Feminists "incensed" by New Zealand Air Commercial with attractive women

Steinlight

VIP Member
Jan 30, 2014
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQDip9V49U0]Safety in Paradise #airnzsafetyvideo - YouTube[/ame]

TV3 news anchor Hilary Barry has become the latest high-profile New Zealander to hit out at Air New Zealand's new safety video.

The video features four scantily-clad swimsuit models
The video, produced in conjunction with American magazine Sports Illustrated, features four scantily-clad swimsuit models. The risque approach has hit headlines around the world, and forced Air New Zealand to defend its choice to make the video.

Speaking on RadioLive this morning, Barry called on the carrier to scrap the video.

"I'm incensed. I'm absolutely incensed by the safety video.

"I think it's highly inappropriate, sexualised, objectifies women, demeaning, it's just appalling.

"They should truly, cut their losses, take it down immediately," she said.

Former politician and media personality Pam Corkery and feminist commentator Deborah Russell have also slammed the video.

Air New Zealand have said working with Sports Illustrated - which reached 70 million people - for the safety video had been an opportunity to lift its global profile and promote a key Pacific destination.

Hilary Barry 'absolutely incensed' over Air NZ safety video - Business - NZ Herald News

They tried with famous female role models like Hillary Rodham Whazzername and Nancy Peolota but it was costing ANZ too much to clean the breadfruit off the screens and vomit out of the seat back pockets.

They tried with famous female role models like Hillary Rodham Whazzername and Nancy Peolota but it was costing ANZ too much to clean the breadfruit off the screens and vomit out of the seat back pockets.

I can't believe that Christie Brinkley is only 6 years younger than the Hildebeast. What's up with dat?

Carpet munchers are well advised to eschew synthetic Merkins as they are said to be really tough on the teeth. One of the first things at which one looks when judging the age/quality of a mare.

Forum List

Back