Palin... Palin... Palin...

I think you've all lost site of the subject matter. The real question is how PC do we want the USA to be?

I say fuck a bunch of P.C. If some politician says to take aim on a district or a race, then they are not talking about shooting someone, and everyone knows that. At least anyone with an ounce of sense knows it.

And to complain about any one person or any one side using any type of language is just as stupid when we all know that both left and right have used the same BS many times.

I could go on, but what's the use? No one is going to listen anyway.
It's not "PC" as much as it is a matter of taste. A political message is a sales pitch. A plea to 'buy' a policy, a position on an issue or a candidate. Even though the vast majority of folks don't take cross hairs on targeted congressmen literally, it still has an effect.

This summer at town hall meetings, congressmen and senators faced literal anger from the constituency wooed by Sarah Palin. We then saw pictures of Sarah's Tea Party folks with handguns strapped to their hips. And Sarah had those cross hairs on her website calling for her followers to not retreat, reload.

Now, I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the millions of responsible sportsmen and marksmen who are safety first in their use of guns. I would never advocate any restriction on their weapons. But Ollie, after Columbine and dozens of other sad schools, workplaces, post offices, homes, streets, ghettos, churches and museums, do you think using gun culture is the most savvy move? I mean, what has gun culture done for us lately? The next idea would have Todd lighting two cigarettes and handing one to Sarah like Paul Henreid and Bette Davis.

That's just it, it's all anti Palin when it's done by everyone. How many times has it been mentioned, only to be ignored that Obama was just as guilty with his knife vs gun fight? Or telling Hispanics to punish their enemies. Pointing the finger is just that. It's ridiculous, and changing the use of words like targeting or even crosshairs seems like nothing but PC to me. Of course I have a different background than most people. And I'm about as hard headed as they come.

Not since the Romans can one find a government that even enters the realm of carnage, war, and genocide that is Germany.

shall we do a bodycount of the american direct genocide victims, starting from slavery over the exradiation of the indians over the collateral victims in korea, cambodia and vietnam to the killed civilians in iraq and afghanistan? And shall we talk about the indirect victims of american policy, the killed and assasinated elected presidents of south america, the providing of the dictators in the middle east? Even Clinton stands in blood up to the knees when he bombed this factory in sudan without any reason.

Yes we should do a body count, as you have just done. Slavery, ended by the founding of the USA.

Indians, victims of European tyranny and immigration.

Korea, victims of Marxism.

Cambodia, victims of Marxism.

Vietnam, victims of Marxism.

Iraq, victims of Islam

Afghanistan, victims of Islam.

South America, Marxism

Dictators in the Middle East?

Clinton, why did you not mention the train he blew up filled with woman and children, the train in Serbia?

Pick a topic, it looks like you read to much Zinn.

Walter Cronkite singlehandedly turned the nation against the Vietnam War, didn't he?

Haven't I heard that story many a time?

How is that possible if what is said publicly, by public figures, in the media,

can't influence anyone's behaviour???

Your comparing the media of the 1960's to today. Let me think, no AM talk radio. I believe we had a total of three channels to choose from on Television.

Of course I never heard that Walter Cronkite singlehandedly turned the nation against the Vietnam War, I guess if your a Liberal you want to believe your people have that kind of power. Maybe that is why the left is so frustrated, they lost power so now they scream like lunatics.

You, ......and those like you, ... are the scum that keeps the nation divided.

Absolute crap...the kind of empty rhetoric that the likes of Beck and Palin spew is what is dividing your country.

Civil discourse has gone the way of the dodo. From the second Obama took office you guys have been going at him hammer and tongs. You did the same with Clinton. Lee Atwater was your guy, and I put the blame fairly and squarely on him (backed up later by Karl Rove) for the gutter politics that now pollute the US. The sad but funny thing is, to guys like Rove and Atwater it's just one big game. After all, they live(d) in their ivory towers, and none of the policies they champion will ever affect them...but you get the right wing trailer trash - who bear the brunt of these policies - getting fucked up the arse, and all the while thanking their right wing heroes for doing so, then blaming the left for the aftermath....

We will do the same with any criminal or Marxist.

Clinton, Clinton refused to allow the FBI to do security investigations on personal working in the White House, at least until whats his name was found murdered. Clinton also fired the Travel office workers and began an investigation by the FBI as a cover up.

The rest of your post is pretty much just a rant, nothing to address.

Though Sarah Palin is in no way responsible for the mental state or actions of Loughner, she is reaping what she sowed, IMO.

She has made a living the last two years by stirring the pot and using lots of gun imagery and hints of armed revolution in her rhetoric. Congresswoman Giffords is on record speaking about Palin and the gun sight on her district ... it's eerie to watch.

Now, in light of Palins choice of words and inmagery, and the outcry from Congresswoman Giffords regarding Palin's imagery and rhetoric puts Palin in the uncomfortable position of having to defend what she has said and written. Whether one thinks it is fair or not, thems the breaks and that's what happens when you play with fire.

Perhaps in the future she will choose her words more carefully.

Somehow, I doubt it.

You, ......and those like you, ... are the scum that keeps the nation divided.

Absolute crap...the kind of empty rhetoric that the likes of Beck and Palin spew is what is dividing your country.

Civil discourse has gone the way of the dodo. From the second Obama took office you guys have been going at him hammer and tongs. You did the same with Clinton. Lee Atwater was your guy, and I put the blame fairly and squarely on him (backed up later by Karl Rove) for the gutter politics that now pollute the US. The sad but funny thing is, to guys like Rove and Atwater it's just one big game. After all, they live(d) in their ivory towers, and none of the policies they champion will ever affect them...but you get the right wing trailer trash - who bear the brunt of these policies - getting fucked up the arse, and all the while thanking their right wing heroes for doing so, then blaming the left for the aftermath....

We will do the same with any criminal or Marxist.

Clinton, Clinton refused to allow the FBI to do security investigations on personal working in the White House, at least until whats his name was found murdered. Clinton also fired the Travel office workers and began an investigation by the FBI as a cover up.

The rest of your post is pretty much just a rant, nothing to address.

1) Thanks for admitting you are part of the problem, not the solution.
2) Clinton also appointed a special prosecutor, who spent $70 million on a blow job. You think Bush would do the same with regard to intel of WMDs in Iraq?
3) Never knew your were a conspiracy nut as well as a neo con whackjob. We all have our crosses to bear I guess...

Last edited:
Not since the Romans can one find a government that even enters the realm of carnage, war, and genocide that is Germany.

shall we do a bodycount of the american direct genocide victims, starting from slavery over the exradiation of the indians over the collateral victims in korea, cambodia and vietnam to the killed civilians in iraq and afghanistan? And shall we talk about the indirect victims of american policy, the killed and assasinated elected presidents of south america, the providing of the dictators in the middle east? Even Clinton stands in blood up to the knees when he bombed this factory in sudan without any reason.

Yes we should do a body count, as you have just done. Slavery, ended by the founding of the USA.

Iraq, victims of Islam

South America, Marxism

Clinton, why did you not mention the train he blew up filled with woman and children, the train in Serbia?

lol, "Slavery, ended by the founding of the USA."

Iraq, victims of Islam

South America, Marxism

Yeah, seriously. What history books have you been reading? Do you honestly believe there was no slavery in America Mdn? How about the enslavement of Africans? Did you hear anything about that???

Here, I'll give you a little help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_the_United_States

------------------
Slavery in the United States was a form of unfree labor which existed as a legal institution in North America for more than a century before the founding of the United States in 1776, and continued mostly in the South until the passage of the Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution in 1865.[1] The first English colony in North America, Virginia, first imported Africans in 1619, a practice earlier established in the Spanish colonies as early as the 1560s.[2] Most slaves were black and were held by whites, although some Native Americans and free blacks also held slaves; there were a small number of white slaves as well.[3] Slavery spread to the areas where there was good-quality soil for large plantations of high-value cash crops, such as tobacco, cotton, sugar, and coffee. The majority of slaveholders were in the southern United States, where most slaves were engaged in a work-gang system of agriculture. Such large groups of slaves were thought to work more efficiently if directed by a managerial class called overseers, usually white men.
Before the widespread establishment of chattel slavery (outright ownership of a human being, and of his/her descendants), much labor was organized under a system of bonded labor known as indentured servitude. This typically lasted for several years for white and black alike. People paid with their labor for the costs of transport to the colonies. They contracted for such arrangements because of poor economies in their home countries.[4] By the 18th century, colonial courts and legislatures had racialized slavery, essentially creating a caste system in which slavery applied nearly exclusively to Black Africans and people of African descent, and occasionally to Native Americans. Spain prohibited slavery of Native Americans in its territories in 1769.
From the 16th to the 19th centuries, an estimated 12 million Africans were shipped as slaves to the Americas. (see Slavery in the Americas)[5][6] Of these, an estimated 645,000 were brought to what is now the United States.[7]
By the 1860 United States Census, the slave population in the United States had grown to four million.[8]
Slavery was a contentious issue in the politics of the United States from the 1770s through the 1860s, becoming a topic of debate in the drafting of the Constitution; a subject of Federal legislation such as the ban on the trans-Atlantic slave trade and the Fugitive Slave Act of 1850; and a subject of landmark Supreme Court cases, such as the Dred Scott decision. Slaves resisted the institution through rebellions and non-compliance, and escaped it through travel to non-slave states and Canada, facilitated by the Underground Railroad. Advocates of abolitionism engaged in moral and political debates, and encouraged the creation of Free Soil states as Western expansion proceeded. Slavery was a principal issue leading to the American Civil War. After the Union prevailed in the war, slavery was made illegal throughout the United States with the adoption of the Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution.[9] A few instances of enslavement of Indians by other Indians persisted in the following years. In the South, practices of slavery shaped the institutions of convict leasing and sharecropping. Illegal enslavement of captive workers, often immigrants, has occurred into the 21st century in nations across the world.

Last edited:

Iraq, victims of Islam

South America, Marxism

Yeah, seriously. What history books have you been reading? Do you honestly believe there was no slavery in America Mdn? How about the enslavement of Africans? Did you hear anything about that???

you talking to me?:confused:

Forum List

Back