OUTRAGED Midwest Farmers Protest EPA Spy Planes Over Iowa Ranches

links in article at site
Isn't the ObamaNation great, now we have unelected people from a Federal Agency using planes to SPY ON YOU...

SNIP:

Posted by Jim Hoft on Tuesday, July 3, 2012, 5:57 AM

Midwest farmers were outraged to hear that the Obama EPA was spying on ranches in surveilance planes. Rep. Tom Latham sent a letter to the EPA demanding answers,

“No federal agency has the right to treat the American farmer like the Taliban.”

To the Obama EPA – Iowa farmers are the enemy.

The AP reported:

Midwest ranchers have never been enamored with environmental regulators, but they really began to complain after learning that federal inspectors were flying over their land to look for problems.

The Environmental Protection Agency flies over power plants and other facilities nationwide to identify potential air, water and land pollution. It began using aerial surveillance in the Midwest in 2010 to check farms for violations of federal clean water regulations.

Ranchers who object to the program said they’re not trying to hide anything. It’s the quiet approach the EPA took with the program designed to spot illegal disposal of animal waste that they find upsetting. Most were not even aware of the flyovers until regional EPA officials mentioned it at a meeting three months ago.

“For me, it just creeps into the ‘Big Brother is watching you’ area, to where the government just feels like it’s getting more and more intrusive,” said Buck Wehrbein, who manages a cattle feeding operation in Mead, Neb., about 30 miles west of Omaha.

EPA officials explained during a meeting with ranchers in West Point, Neb., that they lease small planes that fly EPA staffers over cattle operations. The staffers take photographs as they seek evidence of illegal animal waste running off into rivers and streams.

the rest here
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...ers-protest-epa-spy-planes-over-iowa-ranches/

That's funny I had no idea ranchers also owned the AIR SPACE above their ranches.

no one expected you to get what the thread was about

Oh I know what its about. Its about: "OBama BAD! Government BAD! Bwahh Bwahh Bwahh Bwahh! "

Is the use of drones intrusive? Who knows. It is not illegal. The farmers don't own the air space.

links in article at site
Isn't the ObamaNation great, now we have unelected people from a Federal Agency using planes to SPY ON YOU...

SNIP:

Midwest farmers were outraged to hear that the Obama EPA was spying on ranches in surveilance planes. Rep. Tom Latham sent a letter to the EPA demanding answers,

“No federal agency has the right to treat the American farmer like the Taliban.”

The AP reported:

Midwest ranchers have never been enamored with environmental regulators, but they really began to complain after learning that federal inspectors were flying over their land to look for problems.

The Environmental Protection Agency flies over power plants and other facilities nationwide to identify potential air, water and land pollution. It began using aerial surveillance in the Midwest in 2010 to check farms for violations of federal clean water regulations.

Ranchers who object to the program said they’re not trying to hide anything. It’s the quiet approach the EPA took with the program designed to spot illegal disposal of animal waste that they find upsetting. Most were not even aware of the flyovers until regional EPA officials mentioned it at a meeting three months ago.

“For me, it just creeps into the ‘Big Brother is watching you’ area, to where the government just feels like it’s getting more and more intrusive,” said Buck Wehrbein, who manages a cattle feeding operation in Mead, Neb., about 30 miles west of Omaha.

EPA officials explained during a meeting with ranchers in West Point, Neb., that they lease small planes that fly EPA staffers over cattle operations. The staffers take photographs as they seek evidence of illegal animal waste running off into rivers and streams.

the rest here
OUTRAGED Midwest Farmers Protest EPA Spy Planes Over Iowa Ranches | The Gateway Pundit

That's funny I had no idea ranchers also owned the AIR SPACE above their ranches.

I love how you fucking idiots call yourself "liberal" yet you think it is perfectly fine the government is spying on people......

You two-faced losers bitched for years about the patriot act yet Obama and his authoritarian storm troopers are spying on citizens in an allegedly free country and you don't have a problem with that???

If I was a farmer I would shoot those drones out of the sky..... That is 100% fact.

Last edited:
Mr. Nick, let's pull the beat cops of their streets and the patrol cops of the roads.

OK?

Will that satisfy you?

Ask your Representatives they defund the EPA and a few other over reaching FEDERAL agencies..and then vote out this administration

not a matter of spying.

Look, if there is an existing fine for 'X'... and you can either trespass on private property to determine if 'X' is going on, or fly over private property to determine if 'X' is going on, I don't personally see a problem with it (the fly over). If 'X' is indeed going on, then they are breaking the rules and should be fined. If 'X' is not going on, then they won't be fined.

Essentially, it's people breaking the law that are going to be upset that they are getting caught breaking the law. Too bad. Don't break the law.
Do they need a warrant to come in your house? Yes.
Do they need a warrant to go onto your property? Yes.

Why do you think they don't need a warrant to fly over your property and look?

Wait...the air above your property is your property?

Public air space is no different than public roads or land. It adds an extra dimension spatially, a major one, yes. But it is not illegal to fly over or drive by and and observe.

Guess if a guy stops and takes pics into an open window its cool? :confused:

If my window is fucking open I don't expect privacy, no, you MORON, and nor does the government need a warrant to take pictures through an open window. You're being an idiot.

links in article at site

SNIP:

The AP reported:

the rest here
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...ers-protest-epa-spy-planes-over-iowa-ranches/

That's what those Red Army fascist Marxists did first - attack the farmers - this time it is just the government doing it - not the people. Either way it is the same game plan. The Marxists infiltrated our government and are now attacking industry....

It is just going to get worse. We as a nation are heading down a true path to Orwells 1984.

This is 1917 all over again....

We're repeating history.
Nixon was a marxist? Imagine my surprise.

Mr. Nick, let's pull the beat cops of their streets and the patrol cops of the roads.

OK?

Will that satisfy you?

The cops are pieces of shit too. In my county they have murdered several people in the last year for no fucking reason...

You're no liberal you're an authoritarian Nazi....

This is supposed to be a free country.....

links in article at site

SNIP:

The AP reported:

the rest here
OUTRAGED Midwest Farmers Protest EPA Spy Planes Over Iowa Ranches | The Gateway Pundit

I love how you fucking idiots call yourself "liberal" yet you think it is perfectly fine the government is spying on people......

You two-faced losers bitched for years about the patriot act yet Obama and his authoritarian storm troopers are spying on citizens in an allegedly free country and you don't have a problem with that???

If I was a farmer I would shoot those drones out of the sky..... That is 100% fact.

You would like being Bubba's boy in the pen I suppose?

Forum List

Back