Palin on O'Reilly. What is she talking about!

PeterS

Sep 7, 2008
I was recently catching up on the news and ran across the part three interview of Palin on the O’Reilly Factor. The clip starts with a David Brooks quote “She's a joke. I mean, I just can't take her seriously. We've got serious problems in the country.” which leads O’Reilly to say, “What is it about you that brings out these strong negative emotions?” Palin responds, “If there is a threat at all that perhaps I represent, it is that the average, everyday hardworking American, their voice is going to be heard and their — what our voice is saying right now is we're telling the federal government and we're telling the elites who think that they are — can and should call all the shots for all the rest of us, trust us, and that we know what our federal government's role is supposed to be in our lives. It's supposed to be minimal.”

Palin, of course, misses it. She doesn’t represent the average but the below average and we just went through 8 years of that wherein lies the negative response to Palin. And just what is Palin talking about? She refers to “minimal government” , “elites” , and bureaucrats but gives zero examples of what she means. What is minimal government? Does she think government is minimal with an INS agent and Homeland Security agent on every corner or with government policing our reproduction and whom we marry? The below average she represents thinks so. And the elites in our bureaucracy? Government bureaucracy carries over largely unchanged from administration to administration. Who and what is she talking about? Is she going to eliminate college educated department heads and replace them with dumb and dumber Joe the Plumbers or is she going to eliminate entire agencies? What is it?

Palin doesn’t represent the average but the average far right conservative, which isn’t average at all. She lives in a world of vague generalities and absurd cliche's. She is a mental lightweight surface feeding knuckle dragger who represents the worst that is a part of America. She is indicative of how ignorance leads to arrogance which her notion that she represents the average so blatantly displays...

Please don't speak harshly about Sarah Palin. She's my secret sweetie. I'm in love with her because she knows how to field dress a moose and because she can see Russia from her house. I consider those important qualities in a lover...

Sarah's words leave marks on you folks. If she was as irrelevant as you say, you wouldn't care.

I think the OP mashed up the quote. But what was said is a pretty good zinger. She is the one pointing out the elites are morally and intellectually naked.

(And she never said from her house. But on a CAVU day, you can see across the Beiring Strait. Which is nowhere as narrow as some of the minds here.)

Palin doesn’t represent the average but the average far right conservative, which isn’t average at all. She lives in a world of vague generalities and absurd cliche's. ...

What a compelling arguement you make?

O'Reilly: “What is it about you that brings out these strong negative emotions?”

Palin: "We know what our federal government's role is supposed to be in our lives. It's supposed to be minimal.”

The question is: How can you not understand such a simple message? What is "absurd" about her opinion? I see nothing more "vague" or "general" contained in her statement than written into the US Constitution.

What is interesting is how upsetting this opinion is to the academia surrounding state and federal government, whose jobs it is to expand the social welfare state.

Last edited:
Sarah's words leave marks on you folks. If she was as irrelevant as you say, you wouldn't care.

I think the OP mashed up the quote. But what was said is a pretty good zinger. She is the one pointing out the elites are morally and intellectually naked.

(And she never said from her house. But on a CAVU day, you can see across the Beiring Strait. Which is nowhere as narrow as some of the minds here.)

First, who are the elites? Second, where does she point out they are morally and intellectually naked?

First, who are the elites? Second, where does she point out they are morally and intellectually naked?

Speaking of Elites....did you know she fly's to get to her bus, right before she stoped for her book tour.

Rubes.

Elites are the protectors of the bloated Beaurocracy that believe they are relevant to the average American Tax Payer.

They are Morally Naked because they know their Government Job is Made Work, but refuse to get their fucking hands out of my pockets.

They are Intellectually Naked because they believe the Average American doesn't realize we are being robbed, and cannot decrease the size of Government to reduce their losses

Why is the left and their minions in the MSM so fixated on Palin when Pelosi and Biden are bigger idiots, and even easier to lampoon? Oh, because Biden & Pelosi are democrats and are 2nd and 3rd in-line for the presidency.
Palin has no chance of getting the GOP nomination, and less of a chance of raising the mega-bucks needed to compete in 2012. She's a place-holder for the GOP until the primaries get started in 2011.

Why is the left and their minions in the MSM so fixated on Palin when Pelosi and Biden are bigger idiots, and even easier to lampoon? Oh, because Biden & Pelosi are democrats and are 2nd and 3rd in-line for the presidency.
Palin has no chance of getting the GOP nomination, and less of a chance of raising the mega-bucks needed to compete in 2012. She's a place-holder for the GOP until the primaries get started in 2011.

Indeed.

But, apparently the ObamaPelosiWelfareState is balanced so precariously that "a mental lightweight surface feeding knuckle dragger who represents the worst that is a part of America" can be a serious threat.

I was recently catching up on the news and ran across the part three interview of Palin on the O’Reilly Factor. The clip starts with a David Brooks quote “She's a joke. I mean, I just can't take her seriously. We've got serious problems in the country.” which leads O’Reilly to say, “What is it about you that brings out these strong negative emotions?” Palin responds, “If there is a threat at all that perhaps I represent, it is that the average, everyday hardworking American, their voice is going to be heard and their — what our voice is saying right now is we're telling the federal government and we're telling the elites who think that they are — can and should call all the shots for all the rest of us, trust us, and that we know what our federal government's role is supposed to be in our lives. It's supposed to be minimal.”

Palin, of course, misses it. She doesn’t represent the average but the below average and we just went through 8 years of that wherein lies the negative response to Palin. And just what is Palin talking about? She refers to “minimal government” , “elites” , and bureaucrats but gives zero examples of what she means. What is minimal government? Does she think government is minimal with an INS agent and Homeland Security agent on every corner or with government policing our reproduction and whom we marry? The below average she represents thinks so. And the elites in our bureaucracy? Government bureaucracy carries over largely unchanged from administration to administration. Who and what is she talking about? Is she going to eliminate college educated department heads and replace them with dumb and dumber Joe the Plumbers or is she going to eliminate entire agencies? What is it?

Palin doesn’t represent the average but the average far right conservative, which isn’t average at all. She lives in a world of vague generalities and absurd cliche's. She is a mental lightweight surface feeding knuckle dragger who represents the worst that is a part of America. She is indicative of how ignorance leads to arrogance which her notion that she represents the average so blatantly displays...

Here's my problem with what you say. You can't decide who she speaks on behalf of... that is for each individual to decide for themselves.

She does not speak for me, but I am smart enough to recognize that she may well speak for a substantial amount of ordinary Americans - not necessarily those of below average IQ. Your problem is you think that anyone who disagrees with you has a below average IQ. That's because you're not smart enough to recognize that people have a right to hold their own opinion... that opinion doesn't make them stupid.

Palin doesn’t represent the average but the average far right conservative, which isn’t average at all. She lives in a world of vague generalities and absurd cliche's. ...

O'Reilly: “What is it about you that brings out these strong negative emotions?”

Palin: "We know what our federal government's role is supposed to be in our lives. It's supposed to be minimal.”

The question is: How can you not understand such a simple message? What is "absurd" about her opinion? I see nothing more "vague" or "general" contained in her statement than written into the US Constitution.

What is interesting is how upsetting this opinion is to the academia surrounding state and federal government, whose jobs it is to expand the social welfare state.

Because the intellect she represents doesn't propose a minimal government. You cannot deport every illegal alien without a vastly expanded INS nor increase Homeland Security without expansion and expecting government to police our reproduction and whom we marry is anything but minimal. If she actually believes in minimal government then what is it? Is she talking about eliminating SS, Medicare/Medicare, Healthcare, Education, regulation of banking and commerce? What is it. She never says.

And when you say constitution...do you mean postal roads and navy. That is just about the only thing the constitution permanently funds. Do you really think your vagueness is a defense of hers?

Speaking of Elites....did you know she fly's to get to her bus, right before she stoped for her book tour.

Rubes.

Zonedout, do you have problems retaining factual information? The fucking book tour was organized and paid for by her publishers. They make the arrangements - they decide what transport is used, when and where to... It has nothing to do with Palin - she just gets told what arrangements have been made.

There are plenty of issues on which to legitimately attack Palin... Why can not one fucking liberal come up with the legitimate stuff? Are none of you intelligent enough to work out where her legitimate weak points are? If I felt so inclinded I could argue her supporters into the ground on really legitimate fact based issues. Why can not one of you do the same?

Because the intellect she represents doesn't propose a minimal government. You cannot deport every illegal alien without a vastly expanded INS nor increase Homeland Security without expansion and expecting government to police our reproduction and whom we marry is anything but minimal. If she actually believes in minimal government then what is it? Is she talking about eliminating SS, Medicare/Medicare, Healthcare, Education, regulation of banking and commerce? What is it. She never says.

And when you say constitution...do you mean postal roads and navy. That is just about the only thing the constitution permanently funds. Do you really think your vagueness is a defense of hers?

No she doesn't spell it out for you.

Frankly, yes I'd be delighted if our Federal Government only funded a small military, built roads, and ran a postal service within a budget. But I'm not that optimistic.

So, Palin could be discussing simply maintaining the size of government? This too would make me happy. But I'm not this pessimistic.

Finally, She could be discussing DECREASING the size of our government's budget. If so, then I'm happy.

See, EVERYTHING makes me happy except INCREASING the Budget of the US Government.

Yes this is vauge, but I couldn't give a flying fuck HOW it is done, I just want someone to fucking DO IT, and stop waiting for poll results, or wind direction to be more favorable, to clean up the goddamn mess.

Here's my problem with what you say. You can't decide who she speaks on behalf of... that is for each individual to decide for themselves.

She does not speak for me, but I am smart enough to recognize that she may well speak for a substantial amount of ordinary Americans - not necessarily those of below average IQ. Your problem is you think that anyone who disagrees with you has a below average IQ. That's because you're not smart enough to recognize that people have a right to hold their own opinion... that opinion doesn't make them stupid.

How are you drawing that conclusion? Palin continually says she represents 'average'. She doesn't. She represents a click of small thinking individuals...their IQ I have no idea and is irrelevant. Government has function. If you want it minimal then you have to actually reduce that function. So what are the departments, agencies, and individuals she is going to eliminate? Isn't that a fair question? Does that mean I think those who support her stupid? No. Palin is ignorant as are those that support her. Stupidity and ignorance are often shared but not the same...

I was going to reply to this topic, but California Girl and Samson made all my points, so I will just refer you to their posts.

But I do think it speaks volumes that they do fear her so much. Her ideas do resonate with large numbers of people, and she is charming and fun.

How are you drawing that conclusion? Palin continually says she represents 'average'. She doesn't. She represents a click of small thinking individuals...their IQ I have no idea and is irrelevant. Government has function. ...

Clique.

You meant to say that "She represents a clique of small thinking individuals....":razz:

BTW, I always think it funny when someone mocks another's intelligence, but can't write a coherent sentence them self.

No she doesn't spell it out for you.

Frankly, yes I'd be delighted if our Federal Government only funded a small military, built roads, and ran a postal service within a budget. But I'm not that optimistic.

So, Palin could be discussing simply maintaining the size of government? This too would make me happy. But I'm not this pessimistic.

Finally, She could be discussing DECREASING the size of our government's budget. If so, then I'm happy.

See, EVERYTHING makes me happy except INCREASING the Budget of the US Government.

Yes this is vauge, but I couldn't give a flying fuck HOW it is done, I just want someone to fucking DO IT, and stop waiting for poll results, or wind direction to be more favorable, to clean up the goddamn mess.

She could also be talking about the rocks in her head. Thanks for making the point of the OP. So tell me, how are you going to vaguely reduce the size of government?

Forum List

Back