Padded Bikini Bras for 8 Year Old Girls? WTF?

And shame on ANY PARENT that would buy this for their daughter.

Included in the current spring line for Abercrombie Kids (a division of the fashion company specifically dedicated to 8-14 year olds) is the “Ashley” Push-Up Triangle – a triangular-shaped bikini top which comes complete with thick padding for breast enhancement.

Abercrombie & Fitch Sparks Outcry With Padded Bikini Tops for 8-Year-Olds - FoxNews.com

Well at least the boys will know where the girls keep thier cooties.

On a serious note.

I wouldn't want my kids playing with a girl that got clothing like that from her parents.
It's not the girls fault she has no adults to set an example around.

When little girls move from the 4-6x clothing size into the 7-14 clothing size . . . many of the smaller sizes are just the larger sizes/styles made smaller. They lump the sizes all together with little regard to the HUGE difference between a 7 year old and a 14 year old. The clothing manufacturers don't give a damn . . it's cheaper to use the same pattern just in a smaller size.

When my kids were littler I usually shopped at JC Penney type stores because they had a bigger variety. Seriously, who didn't love the OshGosh stuff? Macys too (but only on great sales), Levi's outlets . . things like that. Even now the styles I frequently find for my 14 year old are too revealing/sexy/trashy and I won't let her buy them. When my oldest (20) was young, Brittney Spears 'mid-drift' thing was the craze, all the shirts were very short. But my kid was (and still is) a short kid so the shirts usually ended up hitting her at just about hip level. lol

These padded bathing suits? Not. On. Your. Life. Hopefully the sensible parents outnumber the drooling idiots and the bathing suits sit on the stores shelves.

My kids lived in Oshkosh b'Gosh clothing from infants til about 7. Very durable, always able to hand-me-down. With the snap crotch the overalls kept them looking very neat as infants/toddlers, no separation between bottoms and tops. Easy to change too!

Kids Clothes | Kids Apparel | Baby, Toddler, and Kids Clothing | OshKosh B'Gosh

I notice they have a sale section with 50% off. They also have outlets:

Carter's is found at same site, which makes lots of sense. If they weren't wearing Oshkosh, they were wearing Carters:

Shorts

Flat fee, $6 shipping.

Stories like this make me glad I don't have daughters, in 20 years it will be ok for girls to come to school in string bikinis, pole dancing is already seen as an acceptale hobby for adult women, look at all the commercials, kids see that and say why not.

On the other hand, why would undeveloped girls need to wear any kind of bathing suit top at all? I think it's sort of creepy that they do. Like little muslim girls with head coverings.

I don't have a problem with little, little girls topless. 7-8? No way. They are already aware of the difference between boys and girls, and I don't want anyone teasing them about it when they're older.

If we lived in a different culture, no biggie. But we don't. My #1 job is to protect my daughter from the freaks and I'm not going to encourage her in behavior that will just attract them. Right or wrong. Being free and natural is great but not at my little girl's expense, thanks.

I know this is changing the subject but I read teen girls who live in California can get an abortion without notifying their parents, wow, how can that be right if your daughter gets an abortion and you don't even have the right to know? as a parent? yikes.

Hg, hg, *shaking head*....

Teens can get abortions anywhere without parental consent. This isn't unusual at all.

The "regulations" by which the abortion industry operates has zero checks, zero balances, and they do not provide any information to the public. Anyone who wants an abortion can get one. Anyone.

And shame on ANY PARENT that would buy this for their daughter.

Included in the current spring line for Abercrombie Kids (a division of the fashion company specifically dedicated to 8-14 year olds) is the “Ashley” Push-Up Triangle – a triangular-shaped bikini top which comes complete with thick padding for breast enhancement.

Abercrombie & Fitch Sparks Outcry With Padded Bikini Tops for 8-Year-Olds - FoxNews.com

As appalling as this is - there is a big difference between an 8 year old and a teenager (14 year old). I'm also a bit skeptical about how "enhancing" the padding is. For a pre-teen / teenager who has budding breasts, the padding may also serve for concealment. A white striped bathing suit can become rather transparent when wet.

I agree completely that our society has "Jon Beneted" girls, but this story seems a tad sensationalized.

Teens can get abortions anywhere without parental consent. This isn't unusual at all.

The "regulations" by which the abortion industry operates has zero checks, zero balances, and they do not provide any information to the public. Anyone who wants an abortion can get one. Anyone.

Do you think thats right? I mean I thought you were responsible for your children until they were 18 or the whatever the legal age for an adult is in your state, if I had a daughter and found out she had an abortion without telling me I would be mortified, how could the States do this to the parents?

I thought of the concealment part too...not bad from a practical standpoint BUT that's not how they're marketing them.

Besides which, the concept of wearing a bikini and then trying to conceal anything, lol. I always thought the purpose of a bikini was to remove concealment!

Do you think thats right? I mean I thought you were responsible for your children until they were 18 or the whatever the legal age for an adult is in your state, if I had a daughter and found out she had an abortion without telling me I would be mortified, how could the States do this to the parents?

if they're old enough to be bonking, don't you think that train has left the station?

if they're old enough to be bonking, don't you think that train has left the station?

Nevertheless, parents need to know, thats my take. The way I see it you don't get the right to any privacy until your paying rent, if kids can make choices like getting abortions the needs for parents are out dated.

Looks like Agnapostate launched his swim wear brand shortly after being banned from USMESSAGEBOARD.

YUK.

Yet schools cannot give them an aspirin or ibuprofen without parental signatures. Go figure.

Yet schools cannot give them an aspirin or ibuprofen without parental signatures. Go figure.

you don't see a distrinction?

I don't understand your reply to HG's concern.

On the other hand, why would undeveloped girls need to wear any kind of bathing suit top at all? I think it's sort of creepy that they do. Like little muslim girls with head coverings.

You think it's creepy that girls wear tops and compare it to a head scarf?

That's nuts beyond my ability to understand.

Unless you are a nudist, then it makes some sense.

A girl cannot drive a car, smoke a cigar or drink a beer if she is 15 in California, but abortions are ok? seriously what the fuck?

You think it's creepy that girls wear tops and compare it to a head scarf?

That's nuts beyond my ability to understand.

Unless you are a nudist, then it makes some sense.

Nudists are actually not as perverted and disgusting as us clothed people.

Nevertheless, parents need to know, thats my take. The way I see it you don't get the right to any privacy until your paying rent, if kids can make choices like getting abortions the needs for parents are out dated.

I'll go with 18, but before that? No. As for the paying rent part, seems to me if the kid is 18 and behaving in ways you don't approve of, time for them to go. As a single parent that became clear to my kids at about 12. In order to go to college, they'd have to fund it themselves, through loans, scholarships or combo there of, or sue their father.

So, from 6th grade on, the mantra was: "When you graduate high school, you will either be enrolled in college full time or working full time and paying rent. Your choice." They all worked in high school for supplies and clothes, while maintaining grades and extracurricular activities that did qualify all of them for partial scholarships. Interestingly enough the one with pretty severe learning disabilities was offered full ride scholarship for music out of high school. Unfortunately she had to turn it down, both her counselor and I knew her academic skills were too deficient for university level work. She went to the jr. college and for the first time ever was actually provided the skills to succeed.

It took her 7 years to earn her BA degrees, but is on track now for finishing her MA in 2 years.

Forum List

Back