Out-of-Wedlock Births Discussion

If you are opposed to having kids outside of wedlock, then you are opposed to sex outside of marriage, and as the majority of people do have sex before they are married, what would you say to them?

Those two actions are not one and the same. The fact that you would try to claim they are synonymous is both hilarious and disturbing.

So here's the Statistics of Out-of-Wedlock Births

72.3% of non-Hispanic blacks

66.2% of American Indians/Alaska Natives

53.3% of Hispanics

29.1% of non-Hispanic whites

17.2% of Asians/Pacific Islanders

So what's your take on these statistics? Poverty? Education? Family Values?

My take is that I don't give a shit if a child is born out of wedlock. As long as that child is happy, healthy, loved, and has one or two parents who can care for them and provide for them, why should anyone give a toss whether they are married?

Good point.

So do you agree that I am not responsible for providing for them via some sort of taxation?

I will say this... If the state would let me I would let my son's father sign away all his rights.. But he owes me a few thousand in back child support so I doubt that will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using the tears of Raider's fans.

My take is that I don't give a shit if a child is born out of wedlock. As long as that child is happy, healthy, loved, and has one or two parents who can care for them and provide for them, why should anyone give a toss whether they are married?

Good point.

So do you agree that I am not responsible for providing for them via some sort of taxation?

I will say this... If the state would let me I would let my son's father sign away all his rights.. But he owes me a few thousand in back child support so I doubt that will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using the tears of Raider's fans.

The way the state views it is that you don't have the right to deprive your child of his father, even if he is a shitty father. Your child has a right to whatever support he can muster.

The state will allow him to sign off on his rights if you have a responsible person willing to adopt him, and assume the responsibility of a parent..including financial support. Unless you have that then the state won't give you the thumbs up for cutting dad loose. Because most single parents are at some point on assistance, and if you take money from the state then the state has the right to pursue recompense and/or pursue child support so the kids father, rather than the state, can provide the needed assistance.

This is why it's a good thing to think long and hard before having sex with someone.

If you are opposed to having kids outside of wedlock, then you are opposed to sex outside of marriage, and as the majority of people do have sex before they are married, what would you say to them?

Those two actions are not one and the same. The fact that you would try to claim they are synonymous is both hilarious and disturbing.

People who are not married, and who have sex outside of wedlock can still fall pregnant.

53.3% of Hispanics

Good point.

Those children are the future, and every effort should be made to ensure they grow up to be healthy, and happy kids.

53.3% of Hispanics

Because we end up paying for the kid.

Good point.

Those children are the future, and every effort should be made to ensure they grow up to be healthy, and happy kids.

Actually those children's future is more likely to end up as a burden to the state, because big daddy and mommy government can help pay for part of raising the kid, but evidently sucks at instilling good work ethics and morals into the kids.

Forum List

Back