Palin tried to ban books

Bah! Jesus tap dancin' Christ, people!

:banghead:

It is a FACT that Sarah Palin asked the Wasilla librarian about banning books.

It is a FACT that she later tried to fire the librarian but the public rallied around the librarian and she kept her job.

The "list" of books is obviously bogus and it was nearly instantly discredited. Personally, I think it was conjured up by some rigthie in an effort to make the issue seem absurd or even made up. That the forum pube brought it up further cements my theory in my mind.

The issue here is that she did IN FACT ask about banning books. Not taking them off a school's reading list as was discussed earlier but actually banning books from a town's public library. I don't think it was an innocent question. This goes right along with her ridiculous position on abortion, gay rights, etc ... she's a hard right, bible thumping, social conservative. It's no wonder that she energized the base.

It is a FACT that she later tried to fire the librarian but the public rallied around the librarian and she kept her job.

The "list" of books is obviously bogus and it was nearly instantly discredited. Personally, I think it was conjured up by some rigthie in an effort to make the issue seem absurd or even made up. That the forum pube brought it up further cements my theory in my mind.

and that is what we on the right have been saying, but these morons on your side keep getting it wrong

;)

The issue here is that she did IN FACT ask about banning books. Not taking them off a school's reading list as was discussed earlier but actually banning books from a town's public library. I don't think it was an innocent question. This goes right along with her ridiculous position on abortion, gay rights, etc ... she's a hard right, bible thumping, social conservative. It's no wonder that she energized the base.

not really, she asked about the procedure should a constituent ASK HER

Last edited:

Bingo!

All of it.

wow, she asked a question!!

you're right, that's a sure sign of fascism.

OMG! She asked questions about banning books?
Heaven's to Betsy, she IS the anti-Christ.

I believe we have had discussions here about book banning...I guess every person who asked a question or offered up information in THAT thread is pro-book banning, as well.

What a tempest in a teapot. You guys are out of material, that's all this is.

Good for Palin!!!

Some books need to be banned.

She didn't ban any.
She cut the $$ being spent on the library and it caused a rift, which she remedied by firing the librarian, I do believe.

They pow wowed and she re-instated the librarian in all her glory.

Librarians can be a persnickety bunch, I must say.

Forum List

Back