Papa John loses dough, blames it on the NFL

Never had one. Are they any good?

Papa John Loses Dough: Pizza Chain Founder Loses $70 Million In Hours, Blames NFL

Papa John is having a bad day.

The net worth of John Schnatter, founder and CEO of pizza chain Papa John’s, fell $70 million in less than 24 hours after the company released its third-quarter financial report on Tuesday afternoon. The business beat estimates on earnings and revenue, but it lowered guidance on same-store sales for the coming period.

Investors were not pleased with that news and sent shares down 11% through 12:30 pm Eastern Time on Wednesday. The stock is now trading at just over $60 per share.

One casualty of the slide was Schnatter’s personal fortune. The 55-year-old—who owns roughly 25% of Papa John’s—is now worth $801 million, Forbes estimates.

Papa John Loses Dough: Pizza Chain Founder Loses $70 Million In Hours, Blames NFL
It's the fault of that damned negro's ObamaCare and those kneeling negroes!

It can't possibly be the fault of his business model.

I don’t buy pizza from chains. It’s all garbage. I buy pizza from local restaurants who have to put out a good product to compete.

My favourite pizza joint in Toronto was Casa di Giorgio. A small family restaurant in the Beaches within walking distance from our house.

There was another place which made the best pizza ever, although I can’t remember the name. They had crispy thin crust, the most delicious homemade sauce with fresh herbs, and highly original toppings. Then they sold the restaurant. In no time the new owners were serving a soggy doughy crust, canned sauce with no flavour, and cheap toppings. We went elsewhere.

Two years later we got a flyer in our mailbox with a familiar menu. A new pizza place had opened nearby. We ordered from them and got a thin crispy crust, homemade sauce with fresh herbs, and exotic toppings. The non-compete clause in their sales agreement had expired. Heaven!

What exactly was he being an ass about? Just expecting everyone to bow down to him?

Well there was a little of that ... But that wasn't all.

He was really rude, and he tried to act like he was the authority in every matter.
He didn't so much demand that everyone should bow down to him ... As much as he couldn't understand why everyone wouldn't (if you can understand the difference).
In his mind he was God's gift to Earth ... And everything he said seemed like it was coming from a used car salesman.

I mean it was just a small upscale college bar ... And there couldn't have been more than 20 people present at the time.
He wasn't even drunk enough for that to be the cause.

But seriously ... When he stood up, collected his things and informed everyone he was leaving ... Two guys who had been playing pool started clapping.
It wasn't appreciation for anything John had accomplished ... And you could read that on their faces.

It kind of caught on and everyone not in the bathroom stood up and joined them.
One lady pointed and said ... "The door is right over there."
The laughing, carrying on and conversation about the whole event afterwards was far more enjoyable than when he had been sitting there running his mouth.

And as I mentioned ... The manager didn't have a problem buying everyone a drink to make up for it ... And he made it anything you wanted and he had on hand to serve.

I don’t buy pizza from chains. It’s all garbage. I buy pizza from local restaurants who have to put out a good product to compete.

My favourite pizza joint in Toronto was Casa di Giorgio. A small family restaurant in the Beaches within walking distance from our house..
DiGiorno Trolls Papa Johns After NFL Comments
Let the pizza wars begin.

Frozen pizza brand DiGiorno took to Twitter on Wednesday to troll Papa John's, after the company's CEO claimed NFL leadership and player protests during the national anthem hurt their pizza sales.

DiGiorno continued with another Papa John's diss, taking aim at the company's tagline, "Better Ingredients. Better Pizza. Papa John's."
DiGiorno trolled Papa John's after pizza company's CEO slammed NFL

DiGiorno Pizza @DiGiornoPizza
Us:
1f355.png
1f4c8.png

Them:
1f355.png
1f4c9.png

11:49 AM - Nov 1, 2017
rno Pizza @DiGiornoPizza
Us:
1f355.png
1f4c8.png

Them:
1f355.png
1f4c9.png

Better Pizza.
Better Sales.

11:57 AM - Nov 1, 2017

My favourite pizza joint in Toronto was Casa di Giorgio. A small family restaurant in the Beaches within walking distance from our house..

Frozen pizza brand DiGiorno took to Twitter on Wednesday to troll Papa John's, after the company's CEO claimed NFL leadership and player protests during the national anthem hurt their pizza sales.

DiGiorno continued with another Papa John's diss, taking aim at the company's tagline, "Better Ingredients. Better Pizza. Papa John's."

Us:
1f355.png
1f4c8.png

Them:
1f355.png
1f4c9.png

rno Pizza @DiGiornoPizza
Us:
1f355.png
1f4c8.png

Them:
1f355.png
1f4c9.png

Better Pizza.
Better Sales.

Can anyone recommend DiGiorno pizza?

Us:
1f355.png
1f4c8.png

Them:
1f355.png
1f4c9.png

rno Pizza @DiGiornoPizza
Us:
1f355.png
1f4c8.png

Them:
1f355.png
1f4c9.png

Better Pizza.
Better Sales.

Can anyone recommend DiGiorno pizza?
Guess not.

I could better understand Papa John's point if it were something of a sports bar. I get sense Buffalo Wild Wings is more of a hangout for NFL fans on Sundays. Could be wrong, I watch my football at home. Have cut back on cable and don't get ESPN anymore and so that has affected my viewing this season.

By the way, what is it with the name 'Papa' and pizza ?
Where I live, there are 'Papa's Pizza' , 'Papa Murphy's' and 'Papa John's'.
Papa is a popular nickname for older men in Italy.
There's nothing Italian about Papa John's.

Did I say there was?

You really are a world class dumb ass!
I think he was talking to me.
Yes, Admiral can't follow the exchange.

Papa is a popular nickname for older men in Italy.
There's nothing Italian about Papa John's.

Did I say there was?

You really are a world class dumb ass!
I think he was talking to me.

Oh, well! He is still a dumb ass!

Well, the Italian and Latin word for "father" is "papa".

Not exactly it's "Pater" in Latin and Padre for Italian. Papa is slang for Dad.

Not according to the dictionary I used. Oh, well!

Well, I guess your old teacher's dictionary needs to be changed.

Forum List

Back