Our vets are treated horribly ?

Timmy

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2015
Trump mentions this a lot in his stump speeches . What is he even talking about ? It's not 1972 . How are our vets "treated so horribly"?

Dunno. I'm a 20 year vet and whenever I leave the house, I'm wearing my U.S. Navy Retired ballcap so that everyone knows I'm a vet (I'm proud of my service), and I've yet to be treated badly.

Matter of fact, even got a notice from the VA the other day that I needed to come in for my annual physical, and was able to get an appointment within 7 days of calling.

Dunno about the others, but I seem to be doing okay, and nobody has treated me badly.

i see the other side of that coin.....let me say right up front ....i am not objective in this matter....my father fancied himself a warrior....enough to volunteer for the 2nd tour of vietnam....he comes back with a lot of health problems....in all fairness he also lived the life of someone who didnt plan to live that long....the stories about agent orange were the ones i remember...and then the army hospital that nearly killed him...

why make vets drink to an army base to get meds? i know most retire near base to try to do the double dip with civil service....but those who dont should get the same discounts off base...now this could have been changed...

the vets in this country have never been treated well....it was just not the 70s and a lot of that vets were spit on is total bullshit....a urban legend at best flat out lies at worse

Dunno. I'm a 20 year vet and whenever I leave the house, I'm wearing my U.S. Navy Retired ballcap so that everyone knows I'm a vet (I'm proud of my service), and I've yet to be treated badly.

Matter of fact, even got a notice from the VA the other day that I needed to come in for my annual physical, and was able to get an appointment within 7 days of calling.

Dunno about the others, but I seem to be doing okay, and nobody has treated me badly.
Yeah, well wait until you get the camera up you ass at the VA...

Yeah, well wait until you get the camera up you ass at the VA...

You know, even when they take my bloodwork, all the nurses are very nice, almost all of them have a very light hand when sticking you with the needle, and if they mess up (one time they did, they only drew 2 vials instead of 3), they immediately apologize, and get things done as quickly as possible.

Nope, every time I've been to the VA, I've been treated very well, as well as asked if I wanted to check if I was eligible for the various programs they were promoting that day.

The VA is fine unless you get really sick. Then you are screwed.

I also know a kid who joined the marine and he later found out he had a medical condition that required surgery. They did an operation but he did not get any better. In fact, he got worse. They then tried to push him out of the service by making his life miserable. He then did something foolish by going AWOL and that was all they needed. They then forced him out and denied him health care.

He later saw another doctor about the surgery the VA did and said the surgery was not necessary and only made things worse. He saw a JAG lawyer and the lawyer just laughed and said this sort of thing was an epidemic in the military. He petitioned his local Congressman, but to no avail. He later died from coughing up blood several years later at the tender age of 28.

Fuck the military.

Trump mentions this a lot in his stump speeches . What is he even talking about ? It's not 1972 . How are our vets "treated so horribly"?

Holy shit Timmy have you been living under a rock,or did Lassie finally say fuck it and leave you in the well?

We'll tell me then. How a revers being treated so badly? Even the most anti war person doesn't fault the everyday troop.

As for the VA . That is the military .

I got out of active duty in 2010, and out of the reserves recently, in 2014. I can say that, coming out of active duty, from like 2010-2012 I got a lot of love for being a vet and being back home (I was stationed overseas) I really felt welcomed. However, somewhere around 2013 or 2014 a lot of PTSD stuff started coming out in the media and, now, I think that there is a lot of stigma that some people associate to vets...especially if you were combat deployed. So, I think that it is a mixed bag depending on where you get out (some areas are more receptive than others) and how much people buy into thinking that every vet has PTSD (I've literally met people that just kinda look for reasons to associate PTSD to me).

As far as the VA is concerned...they are shit. It's due to a lot of bureaucracy and incompetence. If you have a medical issue and can swing avoiding them...do that...avoid them.

Forum List

Back