Palin: ‘Jewish Settlements Should Expand,’ Even In Palestinian Areas

In an interview with ABC’s Barbara Walters, former Alaska governor Sarah Palin separated herself from decades of U.S. policy — which has held that Israel’s settlements in the Occupied Territories are illegitimate and an impediment to peace — saying that she thinks “Jewish settlements should be allowed to be expand”:

Well, what has "decades of U.S. policy" done for anyone here? The Israelis conquered the territory. They control it. They administer it. Why is it the US's role to dictate what they can and cannot do with it? Does Canada tell us what we can and can't do with territory acquired in the Mexican War?
It's their country, let them do what they want.

I suppose you are not aware that the entire body of international law disagrees with you on that one ... There is the legal Israeli state, and then there are the illegal Israeli settlements on Palestinian territories of West Bank and Gaza - few of which have been dismantled by Sharon himself. Making the US/Mexican war comparison makes about as much sense as giving Sudetenland back to Germans (or any other pieces of land it lost after WWII).

In an interview with ABC’s Barbara Walters, former Alaska governor Sarah Palin separated herself from decades of U.S. policy — which has held that Israel’s settlements in the Occupied Territories are illegitimate and an impediment to peace — saying that she thinks “Jewish settlements should be allowed to be expand”:

WALTERS: The Obama administration does not want Israel to build any more settlements on what they consider Palestinian territory. What is your view on this?

PALIN: I disagree with the Obama administration on that. I believe that the Jewish settlements should be allowed to be expanded upon, because that population of Israel is, is going to grow. More and more Jewish people will be flocking to Israel in the days and weeks and months ahead. And I don’t think that the Obama administration has any right to tell Israel that the Jewish settlements cannot expand.

WALTERS: Even if it’s [in] Palestinian areas?

PALIN: I believe that the Jewish settlements should be allowed to be expand.

Not only does Palin disagree with the Obama administration on that, she also disagrees with the Bush administration, whose 2002 “roadmap for peace” called for a settlement freeze. In fact, every U.S. administration since Israel’s occupation of the West Bank and Gaza began in 1967 has opposed Israel’s building of settlements, which are held to be illegal under the Fourth Geneva Convention

This includes the one and only Ronald Reagan.

As for that convention:

Article 49. The Occupying Power shall not deport or transfer parts of its own civilian population into the territory it occupies.

Discuss.

why did this question even come up? to palin? hahaha

Explanation simple on thisJoo issue with Palin.
She is a devout Assembly Of God Chruch member. The AOG believe the Joo's to be the right hand of God and can do no wrong.

Very simple explanation.

I was forced to spend the first 16 years of my life in the AOG church.

HOLY SHIT!?!?! YOU MEAN A STANDARD ISSUE REPUBLICAN IS OVERTLY TRYING TO STROKE ZIONISM?

Say it ain't SO, JOE!

Well, what has "decades of U.S. policy" done for anyone here? The Israelis conquered the territory. They control it. They administer it. Why is it the US's role to dictate what they can and cannot do with it? Does Canada tell us what we can and can't do with territory acquired in the Mexican War?

I suppose you are not aware that the entire body of international law disagrees with you on that one ... There is the legal Israeli state, and then there are the illegal Israeli settlements on Palestinian territories of West Bank and Gaza - few of which have been dismantled by Sharon himself. Making the US/Mexican war comparison makes about as much sense as giving Sudetenland back to Germans (or any other pieces of land it lost after WWII).

What about those illegal French settlements in Alsace Lorraine? Or illegal Polish settlements in Silesia?

What about those illegal French settlements in Alsace Lorraine? Or illegal Polish settlements in Silesia?

YEA! SOMETHING SOMEWHERE ELSE VALIDATES ANYTHING A JEW WANTS TO DO!

:rofl:

Gawd what a stupid bitch.

Yep. That about sums it up.

I propose an expansion of Jewish settlements into Wasilla, Alaska.
She took the other extreme from you (meaning you wish the Jews would get pushed into the sea)!

Well Kalam, she is not a smart person! She doesn't realize the ramifications on the Jewish State including the Gazan and West Bank Palestinians. She is illogical and I don't think she thought about her comments before making them.

What about them?

The Joos sold themselves into bondage in Egypt and then left there and took back the lands they abandoned by force killing all who did not flee before them. Women and children included.
A fine bunch.

And this is all very clearly spelled out in the bible.

Sorry about not adding the link Care. Just ask me next time and I'll do so right away. :lol:

Gawd what a stupid bitch.

Yep. That about sums it up.

I propose an expansion of Jewish settlements into Wasilla, Alaska.

LMFAO!!! I really want the Republican ticket for 2012 to be Pailin/Prejan it could be called the TnA tour!

As a liberal democrat I bet you would. But she is not even going to be a primary contender.

The ticket is going to be Romney/Whiteman (the ebay CEO). Both are economic geniuses! The GOP will get it right this time.

Palin is making too much money now, I doubt she even runs.

Last edited:
What if I just agreed and said, yep it was the Palestinians land, who was the last leader of Palestine? Was the person elected, what was the form of government? Where was the capital of these Arab Palestinian people. Did they have a written document such a constitution.

I asked this question a long time ago.. Still have yet to hear an answer. The only time a country with the name of Palestine ever had any kind of administrative government was when the Jewish National Home, Palestine was under British control.

I would have no problem returning to those borders.

There are the illegal Israeli settlements on Palestinian territories of... Gaza - few of which have been dismantled by Sharon himself.
Get your story straight. There is not 1! NOT 1, Israeli settlement in Gaza. There is NOT even 1 JEW in the Gaza! There is not even 1 check point in Gaza! There are not IDF soldiers in Gaza!

Sharon dismantled ALL the settlements and check points and COMPLETELY disengaged from Gaza. What did they get for it! 1000s upon 1000s of missile attacks. So if the is the consequences of disengaging Gaza, then why the hell should they disengage from the west bank?

I think continued settlement expansion in the West Bank is wrong and prevents peace, but so did the Gazan reaction when Israel left. You do know that if Gaza didn't respond by missile attacks, then they probably would have been controlling their own borders by now. Although I am against the settlement expansion, I do see why Israel doesn't take them on now. Taking on the settlers could lead to a civil war in Israel (aka the land of Israel and Judea in ancient times). Why should Israel commit to that, when/if they remove the settlers and check points, the West Bankians are just going to use the West Bank to fire missiles at Israel!

You do realize that throughout history, where there were disputed land areas the people controlling the areas have had some of their residence move into those areas! Recently the USSR. Ethnic Russians live in every country that used to be part of the USSR. These people didn't leave upon independence, they became citizens of the new state.

There are some 400,000 Jewish Israelis in the West Bank. That makes up only 14% of the population. There is no reason that the Jews shouldn't be allowed to stay and remain as Jewish Palestinians. I mean, you would be the same person screaming foul if the Jews kicked out all the Palestinian settlers in the Arab triangle and other border cities.

What if I just agreed and said, yep it was the Palestinians land, who was the last leader of Palestine? Was the person elected, what was the form of government? Where was the capital of these Arab Palestinian people. Did they have a written document such a constitution.

I asked this question a long time ago.. Still have yet to hear an answer. The only time a country with the name of Palestine ever had any kind of administrative government was when the Jewish National Home, Palestine was under British control.

I have literally shown you maps from the 1800s naming that land Palestine. I know I know.. savage injuns didn't count as long as they didn't wear shoes, use an alphabet and abide by cultural standards of Europe.

:cuckoo:

Those are supposed to be arguments? Some minor regional disagreements being compared to the Israeli-Palestinian motherfucker of a conflict thanks to which thousands of people loose their lives every single year if not a month?

Btw, tell me more about the 'illegal Polish Settlements' in Silesia ... because I am born and raised in the Silesian region of the Czech Republic and would love a little history lecture. I ain't saying it didn't happen, all I know is that one can't even begin to compare it to the Isr-Pal massacre on continuous play.

You can start with links to trustworthy sources ... I'm looking forward to this.

I have literally shown you maps from the 1800s naming that land Palestine. I know I know.. savage injuns didn't count as long as they didn't wear shoes, use an alphabet and abide by cultural standards of Europe.

So cross reference that map and tell me who the Prime Minister/President/Chancellor/King/Queen/Emperor of Palestine was during the 1800s.

Thanks in advance.

So cross reference that map and tell me who the Prime Minister/President/Chancellor/King/Queen/Emperor of Palestine was during the 1800s.

Thanks in advance.

who says that their culture was reflective of your standard regarding governing power structure? do you similarly invalidate jews in israel during the stone age because Rome had jurisdiction? Better yet, you clearly did not comprehend my reference to invalidation due to lack of alphabet and shoes.

Still stinging after those maps of palestine from the 1800s, eh dude? I kinda figured you'd be scrambling after that.

who says that their culture was reflective of your standard regarding governing power structure?

History says. Because those maps you showed me in the 1800s had absolutely nothing to do with my question nor did they prove a native Arab Islamic minority or majority in Israel at the time, nor did any of the maps give a border with a capitol.

For instance, here is an Atlas of Europe from the year 1900. Do you see borders?

europe_map_1900.jpg

do you similarly invalidate jews in israel during the stone age because Rome had jurisdiction?

What's this? Did you just admit Israel existed during the stone age?

Unfortunately, you're incorrect. Israel did not exist during the stone age, if the common conception that the stone age ended 10,000 years ago.

Israel's history begins around the beginning of the Brozne Age, around 3,300 BC. Of course, you would know this if you actually studied a bit and did research. Like the kind of research that would show you which Emperor re-named Israel into Palestine...

Better yet, you clearly did not comprehend my reference to invalidation due to lack of alphabet and shoes.

Actually, all civilizations have had their own written language starting with the first civilization, the Sumerians. In fact, they even had their own "Bible" the Enûma Eliš. I have no idea if they had shoes or not.

But, you know what's interesting, Shogun? The primary language spoken in the territory of "Palestine" from the year the Roman Emperor re-named it all the way through today? Hebrew. Howbaout that? Through Ottoman, Malmuk, Crusader, Arab-Islamic, Roman... it doesn't matter who. The Jews who lived there spoke the same language as Jesus spoke, the same language Moses spoke and the same language Abraham spoke.

How is that possible if the people who lived there were Arab-Islamic? Arabs do not speak any other language primarily other than Arabic, which pre-dates the English language by several centuries.

And before anyone bashes me, yes I know Jesus primarily spoke Aramaic, but he also spoke Hebrew. How else could he have taught the Torah to other fellow Jews?

Those are supposed to be arguments? Some minor regional disagreements being compared to the Israeli-Palestinian motherfucker of a conflict thanks to which thousands of people loose their lives every single year if not a month?

Btw, tell me more about the 'illegal Polish Settlements' in Silesia ... because I am born and raised in the Silesian region of the Czech Republic and would love a little history lecture. I ain't saying it didn't happen, all I know is that one can't even begin to compare it to the Isr-Pal massacre on continuous play.

You can start with links to trustworthy sources ... I'm looking forward to this.

Fuck you.
Silseia belonged to the German Empire until those worthless Czechs took it and build settlements on it. Alsace Lorraine was German too until the French took it over.
There is no difference between these regions and the west bank/gaza. In both cases the conquering power gets to say who lives there and who gets lost. You cannot distinguish them in any way that doesn't maek you look like an agenda-driven partisan.

But not everyone is committing terrorist acts. Yet everyone is having their land taken.
Fact Check
Palestinians who are Israeli citizens, and there are a lot of them, are not having their land taken.
Children of Palestinians who are Israeli citizens are also citizens.

Israel actually has their "Basic Laws" posted in English, so you can check these facts.

Forum List

Back