OUTRAGED Midwest Farmers Protest EPA Spy Planes Over Iowa Ranches

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
links in article at site
Isn't the ObamaNation great, now we have unelected people from a Federal Agency using planes to SPY ON YOU...

SNIP:

Posted by Jim Hoft on Tuesday, July 3, 2012, 5:57 AM

Midwest farmers were outraged to hear that the Obama EPA was spying on ranches in surveilance planes. Rep. Tom Latham sent a letter to the EPA demanding answers,

“No federal agency has the right to treat the American farmer like the Taliban.”

To the Obama EPA – Iowa farmers are the enemy.

The AP reported:

Midwest ranchers have never been enamored with environmental regulators, but they really began to complain after learning that federal inspectors were flying over their land to look for problems.

The Environmental Protection Agency flies over power plants and other facilities nationwide to identify potential air, water and land pollution. It began using aerial surveillance in the Midwest in 2010 to check farms for violations of federal clean water regulations.

Ranchers who object to the program said they’re not trying to hide anything. It’s the quiet approach the EPA took with the program designed to spot illegal disposal of animal waste that they find upsetting. Most were not even aware of the flyovers until regional EPA officials mentioned it at a meeting three months ago.

“For me, it just creeps into the ‘Big Brother is watching you’ area, to where the government just feels like it’s getting more and more intrusive,” said Buck Wehrbein, who manages a cattle feeding operation in Mead, Neb., about 30 miles west of Omaha.

EPA officials explained during a meeting with ranchers in West Point, Neb., that they lease small planes that fly EPA staffers over cattle operations. The staffers take photographs as they seek evidence of illegal animal waste running off into rivers and streams.

the rest here
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...ers-protest-epa-spy-planes-over-iowa-ranches/

Is the EPA breaking any laws? Is it private airspace they fly in?

Sorry, but this is a non-issue for me.

ok, if you don't mind a Federal Agency spying on you to impose fines

not a matter of spying.

Look, if there is an existing fine for 'X'... and you can either trespass on private property to determine if 'X' is going on, or fly over private property to determine if 'X' is going on, I don't personally see a problem with it (the fly over). If 'X' is indeed going on, then they are breaking the rules and should be fined. If 'X' is not going on, then they won't be fined.

Essentially, it's people breaking the law that are going to be upset that they are getting caught breaking the law. Too bad. Don't break the law.

Gotta keep those farmers safe.
Might be Islamofascists lurking in the fieelds spreading bio weapons on our food.

not a matter of spying.

Look, if there is an existing fine for 'X'... and you can either trespass on private property to determine if 'X' is going on, or fly over private property to determine if 'X' is going on, I don't personally see a problem with it (the fly over). If 'X' is indeed going on, then they are breaking the rules and should be fined. If 'X' is not going on, then they won't be fined.

Essentially, it's people breaking the law that are going to be upset that they are getting caught breaking the law. Too bad. Don't break the law.

I take it you are OK with random traffic stops and trunk inspections... I mean you never know who is breaking the law.
If you are not hiding anything then you should be cool with it.... how about stopping you on the street to check your pockets for illegal substances??? If your clean, whats the issue??

Where do we draw the line???

Whats going to happen when these drones are armed with infrared cameras and they are peeping in on you and the wife getting it in bed?
I mean, ya never know what might be going on in your house... ya could be committing a crime up in there.

Im sorry bro... but I dont like this shit. Not even a little...

How is this any different than the DEA spying on private citizens to see if they are growing marijuana.

Oh, right, it isn't! Just more whining from people that think they are SPECIAL.

:lmao:

How is this any different than the DEA spying on private citizens to see if they are growing marijuana.

I dont like that either :eusa_whistle:

well because the two are same..one is illegal and the other produces the food you eat
good grief

not a matter of spying.

Do they need a warrant to come in your house? Yes.
Do they need a warrant to go onto your property? Yes.

Why do you think they don't need a warrant to fly over your property and look?

well because the two are same..one is illegal and the other produces the food you eat
good grief

You mean the other produces E Coli outbreaks in the food we eat don't you? I don't like getting deathly ill from eating fresh produce, maybe you are different.

Vladimir Obama strikes again!

Usually those farm boys are pretty good shots. All they need to do is shoot down some of those multi-million dollar drones, and the problem will go away.

"Sorry, mister, it looked like a big vulture to me, so I killed it."

good grief

You mean the other produces E Coli outbreaks in the food we eat don't you? I don't like getting deathly ill from eating fresh produce, maybe you are different.

then don't eat..

links in article at site
Isn't the ObamaNation great, now we have unelected people from a Federal Agency using planes to SPY ON YOU...

SNIP:

Midwest farmers were outraged to hear that the Obama EPA was spying on ranches in surveilance planes. Rep. Tom Latham sent a letter to the EPA demanding answers,

“No federal agency has the right to treat the American farmer like the Taliban.”

The AP reported:

Midwest ranchers have never been enamored with environmental regulators, but they really began to complain after learning that federal inspectors were flying over their land to look for problems.

The Environmental Protection Agency flies over power plants and other facilities nationwide to identify potential air, water and land pollution. It began using aerial surveillance in the Midwest in 2010 to check farms for violations of federal clean water regulations.

Ranchers who object to the program said they’re not trying to hide anything. It’s the quiet approach the EPA took with the program designed to spot illegal disposal of animal waste that they find upsetting. Most were not even aware of the flyovers until regional EPA officials mentioned it at a meeting three months ago.

“For me, it just creeps into the ‘Big Brother is watching you’ area, to where the government just feels like it’s getting more and more intrusive,” said Buck Wehrbein, who manages a cattle feeding operation in Mead, Neb., about 30 miles west of Omaha.

EPA officials explained during a meeting with ranchers in West Point, Neb., that they lease small planes that fly EPA staffers over cattle operations. The staffers take photographs as they seek evidence of illegal animal waste running off into rivers and streams.

the rest here
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...ers-protest-epa-spy-planes-over-iowa-ranches/

Apparently some dispose of the shit produced by the food we eat into the water we drink.
As Reagan said, trust but verify.

Vladimir Obama strikes again!

Usually those farm boys are pretty good shots. All they need to do is shoot down some of those multi-million dollar drones, and the problem will go away.

"Sorry, mister, it looked like a big vulture to me, so I killed it."

then it would be time for the missle armed drones to get the terrorists?

not a matter of spying.

Generally, you need "probable cause" to be able to search private property. Is the EPA above our Constitutional protections, or have they decided that improper disposal of cowshit is a terrorist act?

not a matter of spying.

Generally, you need "probable cause" to be able to search private property. Is the EPA above our Constitutional protections, or have they decided that improper disposal of cowshit is a terrorist act?

As was posted before the precedent was set by the DEA and widely supported by the right.

links in article at site

SNIP:

The AP reported:

the rest here

Apparently some dispose of the shit produced by the food we eat into the water we drink.
As Reagan said, trust but verify.
Then test the water at a public place and trace the pollutants back to the source with proper warrants
The Executive branch bureaucracies are not above the law, no matter what Eric Holder claims. :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back