Over sensitive Racial discussion

It is racism?

• Definitely racism. Peejay is a racist bastard and should be shot.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's a fuckin' joke and people should get over their tendancy to be overly politically correct

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters
And now that the captain has escaped with his life, I will say what I was thinking the first time he jumped from the boat.......you got out-swam by a black guy?
nice way to expose your own racism

How in the fuck is that racist?

Based on the information provided in the posts above, it would be considered racist if you were a liberal. Just ask somebody like Ravi. And try replacing 'black guy' with Obama. Then you'll get even more leftists neg-repping you.

nice way to expose your own racism

Based on the information provided in the posts above, it would be considered racist if you were a liberal. Just ask somebody like Ravi. And try replacing 'black guy' with Obama. Then you'll get even more leftists neg-repping you.
:rolleyes: It is true that black children lag behind white children in swimming ability. Has nothing to do with their skin color and everything to do with other factors.

The watermelon thing Willow brought up is just stupid racial sterotyping...it isn't true that blacks like watermelon more than whites do.

Oh, and you're still an idiot. :lol:

:rolleyes: It is true that black children lag behind white children in swimming ability. Has nothing to do with their skin color and everything to do with other factors.

The watermelon thing Willow brought up is just stupid racial sterotyping...it isn't true that blacks like watermelon more than whites do.

It would be nice if you had some redeeming qualities, but you have none.

actually, its yOU that is looking like the dumbass on this one

So the fact that my black friend can't swim and the fact that I frequently jack with him about it makes me a racist?

Fact is, this a common stereotype that black people themselves frequently refer to. Turn it around. If a black person fucked with me about not being able to run fast, I wouldn't take as racist. Because that is another steroetype, Black people are faster than white people.

Point is. Lighten the fuck up. It was a fucking joke.
yeah, tell that to the black guy that won an Olympic gold medal and my friend that was a swimming instructor

just because you know ONE(or even many) blacks that cant swim, it doesnt mean that any black cant swim
it is also not safe to assume that any white person would know how to swim
i know several that dont

As stated before, stereotypes are never accurate. That is what makes them stereotypes. That is what makes them funny. White people can't dance. Black people can't swim. Asians are good at math and Latinos love the Virgin Mary. These are stereotypes that comedians of all races reference everyday and guess what? They are funny. When assholes like you try to turn politically correct and try to make it a racist comment, then you are the problem.

Like I said before. It was a fucking joke. I chuckled, as did my partially black wife. Well, maybe it was the white girl in her that laughed, guess we are racists too.

So, DiveCon, when the movie "White men can't Jump" came out, I assume you were the first one to picket based on the racism? No? Ah, more proof racism against whites is accepted, but not against anyone else. BTW, I saw black people after that film wearing shirts that said "Black men can't swim".

It would be nice if you had some redeeming qualities, but you have none.
I'd probably be worried if you thought I did.

Is this racism or simply making a joke out of a well known stereotype.

Ummm ... no? He jumped. The SEALS or whoever opened fire were sitting there waiting for an opportunity and exploited it. Good job on both parts. The Captain for not waiting around for diplomats to save his ass and the shooters for seizing the opportunity.

Ummmm...yes? He jumped, the SEALS fired and killed all three pirates in the lifeboat. Remember the last time he tried that without any help? They jumped in and caught him. The SEALS killed them. The captain didn't.

And now that the captain has escaped with his life, I will say what I was thinking the first time he jumped from the boat.......you got out-swam by a black guy?

Who gets to define racism? I compared the swimming to the watermelon. If one is isn't the other? so in short I guess I have to answer "It depends on who defines what is racist."

I think it depends on context and who is saying it.

and in the context used and the posting history of the person saying it? racist all the way.

And I'm wondering why yet another thread about this... just curious. don't care much either way.

It's a joke. I love stereotype-based jokes and make them frequently, including those that make fun of my own religion, ethnicity, and political views.

Who gets to define racism? I compared the swimming to the watermelon. If one is isn't the other? so in short I guess I have to answer "It depends on who defines what is racist."

I consider them both ridiculous stereotypes. Using a stereotype to be humorous is not racist. That is where the argument that it is racist fails.

I think it depends on context and who is saying it.

and in the context used and the posting history of the person saying it? racist all the way.

And I'm wondering why yet another thread about this... just curious. don't care much either way.

I wanted a poll.

I consider them both ridiculous stereotypes. Using a stereotype to be humorous is not racist. That is where the argument that it is racist fails.

That's my point. If a Republican says or does it it's racist,, if a Democrat does or says it it's probably not. You have seen it repeatedly on this board and in the news.

That's my point. If a Republican says or does it it's racist,, if a Democrat does or says it it's probably not. You have seen it repeatedly on this board and in the news.

I tend to ignore stupidity on both sides. Though I do have to say I'm harder on my own side of the fence, but that is neither here nor there. Just because the liberal MSM said this should be racist, it does not make it so. DiveCon jumped in with an accusation that was both unfounded and irrelevant. He has the habit of doing so frequently. He is usualy wrong and that needs to be pointed out to him.

This joke was no more racist than any other stereotype we laugh at daily. Stereotypes are funny. White people can't dance, black people can't swim, Asians are good at math, and Jews are good with money. All stereotypes that are mostly not true and all humorous to poke fun at.

Do you agree?

Forum List

Back