep they did get voted in. And in the case of Bush quite a few dems had to vote for him for him to be elected.
I am pretty non partisan. I distrust and despise pretty much all politicians.
In any case I never have been a pack creature.
Just not in my makeup.

No mascara jokes please ;)

What does the whole

Since the election the Republicans on this board have received the following messages.

You are white, you don't count

You are old you don't count

Republicans are white southern racists.
We don't need you

Sit down and let the grownups take over

Sit down and shut the fuck up

We won the election.

Elections have consequences.

Why should we listen to you

We blame boooooooooooooooosh

Hate mongerers,
Fear mongerers
teabaggers
Irrelevant

Now,, what part of that should encourage us to work with Democrats? Pray tell.

Last edited:
Since the election the Republicans on this board have received the following messages.

We don't need you

We won the election.

Thanks for "elevating the debate".

☭proletarian☭;1836772 said:
So you admit you're the problem?

I dont support what I support because its under the D name , I support what I support because its based on truth and makes sense.

What does the whole

We don't need you

We won the election.

That is no change from before the election is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back