Over sensitive Racial discussion

It is racism?

• Definitely racism. Peejay is a racist bastard and should be shot.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's a fuckin' joke and people should get over their tendancy to be overly politically correct

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters

Peejay

Rookie
Feb 11, 2009
SC
Sounds like he got a little cover fire from the SEALS this time when he jumped.

Ummm ... no? He jumped. The SEALS or whoever opened fire were sitting there waiting for an opportunity and exploited it. Good job on both parts. The Captain for not waiting around for diplomats to save his ass and the shooters for seizing the opportunity.

Ummmm...yes? He jumped, the SEALS fired and killed all three pirates in the lifeboat. Remember the last time he tried that without any help? They jumped in and caught him. The SEALS killed them. The captain didn't.

And now that the captain has escaped with his life, I will say what I was thinking the first time he jumped from the boat.......you got out-swam by a black guy?

Ummm ... no? He jumped. The SEALS or whoever opened fire were sitting there waiting for an opportunity and exploited it. Good job on both parts. The Captain for not waiting around for diplomats to save his ass and the shooters for seizing the opportunity.

Ummmm...yes? He jumped, the SEALS fired and killed all three pirates in the lifeboat. Remember the last time he tried that without any help? They jumped in and caught him. The SEALS killed them. The captain didn't.

And now that the captain has escaped with his life, I will say what I was thinking the first time he jumped from the boat.......you got out-swam by a black guy?
nice way to expose your own racism

How in the fuck is that racist?

• Banned

assuming that a black guy couldnt swim fast

sure looks racist to me

Eh....it's a generalization. I did chuckle when I thought it.

I was in the Turks a while back and there were some of the locals on this beach where we were. It was one of those beaches where there is a sudden drop off just a few feet into the ocean. I was out snorkeling and suddenly there was a bunch of yelling and screaming. This one black guy had waded out too far and dropped off the little shelf. None of the others went in after him and finally a little boat pulled up and dragged the floundering man on board. I remember thinking: Damn....they live on a tiny island in the ocean and they still can't swim......

sure looks racist to me

Eh....it's a generalization. I did chuckle when I thought it.

I was in the Turks a while back and there were some of the locals on this beach where we were. It was one of those beaches where there is a sudden drop off just a few feet into the ocean. I was out snorkeling and suddenly there was a bunch of yelling and screaming. This one black guy had waded out too far and dropped off the little shelf. None of the others went in after him and finally a little boat pulled up and dragged the floundering man on board. I remember thinking: Damn....they live on a tiny island in the ocean and they still can't swim......

Sometimes it's better just to stop - you know, stay quiet?

sure looks racist to me

Then you look like a dipshit to me. This is a guy taking a stereotype and adding levity. Now, if he had said, he got out swam by a ******, then it would have been racist. Instead, you have no comment on the subject at hand and instead would prefer to hijack the thread with something that is untrue, asinine, and fucking irrelevant.

sure looks racist to me

Then you look like a dipshit to me. This is a guy taking a stereotype and adding levity. Now, if he had said, he got out swam by a ******, then it would have been racist. Instead, you have no comment on the subject at hand and instead would prefer to hijack the thread with something that is untrue, asinine, and fucking irrelevant.
yeah yeah yeah

excuse the racist
:rolleyes:

Look, I was a swimming instructor for a very long time and the fact is, there is a cultural thing about swimming or fear of water. I don't know why it is there but it is. I don't know of any racist reason for this but it is a real phenomenon. Just like I acknowledge disparity in crime, food, any number of real differences in cultures.

sure looks racist to me

yeah yeah yeah

excuse the racist

You are a dumbass, this is nothing more than taking a familiar, amusing sterotype that most black people would agree with and ading levity. Epic fail on your part.

sure looks racist to me

Racist comments are not characterized solely by the use of racial slurs.

Stereotyping by race is also racist.

Well hell, let's ask a black guy about it.....

Most blacks can't swim because when they go to places with pools none of the other blacks swim. Their parents can't swim, friends can't swim, etc.

Black women don't swim because of their hair. It takes a lot of work and getting their hair wet is out of the question. Have you ever seen a black woman without an umbrella in a rain storm? Nope.

I have dreads, I can't get my hair wet except about twice a month. Otherwise, we will have to pay another $50 to get it done again.

I appreciate the question. IT means you are really trying to understand us.
Why can't black people swim? - Yahoo! Answers

yeah yeah yeah

excuse the racist

You are a dumbass, this is nothing more than taking a familiar, amusing sterotype that most black people would agree with and ading levity. Epic fail on your part.
actually, its yOU that is looking like the dumbass on this one

yeah yeah yeah

excuse the racist

Well, you will excuse me then when I point out that the librals, made a big giant deal out of the "familiar amusing steroptye" of watermelons when someone printed a picture of watermelons growing in front of the WhiteHouse. I believe the picture was declared "racist" by the libral press was it not? so in keeping with uniformity,, DiveCon could be correct. Or, we could be dealing with hypocrisy.

yeah yeah yeah

excuse the racist

So the fact that my black friend can't swim and the fact that I frequently jack with him about it makes me a racist?

Fact is, this a common stereotype that black people themselves frequently refer to. Turn it around. If a black person fucked with me about not being able to run fast, I wouldn't take as racist. Because that is another steroetype, Black people are faster than white people.

Point is. Lighten the fuck up. It was a fucking joke.

Most blacks can't swim because when they go to places with pools none of the other blacks swim. Their parents can't swim, friends can't swim, etc.

Black women don't swim because of their hair. It takes a lot of work and getting their hair wet is out of the question. Have you ever seen a black woman without an umbrella in a rain storm? Nope.

I have dreads, I can't get my hair wet except about twice a month. Otherwise, we will have to pay another $50 to get it done again.

Peejay, Yahoo Answers is not a source for accurate information. It's just a forum in which people ask questions and the asker chooses the response s/he likes best.

And you didn't include other answers which certainly give different perspectives:

Hmm...all the black people I know (myself included) LOVE to go swimming....that was what we looked forward to the MOST when the summer came!...lol

I've heard white people ask this question before, and I never understood it because I don't know ANY black people that can't/don't like to swim...

Just different personal experiences, I guess

Thats odd, in the swimming pool I go to almost everyone there is either black or hispanic, and they can all swim. My swimming instructer was black, and she was the only teacher who would actually swim with us, while the other teachers wouldnt.

I know plenty of black people who can swim.

Really?
So, the guys swimming at my pool yesterday mustve been painted black.

Blacks not going to water parks is not what their culture usually does for fun? What do we do? That's just like asking why can't white people play basketball or do slam dunks, is it because their culture doesn't play basketball. Or why do white people not know how to dance, is it because their culture doesn't go to parties, clubs or like to have a good time! WOW! You've been to alot of pool parties black guys dont know how to swim. Normally, when you go to a pool party, are all of the people attending the party not in the water, are they just wading in the water. How do you know they can't swim? Although the question wasn't posted as malicious. It is sort of weird. I have 2 brothers, and we all know how to swim. On fourth of July, blacks will be at Wet N Wild and Water Mania water parks by the hundreds! WOW!

Skin color has nothing to do with swimming.

Peejay, Yahoo Answers is not a source for accurate information. It's just a forum in which people ask questions and the asker chooses the response s/he likes best.

And you didn't include other answers which certainly give different perspectives:

Hmm...all the black people I know (myself included) LOVE to go swimming....that was what we looked forward to the MOST when the summer came!...lol

I've heard white people ask this question before, and I never understood it because I don't know ANY black people that can't/don't like to swim...

Just different personal experiences, I guess

Thats odd, in the swimming pool I go to almost everyone there is either black or hispanic, and they can all swim. My swimming instructer was black, and she was the only teacher who would actually swim with us, while the other teachers wouldnt.

I know plenty of black people who can swim.

Really?
So, the guys swimming at my pool yesterday mustve been painted black.

Blacks not going to water parks is not what their culture usually does for fun? What do we do? That's just like asking why can't white people play basketball or do slam dunks, is it because their culture doesn't play basketball. Or why do white people not know how to dance, is it because their culture doesn't go to parties, clubs or like to have a good time! WOW! You've been to alot of pool parties black guys dont know how to swim. Normally, when you go to a pool party, are all of the people attending the party not in the water, are they just wading in the water. How do you know they can't swim? Although the question wasn't posted as malicious. It is sort of weird. I have 2 brothers, and we all know how to swim. On fourth of July, blacks will be at Wet N Wild and Water Mania water parks by the hundreds! WOW!

Skin color has nothing to do with swimming.

No steroetype is 100% accurate. That is why it is a steroetype. That is what makes it funny. In most cases it isn't true.

Damn....see how quickly this gets moved and parsed? Yeah, the racial stuff is definitely over sensitive. Of course, I understand why it has become so.

Hey, you know what else? Israel selectively confers citizenship on Jews. Racist.

Black athletes dominate sprinting, long distance and basketball. Racist.

Black people in the south stay in church ALL DAY on Sunday. Racist.

White people have most of the money in America. Racist.

Asians have different looking eyes than Europeans. Racist.

The average height and weight varies along ethnic lines. Racist.

The planet is full of racist.

So the fact that my black friend can't swim and the fact that I frequently jack with him about it makes me a racist?

Fact is, this a common stereotype that black people themselves frequently refer to. Turn it around. If a black person fucked with me about not being able to run fast, I wouldn't take as racist. Because that is another steroetype, Black people are faster than white people.

Point is. Lighten the fuck up. It was a fucking joke.
yeah, tell that to the black guy that won an Olympic gold medal and my friend that was a swimming instructor

just because you know ONE(or even many) blacks that cant swim, it doesnt mean that any black cant swim
it is also not safe to assume that any white person would know how to swim
i know several that dont

Forum List

Back