Palin's Tea Party address very successful

Seeing how Obama has never granted FOX an interview, why on earth should FOX air Obamas unchecked propaganda.

OBAMA HAS NEVER HAD A LEGITIMATE INTERVIEW PERIOD.

Furthermore I have not watched a speech where Palin used a TelePrompter.

Gentle correction here. Candidate Obama gave a long and in depth interview to Bill O'Reilly which O'Reilly featured on three consecutive nights on Fox. He rather impressed Mr. O'Reilly who was pretty well in Obama's camp and defended him re some of the criticisms that were being leveled against him. At least he did before President Obama reneged on almost all the wonderful promises he made that his loyal followers believed.

I don't know whether Palin uses a teleprompter a lot or not. She did the night she was introduced at the GOP convention and it malfunctioned so she had to wing it for some time using her notes. She covered without a hitch though.

Bill Clinton was a master at that. His teleprompter went out once and he continued without missing a step and without notes for about twenty minutes. Nobody but his staff and speech writers had a clue there was a problem.

President Obama cannot do that.
Palin read her speech from notes on the lectern.

I respect your opinion but I took pause, it was either Hannity or Beck asked her point blank "would you consider yourself a Conservative or a Republican"? and she said Republican. That gave me great pause and I will never be naive no matter what.

Sarah Palin is the female version of Ronald Reagan. I've heard her state that she is a member of the Republican party--while her husband Todd is a registered independant.

Regardless of pary affiliation--I think we can both agree it's conservatives that the tea party movement wants. We don't want moderate to liberal republicans.

And let's face it--when just the mention of Sarah Palin's name can get liberals panties tied up in a wade---you know you've got a home run hitter.

I respect your opinion but I took pause, it was either Hannity or Beck asked her point blank "would you consider yourself a Conservative or a Republican"? and she said Republican. That gave me great pause and I will never be naive no matter what.

Sarah Palin is the female version of Ronald Reagan. I've heard her state that she is a member of the Republican party--while her husband Todd is a registered independant.

Regardless of pary affiliation--I think we can both agree it's conservatives that the tea party movement wants. We don't want moderate to liberal republicans.

And let's face it--when just the mention of Sarah Palin's name can get liberals panties tied up in a wade---you know you've got a home run hitter.
I hear you on the panty part but I have a gut feeling that having Palin as the spokes person is just not a smart move. Only time will tell if my gut is right. :lol:

I really hate that she keeps defending John McCain and actually went out to help raise money for him. Big red flag for me, you know?

I hear you on the panty part but I have a gut feeling that having Palin as the spokes person is just not a smart move. Only time will tell if my gut is right. :lol:

I really hate that she keeps defending John McCain and actually went out to help raise money for him. Big red flag for me, you know?

As I said earlier, she says some things I agree with, but I find her too shrill and I really didn't like the withdrawal from office. I read that she was 'donating back her fee,' but I'll believe that when I see it.

I just can't see myself voting for her. She doesn't seem to think there's anything she doesn't know, sort of like Obama in a different direction.

As I said earlier, she says some things I agree with, but I find her too shrill and I really didn't like the withdrawal from office. I read that she was 'donating back her fee,' but I'll believe that when I see it.

I just can't see myself voting for her. She doesn't seem to think there's anything she doesn't know, sort of like Obama in a different direction.
I didn't vote for Obama but I learned a lesson from others and that is NEVER throw all your faith in one person. I have red flags up, and I'm not all giddy with Palin like some are. Again, she did state she is a Republican more then a conservative, which really gave me an ill feeling. I suppose it was the way she stated it after a long pause. She had to actually think what the politically correct answer would be for her to respond.

Every time I watch her she will say something and I'll say yeah, then the next I'm like "WHAT" so I'm with you Annie. Her issue with quitting I don't have though because I pretty much figured out it was because of the huge law suits against her and financially it took it's toll on her and family.

Hey but maybe I do have issue with that now, she did state tonight that it isn't about money, but it was enough about money for her to quit. hrmmmm

We really are on the same page, Oreo. I like Sarah a great deal too, and I sure am not about to throw her under the bus as some of our less committed colleagues seem hell bent on doing. I agree when they pour as much venom on her as they do, she must REALLY have something good going for her.

Our only quarrel is that we can't allow ourselves to be like those who defend their guy or their party or their ideology no matter how flawed it might be. You want the Nashville event to be okay. So do I. But unless we understand image, perception, and demands for honesty, integrity, and conviction, we won't win the hearts and minds of those we need to have in order to win.

I've devoted a good chunk of my life doing promotion and communications. And I'm tellin you, the Nashville event may very well have hurt us in that goal as much as it helped. We need to listen to and hear those who are on OUR side who know that. One event can't even slow us down, but if we refuse to acknowledge where we get it wrong and continue to repeat mistakes once we realize them, we will sink ourselves.

It is exactly unwillingness to admit mistakes and change course that has put our government in the shape it is today, and it has made us vulnerable to people who have none of our best interests at heart.

Last edited:

I didn't vote for Obama but I learned a lesson from others and that is NEVER throw all your faith in one person. I have red flags up, and I'm not all giddy with Palin like some are. Again, she did state she is a Republican more then a conservative, which really gave me an ill feeling. I suppose it was the way she stated it after a long pause. She had to actually think what the politically correct answer would be for her to respond.

Every time I watch her she will say something and I'll say yeah, then the next I'm like "WHAT" so I'm with you Annie. Her issue with quitting I don't have though because I pretty much figured out it was because of the huge law suits against her and financially it took it's toll on her and family.

Hey but maybe I do have issue with that now, she did state tonight that it isn't about money, but it was enough about money for her to quit. hrmmmm

She never stated she is a republican more than a conservative...never!

We really are on the same page, Oreo. I like Sarah a great deal too, and I sure am not about to throw her under the bus as some of our less committed colleagues seem hell bent on doing. I agree when they pour as much venom on her as they do, she must REALLY have something good going for her.

Our only quarrel is that we can't allow ourselves to be like those who defend their guy or their party or their ideology no matter how flawed it might be. You want the Nashville event to be okay. So do I. But unless we understand image, perception, and demands for honesty, integrity, and conviction, we won't win the hearts and minds of those we need to have in order to win.

I've devoted a good chunk of my life doing promotion and communications. And I'm tellin you, the Nashville event may very well have hurt us in that goal as much as it helped. We need to listen to and hear those who are on OUR side who know that. One event can't even slow us down, but if we refuse to acknowledge where we get it wrong and continue to repeat mistakes once we realize them, we will sink ourselves.

It is exactly unwillingness to admit mistakes and change course that has put our government in the shape it is today, and it has made us vulnerable to people who have none of our best interests at heart.
Well this is why I think Palin is the wrong choice for now...maybe later once they work out of the growing pains. Also I fear all the wolves that will come in sheep clothing just to get the votes and throw them under the bus.

Thats all, I'm not totally down on Palin, but rather I'm more for the success of the movement and I fear how fragile it is right now that nothing fracture it. Taking a big risk with palin as spokes person I think anyway.

Why is it when I say "non-whites" you think I am only referring to blacks? How many Latinos did you see there?

Aye-carumba! 60% of the hispanic vote was for Obama. So, again, in a crowd of 600 people how many "person's of color" do you think would have been a reasonable representation...please. Truly your question is not only mere provacative chain yanking, but with the voter demographics not even relevent.

First of all you have 0 proof that there were not person's of color in attendance. More importantly is how thick headed you sound. Demographically by the numbers person's of color support big government entitlement policies that politicians like Obama support; the teaparty platform policies are in complete opposition to them! So why would you expect to see a representation of person's of color in any brief camera pan of those in attendance??? So again, what should be the percentage in a crowd of that size??? 000.1% perhaps? Just asking since you raised the issue! What's wrong can't give an answer even after I provided the numbers? Can you do math?
Please see the first quote in my sig.
It is so typical of a CON$ervaTard who is limited to "Fuzzy Math" only to question the math abilities of others.

To do your math for you:
If 95% of Blacks Voted for Obama then 5% or 1 in 20 didn't. So for every camera pan that showed 20 or more people there is potentially 1 black face or 30+ in a group of 600+. Your 00.1% is 1 in 1,000.
If 60% of Hispanics voted for Obama then 40% or 4 in 10 didn't so there would be potentially 240+ Hispanics in a group of 600+.
Added together there would be potentially 45% or 270+ non-whites in the 600+ audience or nearly every other person could be non-white in each camera pan of CELEBUTARD Palin's "grass roots" audience.

Oops, I forgot one more calculation. Minorities make up 1/3 of the population so those numbers need to be divided by 3. So 15% or 1 in 7 or 90+ non-white supporters out of 600+ could be in each camera pan.

You really show your own ignorance. 5% of registered blacks and 40% of registered hispanics that voted for McCain represented what % of his votes? In other words when adding in the pale faces in a room of 600 what is the percentage then?

Yeah, your math kills are brilliant...not!

Let me help you out:

McCain received 58,343,671 votes (CNN) and 52,431,522 of his votes were from Whites, that's also 90% of his base and 41.4% of those voting. Likewise 10% of his base were 'not White' voters, 5% of the 2008 Electorate.

Now don't forget how the entire election broke down:

73% "White"
9% "Hispanic"
2% "Asian"
3% "Other"
13% "Black."

When you get the whole math problem figured out you come on back...

Aye-carumba! 60% of the hispanic vote was for Obama. So, again, in a crowd of 600 people how many "person's of color" do you think would have been a reasonable representation...please. Truly your question is not only mere provacative chain yanking, but with the voter demographics not even relevent.

First of all you have 0 proof that there were not person's of color in attendance. More importantly is how thick headed you sound. Demographically by the numbers person's of color support big government entitlement policies that politicians like Obama support; the teaparty platform policies are in complete opposition to them! So why would you expect to see a representation of person's of color in any brief camera pan of those in attendance??? So again, what should be the percentage in a crowd of that size??? 000.1% perhaps? Just asking since you raised the issue! What's wrong can't give an answer even after I provided the numbers? Can you do math?
It is so typical of a CON$ervaTard who is limited to "Fuzzy Math" only to question the math abilities of others.

To do your math for you:
If 95% of Blacks Voted for Obama then 5% or 1 in 20 didn't. So for every camera pan that showed 20 or more people there is potentially 1 black face or 30+ in a group of 600+. Your 00.1% is 1 in 1,000.
If 60% of Hispanics voted for Obama then 40% or 4 in 10 didn't so there would be potentially 240+ Hispanics in a group of 600+.
Added together there would be potentially 45% or 270+ non-whites in the 600+ audience or nearly every other person could be non-white in each camera pan of CELEBUTARD Palin's "grass roots" audience.

Oops, I forgot one more calculation. Minorities make up 1/3 of the population so those numbers need to be divided by 3. So 15% or 1 in 7 or 90+ non-white supporters out of 600+ could be in each camera pan.

You really show your own ignorance. 5% of registered blacks and 40% of registered hispanics that voted for McCain represented what % of his votes? In other words when adding in the pale faces in a room of 600 what is the percentage then?

Let me help you out:

McCain received 58,343,671 votes (CNN) and 52,431,522 of his votes were from Whites, that's also 90% of his base and 41.4% of those voting. Likewise 10% of his base were 'not White' voters, 5% of the 2008 Electorate.

73% "White"
9% "Hispanic"
2% "Asian"
3% "Other"
13% "Black."

Just because the non-whites who didn't vote for Obama also didn't vote for McCain does not mean they are not POTENTIALLY available to the astro-turf tea bag audience. It shows you phonies can't even attract minorities who didn't vote for Obama.

To do your math for you:

Let me help you out:

73% "White"
9% "Hispanic"
2% "Asian"
3% "Other"
13% "Black."

Just because the non-whites who didn't vote for Obama also didn't vote for McCain does not mean they are not POTENTIALLY available to the astro-turf tea bag audience. It shows you phonies can't even attract minorities who didn't vote for Obama.

Another not so brilliant response...

Last edited:

She never stated she is a republican more than a conservative...never!
Hannity asked her he stated "you said in your book that you are more of a conservative then a republican are you a more of a conservative or a republican" after trying to side step the question she finally state that she is a registered republican because the planks and platform our best for her state" blah blah blah. She had a hard time to admit she is more conservative then Republican not only that she had trouble stating that Obama is radical.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gMV6oKGWWY]YouTube - Sarah Palin interview on Hannity Pt 4 of 6 - November 18, 2009[/ame]

So again, I take some pause with Palin because of this.

What percentage of black Amreican's voted Obama? Wasn't it like 95%? So in a crowd of 600+ people how many black American's do you think would be supporting the oppositions policies?

Why is it when I say "non-whites" you think I am only referring to blacks? How many Latinos did you see there?

Well let's see we are up to AT LEAST 270 out of 600 and we haven't even included ASIANS yet so what is your point?

Fox broadcast the Palin address tonight. It was very well received by the group and captured what the party stands for and wants to acccomplish. The Tea Party wishes to be identified as:

1. A mainstream group of Independents.
2. Wanting a return to Constitutional government.
3. Supporting limited government.
4. Demanding fiscal conservatism.
5. Abandoning apologetic diplomacy.
6. Keeping a strong military.
7. Seeing power return to the people.

So does that mean they want to kick out the birthers, and the racists, and the Obama-is-Hitler types, and the rest of the kooks that are NOW in the movement?

lol, Palin trying to mock Obama for using a teleprompter while she's reading off notes written on her hand.

SNL is going to be pissed they didn't come up with that one for a skit.

Forum List

Back