Palin's Obama attacks spured increased death threats

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
t r u t h o u t | Palin Blamed for Death Threats Against Obama

Words matter as well as truth.

Sarah Palin's attacks on Barack Obama's patriotism provoked a spike in death threats against the future president, Secret Service agents revealed during the final weeks of the campaign.

The Republican vice presidential candidate attracted criticism for accusing Mr Obama of "palling around with terrorists", citing his association with the sixties radical William Ayers.

The attacks provoked a near lynch mob atmosphere at her rallies, with supporters yelling "terrorist" and "kill him" until the McCain campaign ordered her to tone down the rhetoric.

Sarah Palin's attacks on Barack Obama's patriotism provoked a spike in death threats against the future president, Secret Service agents revealed during the final weeks of the campaign.

The Republican vice presidential candidate attracted criticism for accusing Mr Obama of "palling around with terrorists", citing his association with the sixties radical William Ayers.

The attacks provoked a near lynch mob atmosphere at her rallies, with supporters yelling "terrorist" and "kill him" until the McCain campaign ordered her to tone down the rhetoric.

Those people who shouted whatever they shouted..
What makes you think they wouldn't have said that anyway?

lol and secret service admit to never hearing things like "terrorist" and "kill him"

Indeed. Even if heard, were not Palin but wingnuts.

Bottom line, there is nothing here. Even if there was, those complaining won and seem not to have received the memo.

Who Shall We Blame For Death Threats Against Bush? Doyathink? Hummmmm?

• Banned
Details of the spike in threats to Mr Obama come as a report last week by security and intelligence analysts Stratfor, warned that he is a high risk target for racist gunmen. It concluded: "Two plots to assassinate Obama were broken up during the campaign season, and several more remain under investigation. We would expect federal authorities to uncover many more plots to attack the president that have been hatched by white supremacist ideologues."

Irate John McCain aides, who blame Mrs Palin for losing the election, claim Mrs Palin took it upon herself to question Mr Obama's patriotism, before the line of attack had been cleared by Mr McCain.

Who Shall We Blame For Death Threats Against Bush? Doyathink? Hummmmm?

did I miss those? I mean I watch a lot of news and read even more and I haven't heard of this.. :confused:

oh but wait... if it happened against Obama it HAD to have happened against Bush because the left is SO much worse than the right :doubt:

I don't think we can hold Sarah Palin accountable for what some kooks may or may not have yelled at her rally. Some people may say that she incited that response, but I don't think so, since nearly all of the people did not respond in such an irrational way. Those kooks existed long before Sarah Palin made any campaign speeches, and so their irrational response was predisposed. So, I think the increased threats had more to do with the timing than anything else.

and more from the board heckler....

except no one's ever threatened to kill GWB... you guys called it hate every time someone wanted to ask him questions about anything. :cuckoo:

Really ? GWB never received a death threat ? I doubt that seriously but if you can link me up I'll believe you. TM is not questioning a damn thing. All the liberals preached for YEARS about the Bush administration was hate.
24/7 HATE. We seriously need a thead here to explain hypocrisy to those who don't understand it.

did I miss those? I mean I watch a lot of news and read even more and I haven't heard of this.. :confused:

oh but wait... if it happened against Obama it HAD to have happened against Bush because the left is SO much worse than the right :doubt:

do you honest to god think nobody threatened Bush's life. Really?

Read the article people.

The threats agains the Obama families lives INCREASED when she started calling him a terrorist by association.

and you asked about McCain threats over the same period of time, right? No? Why the F not? Oh yeah, stupid. End of cycle and tempers flare. Get a grip.

OP has a right to be heard in my opinion. Hatemongers exist on both sides, and Palin quite plainly did her best to spread the fire. However, let's suppose Colin Powell had run instead of John McCain. I am certain all kind of hatred slinging nuts would have attended Democratic rallies.

Palin was a trojan horse for the Democrats ... too bad, John McCain is a true American hero, and I contunue to respect the man despite his onerous campaign strategies, and of course ... the Palin factor.

Forum List

Back