Papa John's CEO Says 'Obamacare' Will Up Pizza Price

Gee......

.....whatta tragedy.

25852_10100147289203175_12400087_55157194_5898574_n.jpg

handjob.gif

Last edited:

August 9, 2012
The CEO and founder of Papa John's pizza wants investors to know that when the president's health care law takes effect, the price of pizza is going up with it.According to "Papa" John Schnatter, the cost of providing health insurance for all of his pizza chain's uninsured, full-time employees comes out to about 14 cents on a large pizza. That's less than adding an extra topping and a third the price of an extra pepperoncini. If you want that piping hot pie delivered, the $2 delivery fee will cost you 14 times as much as that health insurance price hike."We're not supportive of Obamacare, like most businesses in our industry," Schnatter said on a conference call with shareholders last week, as reported by*Politico.*"If Obamacare is in fact not repealed, we will find tactics to shallow out any Obamacare costs and core strategies to pass that cost onto consumers in order to protect our shareholders' best interests."
Papa John's John Schnatter Says 'Obamacare' Will Up Pizza Price - ABC News

He's only saying it because he wants to continue to externalize the cost of having healthy drivers by having the taxpayer foot the bill any time an uninsured driver winds up in the emergency room.

PJ's is cut throat when it comes to saving a dime. I know from experience. They don't even mind stealing from their employees. When I worked there, they used to clock closing drivers out at close without their knowledge and have them clean the restaurant for free.

Besides, who the fuck eats that crap anyway? Call your local mom&pop if you want some decent pizza, for crissakes.

Last edited:

I used to think that pizza was the same no matter who made it. That was before I moved from TX to New England. Now I realize that there is good pizza and there is bad pizza. Kind of like native New Englanders have no idea what real Mexican/TexMex food is like. Margarita's isn't it, people in CT just think it is.

Look at the lefties sneer at business. "No food for you, then."

Morons.

August 9, 2012
The CEO and founder of Papa John's pizza wants investors to know that when the president's health care law takes effect, the price of pizza is going up with it.According to "Papa" John Schnatter, the cost of providing health insurance for all of his pizza chain's uninsured, full-time employees comes out to about 14 cents on a large pizza. That's less than adding an extra topping and a third the price of an extra pepperoncini. If you want that piping hot pie delivered, the $2 delivery fee will cost you 14 times as much as that health insurance price hike."We're not supportive of Obamacare, like most businesses in our industry," Schnatter said on a conference call with shareholders last week, as reported by*Politico.*"If Obamacare is in fact not repealed, we will find tactics to shallow out any Obamacare costs and core strategies to pass that cost onto consumers in order to protect our shareholders' best interests."

I think what Papa John is really trying to say is "If Obama is elected I'm going to jack up prices through the roof in a shameless attempt to profiteer off your ignorance because I know you'll be blaming Obama for any price increase I impose and not me!"

Circle K did the same fucking thing with cigarette prices, at least the stores in Louisiana did. They distributed pamphlets against the tax hike to get consumers on their side - the tax hike of 62 cents goes through - they jack up prices by 5 times that amount - and you blame the government, not Circle K!

August 9, 2012
I'm not a fan of the Government making a tax/penalty (I believe it's a penalty myself) if you DON'T buy a profit based service/good.

But that's a very weak argument against it. My opinion.

August 9, 2012
I'm not a fan of the Government making a tax/penalty (I believe it's a penalty myself) if you DON'T buy a profit based service/good.

But that's a very weak argument against it. My opinion.

It's not an argument against it. It's a statement of what the result will be. Which of course progressives don't give a shit about...they don't care if people starve, or can't afford to buy things...because in their ideal world, the government will provide all that anyone needs. You don't need anything except gubmint cheese and gray prison clothes...

You will need Obama Care if you eat at Papa John's :eusa_angel:

He just doesn't want to pay his employee's anymore than he has to. I ordered a pizza to be delivered and they charged me $2.00 extra and the delivery guy doesn't even get the money. Most pizza delivery people pay for their own gas, car insurance, are probably on minimum wage with out health care.

Forum List

Back