Palin VP brings Roe v. Wade front and center

That's where we disagree. Men have rights too.

The man's right to choose should have come when he put the condom on. He also had a chance before to ask the woman if she got pregnant if she would have an abortion. Once she is with fetus growing in her body the next time he has rights is when he gets to see the baby if she has it.

The man's right to choose should have come when he put the condom on. He also had a chance before to ask the woman if she got pregnant if she would have an abortion. Once she is with fetus growing in her body the next time he has rights is when he gets to see the baby if she has it.

This was a long time ago. But I remember when it happened.
Man Sues Wife on Abortion Done Without His Knowing - New York Times

So I have to agree that men have rights too.

What a narrow-minded view, and completely sexist.

The man's right to choose should have come before he decided to engage in intercourse, period, because we all know condoms are not fully effective. So, even if a man takes that precaution, shit happens. If he doesn't want kids at all, a little snip-snip can take care of it for sure.

Guess what, the same goes for women. If a woman does not want to get pregnant, she can take birth control. Or, she could abstain. Or, she could have her tubes tied.

It works both ways.

Point being, once conception has occurred, women should not get the full decision-making power. What's growing inside of them half belongs to the man. It doesn't matter who then made the mistake, there's a child involved. If she doesn't want it, and he does, he should have it. If neither want it, there's adoption. Abortion is not a means for birth control, and never should be.

This one could be a loosing battle for the Republican's. Most people support woman's right to choose, but disapprove of using it as a form of birth control for irresponsibility. :eusa_whistle:

That's exactly Palin's stance on the issue. She supports abortion in the cases of risk to the mother's life, rape, and incest, just not as a means for birth control. She and I are completely in sync on that issue.

Let me repeat this again, Abortion protesting mean nothing because it demands nothing of the moralist, it is fake because you are not going to have to make the decision on whether and who will raise this child. It is too easy to preach about a potential child when a living one dies every few seconds. When I see the same people who protest abortion demanding food for all children, or supporting children here and across the world you will all cease being hypocrites till then I will repeat this ad infinitum. When UNICEF doesn't know what to do as hunger and death have been cured then we can work on education to prevent tragic mistakes.

How many abortion hypocrites protested the unnecessary deaths in Iraq that still go on? Or the deaths in Darfur? Abortion is a crutch for the morally lazy.

"Abolition of a woman's right to abortion, when and if she wants it, amounts to compulsory maternity: a form of rape by the State." Edward Abbey

That's exactly Palin's stance on the issue. She supports abortion in the cases of risk to the mother's life, rape, and incest, just not as a means for birth control. She and I are completely in sync on that issue.

"In a gubernatorial debate, Palin stated emphatically that her opposition to abortion was so great, so total, that even if her teenage daughter was impregnated by a rapist, she would "choose life" -- meaning apparently that she would not permit her daughter to have an abortion."

Not Every Woman Supports Women's Rights: Statement on Sarah Palin

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

Addendum to above:

A vote for John McCain is a vote against Polar Bears too.

Sarah Palin on the Issues

IMO, this is one of the biggest hypocrisies possible. If you believe an embryo is a living human, you should not abort it just because it is a product of rape or incest.

You have the problem of generalizing all men as pigs who don't take responsibility. If I were to get a woman pregnant, I have just as much right to the life inside her as she does. And I swear before the Lord himself that if a woman ever aborted a child of mine and I found out about it, I'd be all over that bitch like white on rice. I'd hire every lawyer I could find to sue the shit out of her. If she doesn't want the child, so be it. I'll take it and raise it on my own. I would have no problem doing such.

It's not my fault that women are the ones who carry our children. I didn't make it so. But that doesn't mean men don't have a right, either.

Palin is not opposed to abortion. She's opposed to abortion as a means for birth control, which is my sentiment exactly. People need to take responsibility for their actions. If you have sex without preventive measures, it's at your own risk. Birth control comes in plenty of free forms that don't involve killing a human being. Use those.

I'm not generalizing all men as pigs but even you have to admit that the likelyhood of a man walking away from a child he has fathered is greater than the likelyhood of him not walking away, especially if he is not married to the woman in question. The term DEAD BEAT DAD didn't spring up out of nowhere ya know.

I'm interested in the idea that you'd be "all over a woman like white on rice" if she dared terminate a pregnancy involving your sperm, what exactly would you sue her for? Destruction of private property? :cuckoo:

If you're married to the woman you make your sperm depsoit in, you have some rights, if you're not you are shit out of luck. Easy fix for that problem, don't have sex outside of marriage.

You're right you didn't make it so that women are the ones who carry the child and trust me, as a woman, I'd gladly allow you that opportunity. IF men carried the babies abortition would not only be legal it would be covered under every major health plan.

As for Palin, I didn't know much about her when McCain picked her but in what I've read about her she's a religious fanatic who doesn't believe in abortion even in the most dire of circumstances such as rape and incest.

and an FYI for you, the pill isn't 100% either. The only way to prevent pregnany 100% is not having sex, that goes for men AND women. so you stop having sex with women you aren't married to as the first step in preventing unwanted pregnancies and we're on our way to eliminating the need for abortions.

Also another FYI, doctor's won't tie a woman's tubes for her if she's never had children and if she has a child and wants them tied they won't do it if she's too young, because that procedure is permanent unlike the "snip snip" for the men. So, go get your shit snipped and then when you want to have babies have it reversed then you can save yourself the legal fees you might incur if some "bitch" gets pregnant by you and makes a decision you don't like.

By the by, I'm against abortion as a form of birth control. I think if you have an abortion they should automatically prescribe some form of birth control for you. I also think that late term abortions should only be in the case where the mother's life is at stake.

Or the right of children to not be killed willy-nilly?

Or the right of the woman to make a choice?

Ali, I know you hate all liberals, but I would venture that many people who are pro choice are not for willy nilly abortions of convenience. But your blanket condemnation is more in line with the the way the radical right argues or is it demagods?

a man AND woman's right to choose should have to come before the zipper decision to fuck. I love how one sided this issue is.

and, that fetus is NOT the woman's body. Genetics, yo.. enjoy the DNA facts.

Let me repeat this again, Abortion protesting mean nothing because it demands nothing of the moralist, it is fake because you are not going to have to make the decision on whether and who will raise this child. It is too easy to preach about a potential child when a living one dies every few seconds. When I see the same people who protest abortion demanding food for all children, or supporting children here and across the world you will all cease being hypocrites till then I will repeat this ad infinitum. When UNICEF doesn't know what to do as hunger and death have been cured then we can work on education to prevent tragic mistakes.

How many abortion hypocrites protested the unnecessary deaths in Iraq that still go on? Or the deaths in Darfur? Abortion is a crutch for the morally lazy.

"Abolition of a woman's right to abortion, when and if she wants it, amounts to compulsory maternity: a form of rape by the State." Edward Abbey

I did. Now. is there any other questions you'd like to ask?

and, what amounts to compulsory maternity is risking pregnancy when CHOOSING to fuck. same decision at the same pre-fucking stage for both parties.

a man AND woman's right to choose should have to come before the zipper decision to fuck. I love how one sided this issue is.

and, that fetus is NOT the woman's body. Genetics, yo.. enjoy the DNA facts.

The zipper is where a mans right ends. The woman can have an abortion. Abortion will not go away no matter how much you the anti abortionists stomp amd scream.

I'm not generalizing all men as pigs but even you have to admit that the likelyhood of a man walking away from a child he has fathered is greater than the likelyhood of him not walking away, especially if he is not married to the woman in question. The term DEAD BEAT DAD didn't spring up out of nowhere ya know.

That's the exact definition of generalizing.

I'm interested in the idea that you'd be "all over a woman like white on rice" if she dared terminate a pregnancy involving your sperm, what exactly would you sue her for? Destruction of private property? :cuckoo:

Emotional distress.

If you're married to the woman you make your sperm depsoit in, you have some rights, if you're not you are shit out of luck. Easy fix for that problem, don't have sex outside of marriage.

Oh, so men shouldn't have sex out of marriage. We have no rights for it. But if women want to fuck around outside of marriage, it's okay because they get to make all the decisions on the life of the child. Weak ass sexist argument you have there.

You're right you didn't make it so that women are the ones who carry the child and trust me, as a woman, I'd gladly allow you that opportunity. IF men carried the babies abortition would not only be legal it would be covered under every major health plan.

Yes, because abortions are expensive.

As for Palin, I didn't know much about her when McCain picked her but in what I've read about her she's a religious fanatic who doesn't believe in abortion even in the most dire of circumstances such as rape and incest.

Actually, I was wrong on the rape and incest part. I guess someone had posted some false information in an article. BUT, she is in favor of abortion if the life of the mother is at risk.

and an FYI for you, the pill isn't 100% either. The only way to prevent pregnany 100% is not having sex, that goes for men AND women. so you stop having sex with women you aren't married to as the first step in preventing unwanted pregnancies and we're on our way to eliminating the need for abortions.

How about women who don't want children stop having sex with me outside of marriage? Not that they're lining up or anything. :(

Also another FYI, doctor's won't tie a woman's tubes for her if she's never had children and if she has a child and wants them tied they won't do it if she's too young, because that procedure is permanent unlike the "snip snip" for the men. So, go get your shit snipped and then when you want to have babies have it reversed then you can save yourself the legal fees you might incur if some "bitch" gets pregnant by you and makes a decision you don't like.

It's not fun to hunt if there aren't any bullets in the gun.

Seriously though, reverse vasectomies aren't always effective, either. I'd rather not risk it since I do want kids somday.

By the by, I'm against abortion as a form of birth control. I think if you have an abortion they should automatically prescribe some form of birth control for you.

Yes, I agree. Unfortunately, I don't know that it would help. The girl probably wouldn't take it.

The zipper is where a mans right ends. The woman can have an abortion.

Such a feministic, sexist point of view. So when women say they want equal treatment, what they really mean is preferential treatment?

Forum List

Back