The difference between Palin's experience and Obama's

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Paul, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Paul

Paul Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Much has been made of Sarah Palin's and Barack Obama's inexperience. Both of them are inexperienced and based on any reasonable dispassionate and objective assessment, possibly both are ill prepared to lead this country.

However, there is one major difference between the two. In Palin's case, she is a "heartbeat" away from the presidency through an appointment, whereas Barack Obama has been "elected" by millions of Democrats, Independents and even Republicans (in some states) to represent his party as their legitimate nominee.

It is this support that legitimizes Barack Obama's run for office and Palin, by comparison, is nothing more than a McCain political ploy.

If I were an Obama operative, I would remind John McCain and the American people that there is a major difference between being the choice of millions, versus being the choice of one man.

Paul (A staunch Independent)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Jon

Jon The CPA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,281
    Palin at least has executive experience. For two years, she's carried the weight of Alaska on her shouldrs. Obama makes decisions in committees, so if something goes wrong, he can blameshift.

3. Caligirl

Caligirl Oh yes it is too!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +240
    And Obama has experience serving on the senate foreign relations committee.

The question of experience is total red herring.

But, McCain's pick shows that his 'experience' argument against Obama was never something he really cared about. He's a hypocrite.

4. Jon

Jon The CPA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,281
    And Obama's pick of Biden shows that his "change" argument was something he never really cared about.

5. Caligirl

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +240
    Well, that's a point worth considering. I'll be interested to see how that is addressed.

Are you conceding that McCain never particularly cared about experience?

6. Jon

Jon The CPA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,281
    Are you conceding that Obama never particularly cared about change?

And remember, McCain [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF7Q0ghdTn4"]wasn't the only one [/ame]making a talking point out of Obama's lack of experience.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
  7. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    Since he has become senator... the vast majority of his time has been used to run for President... ALSO Obama and his staff have admitted he has done nothing basically on this committee... links have been already provided to this MANY times...

Obama is a farce.... with zero experience

8. Caligirl

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +240
    I'll willing to consider conceding it in the near future if after watching the deabtes and so on it becomes clear that Obama is directed by Biden's vision rather than the other way round. I'm willing to oppen the discussion on this after a few debates.

But I asked you first. Are you conceding that McCain was never particularly concerned about experience? I answered your question, will you answer mine?

9. Silence

Silence wanna lick?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    :lol: the weight of a state that isn't even as big as the county I live in here in Florida...such a burden I'm sure!!

I do agree that there is a major difference between Obama and Palin insomuch as has been pointed out, the voters chose Obama, McCain chose Palin. If you want McCain you have to settle for Palin regardless of what you think of her qualifications so it really puts his party and those who want to vote for him between a rock and a hard place.

10. DeadCanDance

DeadCanDance Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +127

Yes, that's exactly what they're saying.

All their complaints about "experience" was just a bunch of partisan, dishonest hot air. Palin is a heart beat away from the presidency, and she is the least qualified VP candidate since that Admiral Stockdale jokester Ross Perot nominated.

PS McCain doesn't have "executive" experience either. So, when a con crows about 17 months as a governor of alaska, its spin they've been taught to say by Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.