Parents! Your thoughts please...

Okay Kathianne...I give up...we could dissect this to hr to hr minute to minute second to second...still does not change the 'general rule' of being a good and caring parent...stay alert and give all ya have to give...bottom line hun...now ya want to fool around and make up for lost time...lol Never mind ya hate me...thats okay I still have fun with or without ya...:beer:
No, you were the one trying to say that those in daycare/etc. have the bonus hours that are JUST NOT POSSIBLE. Even stay at homes do not have the hours that some would claim.

My own opinion is that kids are lucky to have a stay at home parent, k-4; 8-12, to me, those are the decisive years, outside of 0-3; which are the most important. Not everyone can afford to do so. But should be aware that those years need special attention.

If I were to ever have to go through the new baby upbringing thing again, God forbid, the only thing I'd be cool with would be a stay at home mom and home schooling.

To me, I do realize people dump their children off at day cares so they can have a job. But the way I see it, if you can't survive without that job, then you shouldn't have had those kids. Bad planning. Bad decision. I think a total stranger taking care of/*raising* your kids for 8/9 hours a day is wrong.

If I were to ever have to go through the new baby upbringing thing again, God forbid, the only thing I'd be cool with would be a stay at home mom and home schooling.

To me, I do realize people dump their children off at day cares so they can have a job. But the way I see it, if you can't survive without that job, then you shouldn't have had those kids. Bad planning. Bad decision. I think a total stranger taking care of/*raising* your kids for 8/9 hours a day is wrong.

So you are all for abortion, right?

Pale just believes in the old time...Marriage concept..as do I in a world that was lost way back when...end of story!

And I'm getting ready to wind this up arch and jump in the shower. I'm headed up your way to catch David John's last set and hit the Red Garter. Got a coupon for 10% off. Good time to pick up another pair of old dungeries and a shirt or two.

No, you were the one trying to say that those in daycare/etc. have the bonus hours that are JUST NOT POSSIBLE. Even stay at homes do not have the hours that some would claim.

My own opinion is that kids are lucky to have a stay at home parent, k-4; 8-12, to me, those are the decisive years, outside of 0-3; which are the most important. Not everyone can afford to do so. But should be aware that those years need special attention.

My ex as it turned out was a ...excuse me for being honest for a moment...Slut! And I was left holding the bag...and sorry hun I did a great job!...all the kids excelled! So as it turns out Psychiatrist need to go back to school...all guys are not just macho...albeit most are when the need arises!:read:

My ex as it turned out was a ...excuse me for being honest for a moment...Slut! And I was left holding the bag...and sorry hun I did a great job!...all the kids excelled! So as it turns out Psychiatrist need to go back to school...all guys are not just macho...albeit most are when the need arises!:read:
Sorry about the ex. I know how you felt. However, the rest doesn't make sense.

I have four

boy 13, girl 10, boy 8, boy 4

AND after this rant of yours: I'm surprised you'd even ask.

Being a parent is the hardest single thing I have have ever done in my life and I do not recommend it to anybody. Married or single. In some ways I have it easier than married couples do. My word goes. I don't have any conflict with a father to have to deal with. There is no father. It's just me.

Why anybody would purposely put themselves in that position I will never understand. Being a parent is so hard. It's not the least bit rewarding. It's worry, and guilt, and more worry, and it never ends. If we're lucky, our kids won't turn out to be drug addicts or hookers or serial killers. If we're really lucky, they'll grow up to be decent people who can make their own way in the world, and not hate us too much.

nt250 I think trigg has a point!!!!

I have four

boy 13, girl 10, boy 8, boy 4

AND after this rant of yours: I'm surprised you'd even ask.

Being a parent is the hardest single thing I have have ever done in my life and I do not recommend it to anybody. Married or single. In some ways I have it easier than married couples do. My word goes. I don't have any conflict with a father to have to deal with. There is no father. It's just me.

Why anybody would purposely put themselves in that position I will never understand. Being a parent is so hard. It's not the least bit rewarding. It's worry, and guilt, and more worry, and it never ends. If we're lucky, our kids won't turn out to be drug addicts or hookers or serial killers. If we're really lucky, they'll grow up to be decent people who can make their own way in the world, and not hate us too much.

Can't quite connect with you here, though I know about hard. There were always rewards. Granted, I would NOT have done this without a spouse, but ended with that anyways. Sooo, the kids and I did the best we could. They are all finishing up school, with less debt than most of my friends kids.

Was it easy? No. But you were right with the single voice deal. Not ideal, but has it's place.

And I'm getting ready to wind this up arch and jump in the shower. I'm headed up your way to catch David John's last set and hit the Red Garter. Got a coupon for 10% off. Good time to pick up another pair of old dungeries and a shirt or two.

What time are ya going to be there...I would come over and buy ya a beer...but as life has it I bailed out the GD's car from the shop...and I am broke...until the end of the month...fixed income is a bummer in retirement!

Can't quite connect with you here, though I know about hard. There were always rewards. Granted, I would NOT have done this without a spouse, but ended with that anyways. Sooo, the kids and I did the best we could. They are all finishing up school, with less debt than most of my friends kids.

Was it easy? No. But you were right with the single voice deal. Not ideal, but has it's place.

The rant I posted was from nt250 on another thread. Not my story at all. Kids are a blessing in my book.

Sorry that caused some confusion.

The rant I posted was from nt250 on another thread. Not my story at all. Kids are a blessing in my book.

Sorry that caused some confusion.

Thanks, I was confused with that! :thup:

What time are ya going to be there...I would come over and buy ya a beer...but as life has it I bailed out the GD's car from the shop...and I am broke...until the end of the month...fixed income is a bummer in retirement!

I expect to be at the Bucket around 4:30 PM, get a quick drink and head for the Garter to shop, then back to the Bucket to listen to the Cowboys. C'mon down, I'll buy YOU a beer. I'm loaded. :D

I'll be wearing a red and white western shirt, blue jeans, and white straw cowboy hat, and you can't miss my long hair.

I expect to be at the Bucket around 4:30 PM, get a quick drink and head for the Garter to shop, then back to the Bucket to listen to the Cowboys. C'mon down, I'll buy YOU a beer. I'm loaded. :D

I'll be wearing a red and white western shirt, blue jeans, and white straw cowboy hat, and you can't miss my long hair.

LOL...well can't pass that offer up...but ya don't have to buy me a beer...I will hit the atm for my costs...I will ***sigh*** budget..the cost of being retired(lol)..I will wear the old baseball cap...with my Sgt. and Capt. insignias blazing! Of course blue jeans as fitting!...lol!
Just remember I am short in stature...but full of piss and vineagar...it's a Italian thingee...don't get me wrong all ya US message board dudes and dudettes...I am as straight as they come...so go take a nap! see ya about 6:00 pm..Rock out until then Biker Dude!...LOL

nt250 I think trigg has a point!!!!

Would you make your quotes more identifable?

Your quote makes it look as if Trigg said the whole thing, and then his response makes it look as I said the whole thing.

I have one kid. I found out what causes it and I don't do that anymore.

What I said starts in the third paragraph and I stand by it.

Would you make your quotes more identifable?

Your quote makes it look as if Trigg said the whole thing, and then his response makes it look as I said the whole thing.

I have one kid. I found out what causes it and I don't do that anymore.

What I said starts in the third paragraph and I stand by it.

I belive the quote Trigg posted was from an earlier post of yours I remember reading that and thinking this person has got to be joking, but hey you just said you weren't..

All I can say to that is I feel very sorry for you!!! That has to be one of the most selfish statements I have ever read. I love all of my children with all my heart. I would never make a comment like that about mine. Yes there are times that they are trying but thats part of life and growingup. You should never speak of your children in such a way. You should be proud of your children eachand every day. They are after all a gift from God and they are the reason we are hear......

By the way Trigg is a MOM so I think that would make her a HER.

I belive the quote Trigg posted was from an earlier post of yours I remember reading that and thinking this person has got to be joking, but hey you just said you weren't..

All I can say to that is I feel very sorry for you!!! That has to be one of the most selfish statements I have ever read. I love all of my children with all my heart. I would never make a comment like that about mine. Yes there are times that they are trying but thats part of life and growingup. You should never speak of your children in such a way. You should be proud of your children eachand every day. They are after all a gift from God and they are the reason we are hear......

By the way Trigg is a MOM so I think that would make her a HER.

First of all, there is no God so you can cut that crap.

Second of all, I'm living with a 13 year old girl who thinks she's 27 and smarter than me. So cut me some slack.

Third of all, she IS smarter than me.

Fourth of all, don't you people know what a rant is?

Just spent the last two hours with Pale Rider (Tom) at the Bucket of Blood...he is a funny and cool guy...same in person as in internet...we shared a few laughs and beers...I'm impressed...a real person he is...I tried my best to fix him up with Donna the Bartender who he has a liking for...I am better matching others than I am myself...he took a few pics of me and another person including himself...although I am not that photogenic...sure hope he doesn't post my pics he looks way better as does the other Dude(I know him)...JUST BEING SARCASTIC TO SAVE MYSELF FROM RIDICULE...LOL
At any rate is sure was fun...I did get sidetracked flirting with what I thought was a cute babe...but Pale set me straight...He said to think 'Christian'...bummer...***sigh***

Forum List

Back