Our 'Friends' The Saudis

dilloduck said:
Of course Muslims hate Christians but when Christians support Jews in an area that they believe was wrongly taken you certainly exacerbate the hatred. You can't take Israel completely out of the equation and just call them the excuse-de-jour.

In the greater scheme of things, Israel IS the excuse-du-jour.

dilloduck said:
Of course Muslims hate Christians but when Christians support Jews in an area that they believe was wrongly taken you certainly exacerbate the hatred. You can't take Israel completely out of the equation and just call them the excuse-de-jour.
I didn't take them out of the equation. I asked:
Originally Posted by Kathianne
In your opinion, if we hadn't armed Israel, never cooperated with them, do you think today would be different in the US regarding the jihadis?

IMO, no, we would still be where we are. They want to eradicate Israel, but the 'great Satan' is the US and it's not about Israel.

Are you taking lessons on diversions?

Kathianne said:
I didn't take them out of the equation. I asked:

Are you taking lessons on diversions?

Originally Posted by Kathianne
In your opinion, if we hadn't armed Israel, never cooperated with them, do you think today would be different in the US regarding the jihadis?

IMO, no, we would still be where we are. They want to eradicate Israel, but the 'great Satan' is the US and it's not about Israel.

my bolding and sizing

Kathianne said:

Of course today would be different if we hadn't armed Israel. Not saying we wouldn't have problems with Muslims but it wouldn't be near the problem it is today.

But it doesn't matter. We have been supporting Israel and nothing can change that. And I doubt we will stop supporting Israel.

dilloduck said:
my bolding and sizing
Yeah, again inferences. It's not the root or main cause. I'm sure I don't need to remind you of Tripoli.

theHawk said:
Of course today would be different if we hadn't armed Israel. Not saying we wouldn't have problems with Muslims but it wouldn't be near the problem it is today.

But it doesn't matter. We have been supporting Israel and nothing can change that. And I doubt we will stop supporting Israel.
I disagree.

Kathianne said:
I disagree.

So you believe arming israel to this extent has done 'what' to the situation? Had no impact? That's an interesting p.o.v.

rtwngAvngr said:
So you believe arming israel to this extent has done 'what' to the situation? Had no impact? That's an interesting p.o.v.
At the most, dragged out the attacks on US.

rtwngAvngr said:
So arming israel delayed their attacks on us? How?
They have to go through Israel to get to us. We provided the straw man.

Kathianne said:

No they don't. You can take planes to the u.s. from many locations in the ME without going through israel.

I think a more likely scenario is that our arming of Israel has resulted in a much more militant and radicalized Islamic world.

rtwngAvngr said:
No they don't. You can take planes to the u.s. from many locations in the ME without going through israel.

I think a more likely scenario is that our arming of Israel has resulted in a much more militant and radicalized Islamic world.

The UN formed Israel--now the has assumed the sole responsibilty for protecting it.

rtwngAvngr said:

The reason I mostly ignor you. I am well aware you knew what I meant and purposely misrepresent it. I don't hate you Jason, but with posts like this, I will ignore you.

Kathianne said:

We created Israel as a strawman buffer between radical islam and the US ?
Does Israel know this?

dilloduck said:
We created Israel as a strawman buffer between radical islam and the US ?
Does Israel know this?
Yes. It happened over time. Israel gets to fight first. That's what we get for our bucks.

Forum List

Back