Papa John say's Obamacare will cause pizza prices to rise

I think what Papa John is really trying to say is "If Obama is elected I'm going to jack up prices through the roof in a shameless attempt to profiteer off your ignorance because I know you'll be blaming Obama for any price increase I impose and not me!"

That wouldn't work, of course, since customers would go elsewhere.

Standard, fundamental business economics. Wouldn't happen.

Pappa John, It's ok to jack those prices up as high as you want. Then you can sell your nasty pizzas to those that think Chick Fil A is gormet dining. People that vote for Romney don't care what your prices are. They are motivated to buy your pizza'a cause they have no taste. JUst like their choice in Presidential candidates. Kinda stiff, no good sauce, just a lot of talk.

Yea Pappa raise them prices.

Papa John's CEO Says 'Obamacare' Will Up Pizza Price

August 9, 2012
The CEO and founder of Papa John's pizza wants investors to know that when the president's health care law takes effect, the price of pizza is going up with it.According to "Papa" John Schnatter, the cost of providing health insurance for all of his pizza chain's uninsured, full-time employees comes out to about 14 cents on a large pizza. That's less than adding an extra topping and a third the price of an extra pepperoncini. If you want that piping hot pie delivered, the $2 delivery fee will cost you 14 times as much as that health insurance price hike."We're not supportive of Obamacare, like most businesses in our industry," Schnatter said on a conference call with shareholders last week, as reported by*Politico.*"If Obamacare is in fact not repealed, we will find tactics to shallow out any Obamacare costs and core strategies to pass that cost onto consumers in order to protect our shareholders' best interests."
Papa John's John Schnatter Says 'Obamacare' Will Up Pizza Price - ABC News
Problem solved.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVFA9MW2LNo]Tortilla Pizza Tutorial - YouTube[/ame]

Papa John should worry less about 14 cents and more about his lousy Pizza

If that 14c is really going to make a difference to you, then you shouldn't be ordering pizza in the first place.

Fourteen whole cents. If I'm working at Papa John's I'm pissed off that the owner of my company won't provide healthcare if all that stands in the way is $0.14 per unit sold (at most).

I'm sure there is a qualifier in that somewhere. Surely the guy that owns Papa Johns is not that ruthless. I mean, that's almost Bain-esque.

How does Papa Johns offer a $10 pizza?

Pay minimum wage and allow the taxpayers to pick up the tab for his employees housing, healthcare, education, food

It is easy to pay low wages when the taxpayer supports your workforce

Who cares? Their pizza sucks and that will open the door for more competition.

Yeah, glad the guy who owned most here was a crook and shut most of down out of no where one day. The one by my house was replace with a local pizza place, ran by a greek guy. They make everything fresh etc, best crust you will ever have.
We only ordered Papa John's in high school because the deliver driver was cute. Lol

Papa Johns may have said they will raise prices. Everyone will raise prices to cover obamacare whether they tell you or not. Whether it's the worst pizza or the best.

Only liberals think that raising taxes doesn't also raise prices.

If that 14c is really going to make a difference to you, then you shouldn't be ordering pizza in the first place.

You got that right...
who the hell has a problem with another $.14 on pizza....

Or...

Another $.05 on coffee
Another $.03 on milk
Another $.07 on sugar.

on and on it goes..... the friggin Libs just love to spend others peoples money...

I work at a gas station, where people leave me pennies daily. The sane people everyday. So 7-15 cents a week they leave because they dont want the pennies.

Papa Johns may have said they will raise prices. Everyone will raise prices to cover obamacare whether they tell you or not. Whether it's the worst pizza or the best.

Otherwise, they are just passing along the costs of their employees healthcare to the US Taxpayer. If a Papa Johns employee gets sick he goes to the emergency room, tells them Papa Johns pays him shit and he can't afford medical care

The cost of that emergency room visit gets passed on to the rest of us and Papa Johns keeps the profit

Papa John's claim is pure horseshit.

PJ franchises with less than 50 employees, which is probably almost all of them, are exempt.

Parttime employees are exempt.

What's going to raise pizza prices, if anything, are the rising prices of commodities associated with the drought.

I would normally tell you to fuck off, but I have been to NY a number of times and there is no Pizza on earth as good as virtually any NY Pizza. I even go to Johnnys New York style pizza here in Georgia when I get the urge for pizza. Not as good, but close.

Otherwise, they are just passing along the costs of their employees healthcare to the US Taxpayer. If a Papa Johns employee gets sick he goes to the emergency room, tells them Papa Johns pays him shit and he can't afford medical care

The cost of that emergency room visit gets passed on to the rest of us and Papa Johns keeps the profit

Good thing they don't do that at Wal Mart...oh wait.

Forum List

Back