Panicked New York Governor Tells Businesses “They Have Nothing to Fear” After Democrat Leaders Fleece Donald Trump of $355 Million

That's what I'm getting. I'm also getting estimates for the next two years of further deficits around the 35 billion dollar range and that's with large cuts to spending included...cuts that Newsome has yet to make.
Think of it this way, Slade...that huge "surplus" was the result of a massive influx of Federal spending in California due to the pandemic. Think of it like you won the "lottery". It wasn't money that your State produced...it was money that your State was gifted! California for some reason (well let's face it...politicians LOVE to spend money!) decided that this was a trend that would continue and they could therefore spend a shit ton of money that they hadn't yet received...which they did.
So now the State is facing huge deficits. They're also facing the results of passing a new minimum wage law that's going to absolutely bring investment in California to a screeching halt...something that will further erode their revenue base. They're also facing the enormous cost of an open border policy that has illegals pouring into the State at an unprecedented rate...illegals which they have now decided that they should pick up the cost of their healthcare. It's one bad decision on top of another.
Financial revenge is to stop spending money in those areas. Move from those areas if you can. Do not open businesses in those areas. They keep up with the 2nd and 3rd world ways of economic utopia, they will be just that.

Financial revenge is to stop spending money in those areas. Move from those areas if you can. Do not open businesses in those areas. They keep up with the 2nd and 3rd world ways of economic utopia, they will be just that.
It's common sense really. If I'm the CEO of restaurant chain looking to expand...do I do so in California where my profits are going to be eaten up by having to pay workers a $20 an hour minimum wage and the population is shrinking...or do I do so in Texas where my costs are lower, there is no State income tax and the population is growing?
California's tax revenues are going to crater and you can see it coming a mile off. The guy from Shark Tank who puts them in the "loser" category is spot on. You're not going to invest money in a start up in that State. You're just not.

No, the banks weren't damaged. The state gets compensated from the profits that were earned off the fraud.

Fucking hilarious.

You better have a talk with your buddy Fork, he doesn't agree with you, your stories don't match. Must have gone to different propaganda outlets. :dunno:

"The law doesn't require a victim. Although a bank not getting the interest rates they're entitled too makes the bank a victim. It's all there in the judgement... you should read it before commenting!!!"

Think of what California's proposed retroactive tax on people leaving the State means! It's akin to the Soviet Union putting up the Iron Curtain to keep people from fleeing to the West only this is a financial "wall" designed to trap people inside of a State that they no longer want to be in! That's how bad things are in California right now!

That's why I asked the question, they're too damn stupid to comprehend just how damn stupid they are.
New York has basically declared judicial "war" on anyone who doesn't agree with their liberal principles and has made it quite clear that the rule of law is NOT there to protect you if you invest in New York. Hochul is smart enough to understand what that's going to do and is scrambling to assure investors that what was done to Trump will ONLY be done to Trump! The problem with THAT is she's admitting that Letitia James just committed selective prosecution against someone for their politics! This whole case is turning into a "tar baby" for the State of New York!

It's common sense really. If I'm the CEO of restaurant chain looking to expand...do I do so in California where my profits are going to be eaten up by having to pay workers a $20 an hour minimum wage and the population is shrinking...or do I do so in Texas where my costs are lower, there is no State income tax and the population is growing?
California's tax revenues are going to crater and you can see it coming a mile off. The guy from Shark Tank who puts them in the "loser" category is spot on. You're not going to invest money in a start up in that State. You're just not.

If you're a CEO of ANY corporation, you should be making sure all of your workers are well paid.

No I would not want to do business in Texas where women can't get proper health care, the electrical grid is failing, and the Governor is a right wing loony. I would not want to do business in ANY red state.

I want to live and work where people are well paid and have FREEDOM. Not everything is about MONEY!

If you're a CEO of ANY corporation, you should be making sure all of your workers are well paid.

No I would not want to do business in Texas where women can't get proper health care, the electrical grid is failing, and the Governor is a right wing loony. I would not want to do business in ANY red state.

I want to live and work where people are well paid and have FREEDOM. Not everything is about MONEY!
I'm curious, Dragonlady...do you know what the actual minimum wage is in California?

If you're a CEO of any corporation your number one job is make a profit. Over paying your workers and seeing the business go bankrupt does nobody any good. The answer to my question is that the actual minimum wage is zero! That's what you make when your job no longer exists. You'll have lots of "FREEDOM"! You won't have a paycheck to put food on your table, gas in your car or keep a roof over your head but you'll be "FREE"! To be blunt, Dragonlady? The reason that California is in so much trouble is that it's being run by liberals like yourself. :)

The law has never been used against a real estate developer such as Trump in it's entire history, Slade. Show me one other developer that has EVER been charged with fraud for a transaction where they paid a loan back to a bank with interest and on time and the bank was happy with the profit they made!
Why do you need to see others? The law is the law and it is either followed or broken. Right?

California has ONE POINT THREE TRILLION in unfounded pension liabilities, plus over SIXTY EIGHT BILLION in a yearly deficit. Next year it’s likely to be worse.
It also brings in over half a trillion in revenue per year

She just admitted this was nothing but a political hit against Trump.
She admitted no such thing. What she said was:

“I think that this is really an extraordinary unusual circumstance that the law-abiding and rule-following New Yorkers who are business people have nothing to worry about because they’re very different than Donald Trump and his behavior.”

That's what I'm getting. I'm also getting estimates for the next two years of further deficits around the 35 billion dollar range and that's with large cuts to spending included...cuts that Newsome has yet to make.
Think of it this way, Slade...that huge "surplus" was the result of a massive influx of Federal spending in California due to the pandemic. Think of it like you won the "lottery". It wasn't money that your State produced...it was money that your State was gifted! California for some reason (well let's face it...politicians LOVE to spend money!) decided that this was a trend that would continue and they could therefore spend a shit ton of money that they hadn't yet received...which they did.
So now the State is facing huge deficits. They're also facing the results of passing a new minimum wage law that's going to absolutely bring investment in California to a screeching halt...something that will further erode their revenue base. They're also facing the enormous cost of an open border policy that has illegals pouring into the State at an unprecedented rate...illegals which they have now decided that they should pick up the cost of their healthcare. It's one bad decision on top of another.
I understand the criticism of Calis gov. I live there and didn’t vote for Gavin because of that. I’d prefer to see a more fiscally responsible manager. But it is still absurd and hyperbolic to say that the state will be broke in a few years.

The money doesn’t go into a vacuum. The gov spends money which is basically paying people’s wages, and then they spend as they live and the circle of life continues. As long as there is a flow of spending the economy is functioning. Cali having the industry that it has with a GDP as large as it has is not in threat of going broke in a few years. Yes it could be managed better, but it’s not as bad as you paint it to be

Fucking hilarious.

You better have a talk with your buddy Fork, he doesn't agree with you, your stories don't match. Must have gone to different propaganda outlets. :dunno:

"The law doesn't require a victim. Although a bank not getting the interest rates they're entitled too makes the bank a victim. It's all there in the judgement... you should read it before commenting!!!"
Oh so first we are all propaganda parrots and now we are going to different outlets?! Why don’t you grow up and just speak with the person you’re talking to without having to paint them as mindless robots. We all get that’s how you see the left. Good for you. Now get over it and learn how to have a real conversation without acting like a child

1708448097508.png

Again. The statute doesn't require the exact set of circumstances that is present in this case. It just requires a showing of persistent, willful fraud. The ridiculousness of me having to find the exact fact set in order too... Now I think about it. Too what?

Does the judgement gain validity to you? I'm sure it doesn't. You don't even feel the need to read the judgement in order to reject it.

How can you possibly have an informed opinion about something you refuse to investigate? Yet according to you. In order for me to have an informed opinion, I have to look up something that has no bearing on the actual law on top of reading the judgement.

The gap of information is so large. And the unwillingness to actually do anything to inform yourself is so pervasive that discussion is almost pointless.
Trump hating AP reviewed all 70 years of cases under this statute, and James' use of this statute was unprecedented.

But an Associated Press analysis of nearly 70 years of similar cases showed Trump’s case stands apart: It’s the only big business found that was threatened with a shutdown without a showing of obvious victims and major losses.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back