Papa John loses dough, blames it on the NFL

Papa Johns is my favorite, unless I'm in Chicago or New York.

What goes around comes around..

images
Only a fool thinks Obama care is good for the average American, deadbeats like it because someone else is paying for their shit.

The point is that the guy lives in a castle , but cut his employee's hours so he didn't have to pay for their healthcare..

images

Did you notice his profits went way down? He was right...

Where /he/ lives has nothing to do with the amount his /business/ can afford to pay employees.

To example, just because /I/ invested some cash in MS and Exxon and am able to afford a nice house, doesn't mean my /business/ has more profits to pay employees.

/Personal/ net worth is not equal to /business/ income.

Good God you lefties are fucking stupid. I'm so sick of explaining even the simplest shit to simple-minded ideological morons...

This parts for the ones who have a brain and might actually learn something:

I especially do not have "more" to pay my employees under the ultra thin margins of fast food where raising the prices on my product will price me out of the majority of my consumers affordability/justifibility- the lower income folks are the bread and butter, I've got no choice but to be cheap. Making me pay for ACA, or raising minimum wage, means I'll likely not only have to fire people and cut hours, but I'll also have to compromise on my ingredients just to break even with my /required/ profit margin. A profit margin that in most businesses includes savings to cover at minimum a year of minimal income, but in fast food is actually so narrow that I couldn't even pay for a few MONTHS of losses and stay in business. It's dangerously thin as it is...

Edit (further information) - Most fast foods have an average profit margin of around 25%. That means that every day 75% of their profits goes toward keeping the business running...

Last edited:
Papa John's Pulls NFL-Associated Ads Citing 'Negative Consumer Sentiment'

Pizza chain Papa John's announced Wednesday that it is pulling its advertising associated with the NFL, according to ESPN's Darren Rovell.

Per Jonathan Maze of Nation's Restaurant News, Papa John's founder John Schnatter said sales are down due to "negative consumer sentiment" regarding the company's relationship with the NFL.

Schnatter also called the NFL "an example of poor leadership," according to Maze.

A constant topic of discussion during the 2017 NFL season has been players' decision to protest during the national anthem.

While the trend was started by former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick last season, it has continued in 2017, especially since critical comments were made by President Donald Trump.
Papa John's Pulls NFL-Associated Ads Citing 'Negative Consumer Sentiment'

Even if Papa John’s is scapegoating the NFL, Roger Goodell and league should be alarmed

• For weeks now, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell thirsted for this kind of break. Nine consecutive days of league-related silence from President Donald Trump. Free of Twitter rants. No inflammatory speeches or off-the-cuff interviews. Such a blissful reprieve from Trump’s political theater would have been unthinkable not long ago.

Nine quiet days later, Trump is suddenly the least of Goodell’s problems.

With Papa John’s trashing of league leadership in a Wednesday earnings call with investors, a new low has arrived. And with Goodell’s next contract still unresolved, it’s fair to wonder if the future of the commissioner is on shaky ground.

Even if Papa John’s is scapegoating the NFL, Roger Goodell and league should be alarmed

images

I was sitting in a bar one time when John Schnatter was there.
He was such an ass everyone gave him a standing ovation when he said he was leaving ... And the manager bought the house a round of drinks when John hit the door.

But screw it ... He can do what he wants with his business ... Same as the NFL owners.

Papa can't serious. Papa Johns pizza hasn't been good since the 90s.

Good marketing strategy by Papa Johns
Go to war with football

Millions of fans sit at home watching the game and ordering takeout pizza is a good deal

Papa Johns wouldn't want to be the pizza chain they call would they?

images

I was sitting in a bar one time when John Schnatter was there.
He was such an ass everyone gave him a standing ovation when he said he was leaving ... And the manager bought the house a round of drinks when John hit the door.

But screw it ... He can do what he wants with his business ... Same as the NFL owners.

What exactly was he being an ass about? Just expecting everyone to bow down to him?

Forum List

Back