Palin caught in a lie

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
Gov. Sarah Palin on Wednesday revealed an audio recording that shows an aide pressuring the Public Safety Department to fire a state trooper embroiled in a custody battle with her sister.

Palin, who has previously said her administration didn't exert pressure to get rid of trooper Mike Wooten, also disclosed that members of her staff had made about two dozen contacts with public safety officials about the trooper.

Palin staff pushed to have trooper fired: Walt Monegan | adn.com

Last edited:
She lied when she said that her staff did not pressure the Public Safety Commissioner. This is a new twist.

Oh, it is? Then why was that posted on August 14?

Every article we've seen about this says the exact same thing. She originally did not know her staff had pressured Monegan. When a staff member brought her the tape, she immediately turned it over to investigators.

Straight from the article you posted:

"I do now have to tell Alaskans that such pressure could have been perceived to exist although I have only now become aware of it," Palin said.

I also like this part of that article:

The governor said evidence of what she called a "smoking gun" conversation, and other calls made by her aides, only recently surfaced as the attorney general started an inquiry at her request into the circumstances surrounding her firing of Monegan.

:doubt: They all lie! Then call it an :oops:

Except for me, when I make an :oops: on this board ... it is usually a BIG ONE! :lol: But all of us get caught sooner or later. :eusa_whistle:

:lol:
Oh, it is? Then why was that posted on August 14?

Every article we've seen about this says the exact same thing. She originally did not know her staff had pressured Monegan. When a staff member brought her the tape, she immediately turned it over to investigators.

Straight from the article you posted:

Honest to God you are thick! You think her staff just made two dozen calls trying to get her brother in law fired and she didn't know anything about it? :lol::lol:

Honest to God you are thick! You think her staff just made two dozen calls trying to get her brother in law fired and she didn't know anything about it? :lol::lol:

No, I don't. But, as I've said, even if Wooten was one of her reasons for firing Monegan, it was just icing on the cake. I have no problems with her firing someone who's not doing their job to protect the people.

No, I don't. But, as I've said, even if Wooten was one of her reasons for firing Monegan, it was just icing on the cake. I have no problems with her firing someone who's not doing their job to protect the people.

And again, what proof is there that should let a governor destroy a public officials career--who happens to be her brother in law engaged in a messy divorce with her sister? \

If you don't see a problem here its because you are not thinking.

What's funny is she did not admit her staff applied pressure to the Public Safety Commissioner, until the audio tape was discovered.

Just like Nixon!

And again, what proof is there that should let a governor destroy a public officials career--who happens to be her brother in law engaged in a messy divorce with her sister? \

Palin's private investigator is not the one who found out about the tasering and the drinking in the patrol car. Other officers reported that. Thanks.

And again, what proof is there that should let a governor destroy a public officials career--

and what proof do you have that the situation wasn't handled entirely properly by governor palin? and yet you and your ilk are so willing to spew slanders toward her and her career????? :eusa_clap:

:eusa_whistle:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
and what proof do you have that the situation wasn't handled entirely properly by governor palin? and yet you and your ilk are so willing to spew slanders toward her and her career????? :eusa_clap:

:eusa_whistle:

Yet the Republicans are supposedly the party of attacks and hatred....

The DEM wolves shed their sheep's clothing and are truly seen for what they are

No one would have made ONE call, much less two dozen calls without her instructions.....

but you already know they don't caqre about corruption... look at what they elected twice.

No one would have made ONE call, much less two dozen calls without her instructions.....

but you already know they don't caqre about corruption... look at what they elected twice.

What is remarkable is that she has already been caught lying about it.

What is she trying to cover up?

Forum List

Back