Papa John loses dough, blames it on the NFL

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Never had one. Are they any good?

Papa John Loses Dough: Pizza Chain Founder Loses $70 Million In Hours, Blames NFL

Papa John is having a bad day.

The net worth of John Schnatter, founder and CEO of pizza chain Papa John’s, fell $70 million in less than 24 hours after the company released its third-quarter financial report on Tuesday afternoon. The business beat estimates on earnings and revenue, but it lowered guidance on same-store sales for the coming period.

Investors were not pleased with that news and sent shares down 11% through 12:30 pm Eastern Time on Wednesday. The stock is now trading at just over $60 per share.

One casualty of the slide was Schnatter’s personal fortune. The 55-year-old—who owns roughly 25% of Papa John’s—is now worth $801 million, Forbes estimates.

Papa John Loses Dough: Pizza Chain Founder Loses $70 Million In Hours, Blames NFL

By the way, what is it with the name 'Papa' and pizza ?
Where I live, there are 'Papa's Pizza' , 'Papa Murphy's' and 'Papa John's'.

I ate Popa John's pizza twice, and got the shits both times. Never again.

What goes around comes around..

images

You need real dagos to make the best pizza and that's not an insult either....

I am not going to order from some vanilla chain when we have so many awesome mom and pop places in the area.

I read an article about that a few days ago. NFL viewership is down, but not as much as television viewership in general. The younger crowd is accessing entertainment in different ways now was the cited reason. I think it is also general disgust with tv news and programming too.

I blame crappy pizza

Even Peyton Manning won't eat it

Forum List

Back