Partisan Senate report says Bin Laden was "within our grasp."

I find it moderately amusing that so many who haven't a clue as to the topography of the Tora Bora area, think it was so easy to just move in a few thousand troops and cut off any chance of a dozen guys on foot or horse back who knew ever little rock and shrub in the area, from sneaking out of that area. Hell they could have moved one mile to a different cave and we never would have found them.

We are talking about some of the most treacherous terrain in the entire world. Just try even using Google Earth and really look at the area.

You should see Gomel, Afghanistan. Not even the Taliban will go there.

It looks like the moon.

I find it moderately amusing that so many who haven't a clue as to the topography of the Tora Bora area, think it was so easy to just move in a few thousand troops and cut off any chance of a dozen guys on foot or horse back who knew ever little rock and shrub in the area, from sneaking out of that area. Hell they could have moved one mile to a different cave and we never would have found them.

We are talking about some of the most treacherous terrain in the entire world. Just try even using Google Earth and really look at the area.

It looks like the moon.

I can believe it, That's some rough country.

It looks like the moon.

It's wicked. By comparison, it makes the rest of Afghanistan look like a PGA golf course. I don't have any pictures that do it justice. There is a single base down there with a "lonely hearts club band" group of NG soldiers that sit down there and do God knows what. There are rarely any attacks. As I said, not even the Taliban goes there.

It's got a 90 ft landing strip on the base. For what? I'll let you speculate. I wouldn't even mention that except it's open sourced here:

Factsheets : 437th Airlift Wing

It looks like the moon.

It's wicked. By comparison, it makes the rest of Afghanistan look like a PGA golf course. I don't have any pictures that do it justice. There is a single base down there with a "lonely hearts club band" group of NG soldiers that sit down there and do God knows what. There are rarely any attacks. As I said, not even the Taliban goes there.

It's got a 90 ft landing strip on the base. For what? I'll let you speculate. I wouldn't even mention that except it's open sourced here:

90 ft wide strip, that makes for some really tight landings. I don't want to know any more. But kudos to those pilots.

90 ft wide strip, that makes for some really tight landings. I don't want to know any more. But kudos to those pilots.

I've got a really funny video of one of those short take off/landing planes trying to land on our LZ, realizing he couldn't make it, and pulling up only to miss the Hescos by about three feet. It was only funny because it was a near miss.

There was nothing top secret about it, he was trying to get us our mail in the winter when the birds couldn't fly.

OK.

What is Kerry and his merry band of Libtards trying to distract us from this week?
Senate report: Bin Laden was 'within grasp' - Afghanistan- msnbc.com

This is timed to be released with Obama's new grand plan that he pondered for weeks (suposely). This is to say that Bush failed but Obama rocked and its really a page from the same political strategy that they have used during the past eight years.

Can anyone else see that he is just using this to get ahead politically? Its probably the reason why he delayed the sannouncement of his new strategy. Its so he can time it right with this report and it will make him look like the great rescuer of American foreign policy. Obama is dicktard for doing that to because how many people died so he can execute his political strategy?
it's certainly obvious that paranoid, fearful cons can convince themselves of that tripe.

Obama strategy:

1. Drive the Taliban from Afghanistan. I assume this is by military force and not giving them speeches or bowing at a public ceremony.
2. Troop surge. Hey, kudos, no one has thought of that one before.
3. Stabilize the government. That would be the one that anyone outside Kabul doesn't listen too? Then there was the lovely vote during Obama's watch.

Osama at Tora Bora? Gee, sounds like the Democrats had better intel than the military:

DefenseLINK News: Rumsfeld Dismisses Tora Bora Speculation

"Rumsfeld said he has seen "repeated speculation" about bin Laden's whereabouts, but nothing verifiable. "Had it been verifiable, one would have thought someone would have done something about it," he said.

News articles have criticized U.S. Central Command chief Army Gen. Tommy Franks for not acting on intelligence information and placing more American troops into the battle at Tora Bora. Anonymous sources in these articles maintain that U.S. reliance on friendly Afghans allowed bin Laden to escape."

Dropping 1,000s of troops into the mountains of Afghanistan in December is not a guaranteed win people. How does Osama continue to evade? Support of local peoples. Same as in 2001. The report written by Democrats in the Senate. also states, "Removing the al-Qaida leader from the battlefield eight years ago would not have eliminated the worldwide extremist threat," the report says. "But the decisions that opened the door for his escape to Pakistan allowed bin Laden to emerge as a potent symbolic figure who continues to attract a steady flow of money and inspire fanatics worldwide."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/politics/sns-ap-us-tora-bora-bin-laden,0,7921108.story

Would it have ended the Taliban influence in Afghanistan? Doubtful.

We had him trapped in Tora Bora and held back.

Oh....you were there were you...please tell us your war stories tough guy....

Not me..but

Senate Report: Bin Laden Was 'Within Our Grasp' - ABC News

"But the decisions that opened the door for his escape to Pakistan allowed bin Laden to emerge as a potent symbolic figure who continues to attract a steady flow of money and inspire fanatics worldwide. The failure to finish the job represents a lost opportunity that forever altered the course of the conflict in Afghanistan and the future of international terrorism."

Ya...and we know the Senate never lies about a single thing and is completely without any bias whatsoever!!:cuckoo:

OK.

What is Kerry and his merry band of Libtards trying to distract us from this week?
Senate report: Bin Laden was 'within grasp' - Afghanistan- msnbc.com

This is timed to be released with Obama's new grand plan that he pondered for weeks (suposely). This is to say that Bush failed but Obama rocked and its really a page from the same political strategy that they have used during the past eight years.

Can anyone else see that he is just using this to get ahead politically? Its probably the reason why he delayed the sannouncement of his new strategy. Its so he can time it right with this report and it will make him look like the great rescuer of American foreign policy. Obama is dicktard for doing that to because how many people died so he can execute his political strategy?

Bush DID fail

He gave up on Afghanistan and attacked Iraq which was not involved in terrorism.

It will go down as one of the biggest foreign policy blunders in history

Wrong...what will go down in history is the level of your ignorance to this one single fact.
Bush defeated the Taliban in Afghanistan. They were humiliated on the battlefield and ceased to be an effective fighting force. Their government was deposed and a new ruler was put in Kabul. When our European "allies" in NATO refused to send troops to Afghanistan to ensure the Taliban never came back they allowed them to regroup IN PAKISTAN and then move back across the border and now the whole mess is starting over. Any more revisionist history lessons?

Bush DID fail

He gave up on Afghanistan and attacked Iraq which was not involved in terrorism.

It will go down as one of the biggest foreign policy blunders in history

Huh ?

You should have gave up on smoking crack........

No....Bush should have given up the idea that attacking Iraq had anything to do with 9-11

More babbling incoherency......must be some sort of new medical affliction...let's call it:
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH Syndrome

Please remember who you are dealing with here Ollie....a bunch of armchair commandos who think a rough day on the battlefield is getting their ass kicked in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. People like rightwinger and blu spend most of their days getting their talking points from Huffington, Daily KOS and the Democratic Underground.

Please remember who you are dealing with here Ollie....a bunch of armchair commandos who think a rough day on the battlefield is getting their ass kicked in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. People like rightwinger and blu spend most of their days getting their talking points from Huffington, Daily KOS and the Democratic Underground.

:lol::lol::lol:

assumptions make you look like an ass. the only other political forum I visit is the hannity boards. please show where any of my points are liberal. will be interesting to see

I was under the impression that this was old news.

I don't think it was a conspiracy. Just a fuck-up.

I don't think it was a fuck up. First of all we had a hell of a time negotiating with surrounding countrys to even get our troops into theater. The ONLY way in December of 2002, and to this day I might add, WAS BY AIR...how the fuck do you move "several thousand" troops into Afghanistan at the drop of a hat when Uzbekistan and Kyrgystan severely limit the number of flights per day that can land at the bases we have rights to? Does Kerry and the rest of the LIBTARDS think we have Star Trek transporters and we can just send troops wherever, whenever?

In December of 2002 name ONE AIRFIELD near Tora Bora that was servicable and able to accomodate a C-17 transport plane every 30 seconds to put these "several thousand" troops into the field during a running battle the bullshit Senate report is talking about.

assumptions make you look like an ass. the only other political forum I visit is the hannity boards. please show where any of my points are liberal. will be interesting to see

STFU slow one....

Exactly correct.

Where are you going to land? What are you going to do...march them in there in a few hours? Sometimes you libs just crack me up!!!!

ToraBoraMed.gif

Last edited:

STFU slow one....

are you going to prove me wrong or just look like an idiot?

STFU slow one....

are you going to prove me wrong or just look like an idiot?

This is a message board dumbass...you have already proven yourself wrong several times....now run back to Romper Room and Miss Nancy...
romper-big-07.jpg

they don't watch to capture bin laden. it lets them keep expanding wars and using propaganda. i wouldn't be surprised if he is still on the cia payroll.

Here's one for you dumbass.....

Obama specifically said he want's to capture Bin Laden. Now prove that statement wrong and prove Bin Laden is still on the CIA payroll or SHUT THE F*CK UP!!!

Forum List

Back