Oxford University boss says it is 'unfortunate' that some students 'claim a right not to be offended’

I lose?! Haha who’s trying to be machoman now?!

How do I lose when you avoid answering my questions?! Quitters aren’t winners. Answer my questions and try to win the debate or bail.

Your contradiction is pretty clear so I’m expecting the insult troll games to start but I’d prefer you try and win through engagement and intellect

OK. You win.

A person can be "offended" over something I say, that's fine. They can even complain to me, if it makes them feel better. Go ahead. Where I draw the line is where you try to punish or intimidate or shut someone down because you're "offended". That flies directly in the face of freedom of expression.

All you're trying to do there is change the subject and put me on the defensive because you don't want to discuss my comment. That's dishonest, and all it does is increase resentment and make people dig in. It only gets worse and worse, and it's how we got Trump, for example.

There are laws against directly inciting violence or directly damaging someone, and I'm fine with that. But "offending" someone? No. Get over it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back