overall white people don't have it in them to hire the best person for the job

:lol:

Let me guess you wash dishes and manage the busboys? or is it the other way around?

In what universe is being a server a career??

The only career opportunities in the restaurant business is bartending and culinary arts, those two trades take skill. Serving food and popping a cash register may be stressful and difficult but just about anyone of average intelligence can learn the logistics. It's not exactly like a host or hostess has the most demanding of a job either...

I suggest you try eating at a better class of restaurant, Nick. At really good fine dining establishments the wait staff are professionals, many of which DO wait tables as a career. If you eat at places that hire twenty year old college students who worry more about their social life than your meal...then you get what you pay for. Just saying...

I used to be a server at a steakhouse where a typical prime cut would run you around $90.00.

It is still not a job that demands much intellect - especially today. Now servers just have to press buttons on an Ipad.. It was far more difficult when I was a server, we used to use a pen and pad..

If your restaurant was charging $90 bucks for a steak back in the day, Nick I hope to hell it was Wagyu. And if you were working at a place charging those kind of prices then I hope that you were more than just an "order taker".

Racial Bias Seen in Hiring of Waiters - NYTimes.com

http://www.lfuchrc.org/publications/publications/article.pdf

studies continue to show overall white people dont have it in them. A white high school graduate under 25 has a better chance than black college graduate at finding a job.

I happen to be a white male and as a manager I hire the best person for the job. It is too much of a pain not to do so. I have been on panel interviews and in my experience, if there is any hiring bias, it is more likely to come from minorities identifying with their own minority. That may also be true of whites identifying with whites, but I have not noticed such in my experience.

I used to be a server at a steakhouse where a typical prime cut would run you around $90.00.

It is still not a job that demands much intellect - especially today. Now servers just have to press buttons on an Ipad.. It was far more difficult when I was a server, we used to use a pen and pad..

You are full of shit. First of all, pen and paper is so antiquated that it's unimaginable. Any place high end enough to have been charging that much for a steak would have abandoned pen and paper YEARS ago. You would have to be going back 15 years AT LEAST, if not 20 years ago, to be talking about pen and paper. That would put the price of $90 back then to somewhere between $120 - $140 in today's dollars. That's extremely expensive, even among today's highest end steak houses. By comparison, Morton's in New York City charges around half that for a Porterhouse.

Furthermore, even if you did ever work somewhere in the industry, you clearly demonstrate an ignorance for what the industry really entails. Too much so to be able to have been a possible candidate in such a high end place. I can see why you didn't get far. At best, you were never a server, you were just an order taker, probably at the local Shenanegan's Bar and Grill, if that.

studies continue to show overall white people dont have it in them. A white high school graduate under 25 has a better chance than black college graduate at finding a job.

I happen to be a white male and as a manager I hire the best person for the job. It is too much of a pain not to do so. I have been on panel interviews and in my experience, if there is any hiring bias, it is more likely to come from minorities identifying with their own minority. That may also be true of whites identifying with whites, but I have not noticed such in my experience.

When I was a manager, I did not always hire the best qualified person for a job. I got better results hiring the person who was best suited for the job. The person who is best suited for a job is more likely to be satisfied and stay on the job longer

I also noticed a tendency of some black mangers to hire and promote underqualified blacks in an attempt to "payback" the community.

So you didn't get the job, the hiring body was white and now you're inflamed and need to start a thread. Sorry to hear you weren't the best qualified. Better luck next time, phanner.

Oh well, better luck next time. You can't sag and bitch about 'Evil Whitey' all day at work. That just doesn't work in a place of business. So just pull up your drawers and get a new attitude. Good luck.

Remember the outrage when white guys got skipped over for thE firefighter positions. Where the calls for those guys to get over it and stop whining. Oh right, only blacks Ppl should Stfu.

Remember the outrage when white guys got skipped over for thE firefighter positions. Where the calls for those guys to get over it and stop whining. Oh right, only blacks Ppl should Stfu.

The outrage was because they were in fact the most qualified people for the job. And they didnt get it because preference had to go to people with more melanin in their skin.

After reading the article, I was right from the very beginning. The study was conducted at expensive restaurants and the candidate most likely to get the job is man with a european accent.

The outrage was because they were in fact the most qualified people for the job. And they didnt get it because preference had to go to people with more melanin in their skin.

Why cant they just do what people are telling blacks: get over it and stop whining?

I thought people wanted to be judged by content of character not color of skin? It seems this thread, the reasearch, and even affirmative action are all based on the ideology of judging things based off of color of skin instead of content of character.

What you dont seem to understand is that no matter how much you WANT people to judge others by their character. People dont and wont. First impressions are based on looks. Everyones first impressions are based on looks. I know, I know...not you. But everyone else who is human does so instinctively.

Sorry, I want to change the world too...but that isnt going to change by repeating edited MLK quotes

If the PC crowd would stop yammering and whining for two seconds, they'd realize that minorities, especially blacks self segregate much quicker than other racial or demographic groups.
At the end of the day it is human nature to associate with those who look like ourselves, think like ourselves and have the same values as ourselves.
We seek out people with which we have the most in common.
People that object with that concept can wring their hands until they empty a gallon jug of Jergen's lotion. I don't give a fuck.
If I am business owner I am going to hire the best people that have the potential to help my business turn the highest profit AND those employees who I can count on and subsequently reward far beyond their wage.

Forum List

Back