OUTRAGED Midwest Farmers Protest EPA Spy Planes Over Iowa Ranches

Nothing is violated in the Constitution by the drones.

Try the Fourth Amendment....

You need a warrant to search an individuals property...

No private property is being invaded. Anyone can look at your property from public thoroughfares, whether on land or from the air.

Really, then what the fuck is the point of the drones?

Oh yeah they're searching.......

You think if a cop had a "hover board" like in "Back To The Future II" they could just search your property?

What is the difference if you're one inch off the ground or 1,000 feet???

No private property is being invaded. Anyone can look at your property from public thoroughfares, whether on land or from the air.

You think if a cop had a "hover board" like in "Back To The Future II" they could just search your property?

These cattle operations are registered as businesses are they not? That gives any appropriate agency the power to inspect for violations. Turn down the outrage, this is not anything like an illegal search of a private residence, the legality of overflights has long been settled by the thousands of pot growers captured by flying over their house and property, a little late and the wrong thing to get outraged over.

There is none if it is done from the public space.

Nick, you have made a false analogy.

Private property requires a warrant. Public thoroughfares don't.

If you are doing something criminal, hide the activity from the air space.

No I mad a perfectly good analogy and a fantastic point.

If a cop or any authority figure is one inch off the ground or 1,000 feet off the ground can they search your property???

If you had magic floating boots on do you believe the Fourth Amendment isn't applicable because you're in the air and hence NOT on the property in theory?

Define public space???

If I could float around at 5 feet off the ground am I in "public space?"

What Mr Nick said ..... and first they come prying at one group then more groups. BS this is still the United States hope my buddy Eddies dad shoots one down (hell Obama gave the Iranians one I wanna see one lol jk kind of) he has 8-10 head cattle and some crops FBI guys OK? Unbelievable were witnessing the national socialization so to speak under the liberal. The liberal Obama befriends the Muslim brotherhood and makes me the terror suspect (TSA, this, etc). God help us this is a major concern considering the executive act (lawless tyrant really) guy is in charge.

f97b2e90.jpg

What Mr Nick said ..... and first they come prying at one group then more groups. BS this is still the United States hope my buddy Eddies dad shoots one down (hell Obama gave the Iranians one I wanna see one lol jk kind of) he has 8-10 head cattle and some crops FBI guys OK? Unbelievable were witnessing the national socialization so to speak under the liberal. The liberal Obama befriends the Muslim brotherhood and makes me the terror suspect (TSA, this, etc). God help us this is a major concern considering the executive act (lawless tyrant really) guy is in charge.

Oh brother... The right wing, which brought us the wonderful War on Drugs, the TSA, the DHS, the "Patriot"act, warrantless wiretaps and searches is now shocked, shocked about the EPA flying around looking for animal waste runoffs into the water supply. It's you bastards that put this police state in place. Don't run around crying about it now. You got what you wanted.

hahahahaha! When someone can float like that we'll revisit the topic. In the meantime, a cop can stand on the street and peer into your yard without a warrant. Or even fly over in a helicopter.

Define public space???

The landowner has exclusive control of the immediate reaches of the enveloping atmosphere, even though the airspace is a public highway. S/he owns at least as much above the ground as s/he can occupy or use in connection with the land. The right of an owner of lands extends downward and upward indefinitely.

Thus, flight of an aircraft over land is lawful, unless the flight is at such a low altitude as to interfere with the existing use to which the land is put by the owner, or unless the flight is conducted in a manner imminently dangerous to persons or property lawfully on the land.

So, someone on your fictional hoverboard would be a trespasser. Someone flying 20 feet above your house would probably still be considered a trespasser. Someone flying over your property 1000 feet in the air is probably not, as they are not interfering with the land or posing any danger.

Is the EPA breaking any laws? Is it private airspace they fly in?

Sorry, but this is a non-issue for me.

ok, if you don't mind a Federal Agency spying on you to impose fines

not a matter of spying.

Look, if there is an existing fine for 'X'... and you can either trespass on private property to determine if 'X' is going on, or fly over private property to determine if 'X' is going on, I don't personally see a problem with it (the fly over). If 'X' is indeed going on, then they are breaking the rules and should be fined. If 'X' is not going on, then they won't be fined.

Essentially, it's people breaking the law that are going to be upset that they are getting caught breaking the law. Too bad. Don't break the law.

Here's the problem: The Fourth Amendment states:
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be searched."

For a government agency to actively search for "evidence" without probable cause is a very distinct violation of the Constitution. While most of us are aware that this administration has escalated the destruction of our Constitution, many are still not aware of the extent to which the destruction has advanced. This is a government agency hiring aircraft to actively search for evidence that can result in punishment starting with fines up to, and including seizure of private property and incarceration of citizens. And they are conducting these searches without benefit of probable cause or issuance of properly executed warrants.
Things like this should be of utmost concern to all of us.

hahahahaha! When someone can float like that we'll revisit the topic. In the meantime, a cop can stand on the street and peer into your yard without a warrant. Or even fly over in a helicopter.

Shut the fuck up - If Bush pulled this bullshit (which he did with the Patriot Act) you would be screaming (which progressives did).

Your boy Obama resigned the Patriot Act THREE fucking times and not one peep out of you leftist motherfuckers..

I suppose it's OK when progressives do it tho....

You progressives are all partisan hacks with little conviction for your ideas.

The only think you simple-minded fucks focus on is "oppose republicans."

I'm not even a republican either you authoritarian fascist....

Progressives have turned this country into a police state....

Patriot act compared to Obama can label anyone a terror threat and has feds droning citizens? Slight difference but hey I wont blame for police state bs its a must to stop. Its just that the loyal capitalists get attacked under democrap control of federal law enforcement. IRS / regulators the depression economy should respond well. Its not rocket science in 20-40 years they may admit Obama was KGB lol

Define public space???

The landowner has exclusive control of the immediate reaches of the enveloping atmosphere, even though the airspace is a public highway. S/he owns at least as much above the ground as s/he can occupy or use in connection with the land. The right of an owner of lands extends downward and upward indefinitely.

Thus, flight of an aircraft over land is lawful, unless the flight is at such a low altitude as to interfere with the existing use to which the land is put by the owner, or unless the flight is conducted in a manner imminently dangerous to persons or property lawfully on the land.

So, someone on your fictional hoverboard would be a trespasser. Someone flying 20 feet above your house would probably still be considered a trespasser. Someone flying over your property 1000 feet in the air is probably not, as they are not interfering with the land or posing any danger.

That is illogical, vague and irrational.

What if I have a 500 foot tree in my backyard?

Shut the fuck up - If Bush pulled this bullshit (which he did with the Patriot Act) you would be screaming (which progressives did).

Your boy Obama resigned the Patriot Act THREE fucking times and not one peep out of you leftist motherfuckers..

I suppose it's OK when progressives do it tho....

You progressives are all partisan hacks with little conviction for your ideas.

The only think you simple-minded fucks focus on is "oppose republicans."

I'm not even a republican either you authoritarian fascist....

Progressives have turned this country into a police state....
:rolleyes: They fly over areas where ground water contamination exists. If they see anything suspicious, they make a personal visit to determine if a violation is happening. They can already waltz on to the farmer's property without a warrant.

You are dumber than dirt.

links in article at site
Isn't the ObamaNation great, now we have unelected people from a Federal Agency using planes to SPY ON YOU...

SNIP:

Posted by Jim Hoft on Tuesday, July 3, 2012, 5:57 AM

Midwest farmers were outraged to hear that the Obama EPA was spying on ranches in surveilance planes. Rep. Tom Latham sent a letter to the EPA demanding answers,

“No federal agency has the right to treat the American farmer like the Taliban.”

To the Obama EPA – Iowa farmers are the enemy.

The AP reported:

Midwest ranchers have never been enamored with environmental regulators, but they really began to complain after learning that federal inspectors were flying over their land to look for problems.

The Environmental Protection Agency flies over power plants and other facilities nationwide to identify potential air, water and land pollution. It began using aerial surveillance in the Midwest in 2010 to check farms for violations of federal clean water regulations.

Ranchers who object to the program said they’re not trying to hide anything. It’s the quiet approach the EPA took with the program designed to spot illegal disposal of animal waste that they find upsetting. Most were not even aware of the flyovers until regional EPA officials mentioned it at a meeting three months ago.

“For me, it just creeps into the ‘Big Brother is watching you’ area, to where the government just feels like it’s getting more and more intrusive,” said Buck Wehrbein, who manages a cattle feeding operation in Mead, Neb., about 30 miles west of Omaha.

EPA officials explained during a meeting with ranchers in West Point, Neb., that they lease small planes that fly EPA staffers over cattle operations. The staffers take photographs as they seek evidence of illegal animal waste running off into rivers and streams.

the rest here
OUTRAGED Midwest Farmers Protest EPA Spy Planes Over Iowa Ranches | The Gateway Pundit

That's funny I had no idea ranchers also owned the AIR SPACE above their ranches.

I love how you fucking idiots call yourself "liberal" yet you think it is perfectly fine the government is spying on people......

You two-faced losers bitched for years about the patriot act yet Obama and his authoritarian storm troopers are spying on citizens in an allegedly free country and you don't have a problem with that???

If I was a farmer I would shoot those drones out of the sky..... That is 100% fact.

Oh, Liberals don't care if the Government is spying on someone else, when ti becomes them... Well that's a completely different story altogether.

Patriot act compared to Obama can label anyone a terror threat and has feds droning citizens? Slight difference but hey I wont blame for police state bs its a must to stop. Its just that the loyal capitalists get attacked under democrap control of federal law enforcement. IRS / regulators the depression economy should respond well. Its not rocket science in 20-40 years they may admit Obama was KGB lol

It already is a police state.... Especially here in Illinois.

Thats why I'm splitting to where I'm spending the 4th - I don't want to get caught up in all this 4th of July roadside block bullshit the cops do...

As far as aerial surveillance is concerned, the US Courts have already ruled that unless air traffic is routine above property, there is a reasonable expectation of privacy from the air. For example, United States v. Allen

The "constitutional scholar in office" should know this.

Forum List

Back