Palin on O'Reilly. What is she talking about!

It is really sad seeing people scamble to protect the image of a person who has so little to offer the country.

I was going to reply to this topic, but California Girl and Samson made all my points, so I will just refer you to their posts.

But I do think it speaks volumes that they do fear her so much. Her ideas do resonate with large numbers of people, and she is charming and fun.

What are her idea? If they resonate with you then what are they?

Can we just clarify one thing..... Palin is not running for POTUS! What the hell difference does it make what she does, says or thinks? If she runs, then have a debate but this obsession makes the liberals look seriously OCD.

Because she represents a central mindset of a large number of conservatives and conservatives are central to the republican party. This is why she is a principle topic. Ideology is what makes our political system and if we are going to stand there and insist that 'ours' represents 'average' then you become fair game for the rest of the averages out there. This also applies to Obama and the far left because it is total pretense for any 'slice' of political ideology to think it is indicative of average.

The real average out there just wishes everyone would shut up....

Sarah's words leave marks on you folks. If she was as irrelevant as you say, you wouldn't care.

I think the OP mashed up the quote. But what was said is a pretty good zinger. She is the one pointing out the elites are morally and intellectually naked.

(And she never said from her house. But on a CAVU day, you can see across the Beiring Strait. Which is nowhere as narrow as some of the minds here.)

First, who are the elites? Second, where does she point out they are morally and intellectually naked?

Elites are the protectors of the bloated Beaurocracy that believe they are relevant to the average American Tax Payer.

They are Morally Naked because they know their Government Job is Made Work, but refuse to get their fucking hands out of my pockets.

They are Intellectually Naked because they believe the Average American doesn't realize we are being robbed, and cannot decrease the size of Government to reduce their losses

So THAT'S who the "elites" are. I was wondering. Yea, that identifies them very clearly. The are certainly easy to identify from that description.

I can see I was mistaken. Usually, when rubes take over a government, like in Germany, Russia or China, the first people to go are the "elites". Only they had a different definition. Elites in those countries were the educated, scientists, doctors, writers, playwrights. In Cambodia, they even took out those that wore "glasses", in case they were educated.

I believe that when Sarah Palin talks about the "elite", those are the people she is talking about. Not some vague bureaucrats, but the educated. Remember, this woman believes in "witchcraft" and "ID". She is as dumb as a box of rocks, but infinitely more dangerous.

Bush was also dumb. What made him so bad was that he was manipulated by far right neocons who convinced him that he would spread democracy all around the world. But those neocons don't believe in democracy themselves. Which is what made it so tragic for Bush. Bush might even figure it out one day, and if he does, he will be filled with regret. I suspect that won't ever happen. He is simply too shallow, but not as shallow as Sarah Palin. With her, it's almost impossible to follow along. She mangles language.

Last edited by a moderator:
The left continues to paint her as an insignificant amusement, yet millions of people are reading her book,

Anyone want to take a shot at the book? Oh that's right. They won't read it.

The left continues to paint her as an insignificant amusement, yet millions of people are reading her book,

If I viewed her as insignificant I would have never started the thread and I will treat her book the same as every other politicians...as soon as it hits the used book store I give it a read.

Of course they won't read it. They might actually learn something! That would breach the liberal Commandment 2 "Thou shalt not think any thought not provided by the Messiah".

What are her idea? If they resonate with you then what are they?

Can we just clarify one thing..... Palin is not running for POTUS! What the hell difference does it make what she does, says or thinks? If she runs, then have a debate but this obsession makes the liberals look seriously OCD.

Because she represents a central mindset of a large number of conservatives and conservatives are central to the republican party. This is why she is a principle topic. Ideology is what makes our political system and if we are going to stand there and insist that 'ours' represents 'average' then you become fair game for the rest of the averages out there. This also applies to Obama and the far left because it is total pretense for any 'slice' of political ideology to think it is indicative of average.

She represents jack shit - except for in the mind of a few Palinites and a lot of drooling savants on the left.

She represents jack shit - except for in the mind of a few Palinites and a lot of drooling savants on the left.

The few "Palinites" you refer to number in the millions and likely make the majority of conservatives in the republican party. Like it or not this makes her a central topic and until conservatives drop her fair game for the "savants on the left."

OK, to concede Peter's main point.... I like her. I like her a lot. My first choice right now would be either Steve Forbes or Fred Thompson. Would I vote for her over a lot of other guys, sure. She says what I want to hear. Cool.
Has she much of a prayer? I don't really believe so. I think, like me, most Republicans consider her a very good third choice. I mean, no way would I vote for Ron Paul or Huckabee. If she were the nominee I would have no problem voting for her, like I did for McCain.

Now as the vague generalities, I think 0bama has set the record for vagueness during a campaign that no one else can match. because of the way we do things, there is no way a politician can make iron promises until he has won the election. I know where she is coming from, I know what her basic ideas are, specificis will have to wait until January 2013.

The few "Palinites" you refer to number in the millions and likely make the majority of conservatives in the republican party. Like it or not this makes her a central topic and until conservatives drop her fair game for the "savants on the left."

"... and likely make the majority of conservatives in the republican party." So, in fact, you know jack shit.

Last edited:
Palin has her right wing constituency of about 25% of voters. She can count on these voters in a primary. Beyond that, she has very little appeal with moderates who do not buy into her talking points.

I hope she gets the Republican nod....I really do

Last edited:
Palin has her right wing constituency of about 25% of voters. She can count on these voters in a primary. Beyond that, she has very little appeal with moderates who do not buy into her one liners.

I hope she gets the Republican nod....I really do

Palin is in pretty much the same place that Thatcher and Reagan were in 1977. I remember liberals saying the same thing about both of them back then.

Be very careful what you wish for. It may come true and bite you in the ass.

I believe that when Sarah Palin talks about the "elite", those are the people she is talking about. Not some vague bureaucrats, but the educated. Remember, this woman believes in "witchcraft" and "ID". She is as dumb as a box of rocks, but infinitely more dangerous.
...... He is simply too shallow, but not as shallow as Sarah Palin. With her, it's almost impossible to follow along. She mangles language.

I haven't read Palin's book and probably will not........unless.....

Unless..... I continue to hear more about what people think she says.

I don't need to depend on other's opinions to determine how "dumb" or "shallow" anyone is, or whether or not she's talking about "vague beaurocrats" or the vaugly "educated."

But what it really boils down to is this: I don't care. If Micky Mouse and Donald Duck could committ to SUBSTANTIALLY reducing the Federal Budget, then I'd vote for them.

I'm sure "she wrote" a fantastic book.

I'm still waiting to see if they ask Obama if he knows what the Bush Doctrine is, and if he agrees with it...........

;)

Forum List

Back