Palin VP brings Roe v. Wade front and center

That's exactly Palin's stance on the issue. She supports abortion in the cases of risk to the mother's life, rape, and incest, just not as a means for birth control. She and I are completely in sync on that issue.

Can we get a link to where she said that? Because I find this interesting ...

Sarah Palin on Abortion - Pro-life
I am pro-life and I believe that marriage should only be between and man and a woman. I am opposed to any expansion of gambling in Alaska. Sarah Palin on Abortion

What confuses me is why she added .... I believe that marriage should only be between and man and a woman onto the question about "Abortion" ..... and "I am opposed to any expansion of gambling in Alaska." Say what??? What the hell is that all about :cuckoo:

The woman is just as :cuckoo: as McCain! :lol:

IMO, this is one of the biggest hypocrisies possible. If you believe an embryo is a living human, you should not abort it just because it is a product of rape or incest.

The rape issue for me is a gray area. If a girl was raped, there's emergency contraception. But I also understand that some girls are raped and don't report it because of fear and other mental anguishes. Also, younger girls who are raped by adults make it an even cloudier area, because they may not understand what could happen to them because of it.

In the case of incest, usually cases like this are a case of rape. So again, it's a gray area. It's hard to draw a line here.

But, it's pretty clear that my point on abortion is about taking responsibility for your actions. In the case of rape, no girl voluntarily gets raped, so she shouldn't be forced to carry a child because of it.

Again, my argument on abortion is that it's not birth control. It shouldn't be used so that every Janie Slut McCock can go to the clinic every time she gets fucked and doesn't use preventive measures.

Can we get a link to where she said that? Because I find this interesting ...

What confuses me is why she added .... I believe that marriage should only be between and man and a woman onto the question about "Abortion" ..... and "I am opposed to any expansion of gambling in Alaska." Say what??? What the hell is that all about :cuckoo:

The woman is just as :cuckoo: as McCain! :lol:

I'll have to dig around and find you a link. Everything I Googled yesterday has been pushed down a dozen pages because of all the VP stuff.

The website that the quote comes from is from Sarah Palin for Governor which now redirects to John McCain 2008 - John McCain for President, so I'm not sure why those things are in the same quote, either.

I'll have to dig around and find you a link. Everything I Googled yesterday has been pushed down a dozen pages because of all the VP stuff.

The website that the quote comes from is from Sarah Palin for Governor which now redirects to John McCain 2008 - John McCain for President, so I'm not sure why those things are in the same quote, either.

Good answer, bozo!

BTW .... the next time you "call me out on something" ...make sure you have all of your ducks in a row. :doubt:

Last edited:
The rape issue for me is a gray area. If a girl was raped, there's emergency contraception. But I also understand that some girls are raped and don't report it because of fear and other mental anguishes. Also, younger girls who are raped by adults make it an even cloudier area, because they may not understand what could happen to them because of it.

In the case of incest, usually cases like this are a case of rape. So again, it's a gray area. It's hard to draw a line here.

But, it's pretty clear that my point on abortion is about taking responsibility for your actions. In the case of rape, no girl voluntarily gets raped, so she shouldn't be forced to carry a child because of it.

Again, my argument on abortion is that it's not birth control. It shouldn't be used so that every Janie Slut McCock can go to the clinic every time she gets fucked and doesn't use preventive measures.
Abortion is taking responsibility for your actions.

It becomes clear to me that this is mostly a control issue for you.

While we're stereotyping-

not surprisingly, a good majority of the pro-Lifers are the same type of people that would pull social programs for single mothers who elect not to have an abortion. They see having a baby as punishment for sex.

If you are against abortion it is because you think that the fetus is a baby. Your rational for certain abortions defies logic. Why is one baby more importnat than another. You can't have it both ways. If you would kill one baby you have to kill them all. see how easy that is. You are actually pro choice and didn't know it. Thanks.

Next why is the girl a slut and the boy doing the fucking not a slut? This is a lopsided way of thinking. It is okay for the boy to screw but not the girl. Wow.If that is the case then who will he screw. Oh I understand. He can screw a boy that is okay because they are both boys. I see you support gay sex as well. Wow are you open. How enlightened you must be.

Originally Posted by jsanders

Most "rational" people do not consider abortion as a means of "birth control"! You must not be one of those "rational people" if that is what you think!

As far as your comment about the "slut" ... that just goes to show, once again, how utterly STUPID you are for even making a comment like that!

Is your conscience bothering you because of all those women you got pregnant ..... STUD???! See ... it works both ways .. name calling gets you no where! Jerk! :doubt:

If you are against abortion it is because you think that the fetus is a baby. Your rational for certain abortions defies logic. Why is one baby more importnat than another. You can't have it both ways. If you would kill one baby you have to kill them all. see how easy that is. You are actually pro choice and didn't know it. Thanks.
Ah, I never claimed to be pro-life, either. Thanks. I never said one baby is more important than another. I said there are some situations where I feel abortions are acceptable, and I don't think abortions should be handed out freely to every girl who didn't take preventive measures.

There are dozens of options available to men AND women to prevent pregnancy, including the 100% effective abstinence. There's no reason abortion should be used as birth control.

Next why is the girl a slut and the boy doing the fucking not a slut? This is a lopsided way of thinking. It is okay for the boy to screw but not the girl. Wow.If that is the case then who will he screw. Oh I understand. He can screw a boy that is okay because they are both boys. I see you support gay sex as well. Wow are you open. How enlightened you must be.

Interesting logic, really. But, it was you who so eloquently pointed out that girls make the decision to get abortions, and men are not involved. So, when I said "Janie Slut McCock" I was referring to the girl who walks into the clinic, since clearly the guy doesn't matter to you after that point.

As for gay sex, it doesn't phase me. Gays and lesbians are free to do as they please. You mistake me for a Bible thumping neocon, don't you?

Next, why is it that men have to make the decision to put the condom on, why do men have to decide not to have sex if they don't want the girl pregnant, why do men have to be the preventive one? Are women that helpless or so ignorant they can't make decisions for themselves to protect their bodies?

See how I flipped that? I'm tired of men being painted as sexual deviants and sexual predators while women are always painted as victims. They're both to blame for irresponsible behavior, and neither is more to blame than the other.

Jsanders, I'm not really sure how rape and incest could be considered gray areas but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since you've probably never been a victim of either one.

I'm curious, what is your position on RU486 or the morning after pill?

Most "rational" people do not consider abortion as a means of "birth control"! You must not be one of those "rational people" if that is what you think!

Then they will have no problem agreeing with me, instead of attacking me.

As far as your comment about the "slut" ... that just goes to show, once again, how utterly STUPID you are for even making a comment like that!

Explained above.

Is your conscience bothering you because of all those women you got pregnant ..... STUD???! See ... it works both ways .. name calling gets you no where! Jerk! :doubt:

....I wasn't aware that "stud" was meant to be an insult, granny.

No, abortion is ending the life of another to make life simpler for you.

abortion doesn't make one's life simpler by the way. Speaking as a woman who had to make that choice I can tell you 100% the choice was neither willy nilly nor simple and it's something I think about every day, eight years later. But it was a safe choice I was blessed to have available to me otherwise I would've left my 5 year old daughter without a mother.

Jsanders, I'm not really sure how rape and incest could be considered gray areas but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since you've probably never been a victim of either one.

I'm curious, what is your position on RU486 or the morning after pill?

I already said that emergency contraception is available to victims of rape.

Actually, that's where the gray area comes in. Because like I said, women who are raped have emergency contraception available that can prevent them even becoming pregnant. I wish that all women would use it the morning after, as the name implies.

BUT, I also know that rape is a traumatic event and that some women face PTSD after such a case, so they may have trouble coming to terms with the situation. I just hope they would realize what situation they may be in and take action soon instead of waiting a month and finding out they are pregnant.

Still, in the event of rape, I wouldn't oppose the abortion.

abortion doesn't make one's life simpler by the way. Speaking as a woman who had to make that choice I can tell you 100% the choice was neither willy nilly nor simple and it's something I think about every day, eight years later. But it was a safe choice I was blessed to have available to me otherwise I would've left my 5 year old daughter without a mother.

I have absolutely 100% no problem with women who choose abortion if their life is in danger, and I commend anyone who makes such a difficult decision.

Roe v. Wade makes campaign comeback - Decision '08 - MSNBC.com

Turn back the clock on women's rights? Hmmm...what about men's right to not have their babies murdered without their approval?

You really need to go back and read how YOU started all of this. The funny thing is that I agreed with you along the line ... that men should have the same right's.

You are just as much a troll as the next guy or gal. You just like to try to get people worked up by your stupidity .... and you did!

Mission accomplished! Move along to your next "flame bait" statement or question! :eusa_boohoo:

Thanks CA for turning a civil conversation into another flame topic. I appreciate your help, now kindly go away so the rest of us can continue our discussion.

All quotes jsanders:
Ah, I never claimed to be pro-life, either. Thanks. I never said one baby is more important than another. I said there are some situations where I feel abortions are acceptable, and I don't think abortions should be handed out freely to every girl who didn't take preventive measures.

Well to be pro life you have to be considering the fetus a baby. i said that before. If it is a baby that is being killed here there can be no time that is acceptable. There is no degree of acceptablity either. Or you are pro choice.

...There's no reason abortion should be used as birth control.

Most women that have abortions only have one in a lifetime. There are a few repeaters but they are in the minority. So it is not noramlly a method of Birth Control.

...You mistake me for a Bible thumping neocon, don't you?

I don't mistake you for anything. You are what you are. That is your right.

Next, why is it that men have to make the decision to put the condom on,

Because they are the one with the penis.

Why do men have to decide not to have sex if they don't want the girl pregnant, why do men have to be the preventive one? Are women that helpless or so ignorant they can't make decisions for themselves to protect their bodies?

Men more often then not depend on the woman to be using birth control. If he is so worried about whether the girl will have an abortion he better take the responsibility. If you were afraid you were going to lose your job you would do something about it wouldn't you? The one worried might take responisbilty for what he does with his penis.

See how I flipped that? I'm tired of men being painted as sexual deviants and sexual predators while women are always painted as victims. They're both to blame for irresponsible behavior, and neither is more to blame than the other.

I never painted men as deviants. I just wouldn't have sex with one is all.

You did in fact put words in my mouth on this one. I think that the man if he is that worried about the girl aborting the fetus better take responsibility.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back