"our father"

tipofthespear

May 13, 2013
“OUR FATHER, WHICH ART IN HEAVEN”

Matthew 5:9) Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God…..16) Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven…..34) But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God’s throne…..45) That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust,…… 48) Be ye therefore perfect even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

“HALLOWED BE THY NAME”

Exodus 20:7) Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Nehemiah 1:5) And said, I beseech thee, O Lord God of heaven, the great and terrible God, that keepeth covenant and mercy for them that love him and observe his commandments.

Psalms 68:35) O God, thou art terrible out of thy holy places: the God of Israel is he that giveth strength and power unto his people. Blessed be God.

Exodus 3:14) And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Leviticus 20:3) And I will set my face against that man, and will cut him off from among his people; because he hath given of his seed unto Molech, to defile my sanctuary, and to profane my holy name.

Mark 12:29) And Jesus answered him, the first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Ephesians 4:6) One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

“THY KINGDOM COME”

Luke 9:27) But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

Matthew 16:28) tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

Mark 9:1) And he said to them, "I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God come with power."

Matthew 24:30) And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Acts 1:11) Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Revelation 1:7) Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

“THY WILL BE DONE IN EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN”

Job 1:12) And the Lord said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the Lord.

Job 2:6) And the Lord said unto Satan, Behold, he is in thy hand; but save his life.

Job 38:8) Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb? 9) When I made the cloud the darkness a swaddling band for it, 10) And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors. 11) And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?

Matthew 12:50) For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Matthew 6:33) But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matthew 26:39) Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will." …… 42) He went away a second time and prayed, "My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done."

“GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD”

Exodus 16:4) Then said the Lord unto Moses, Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a certain rate every day, that I may prove them, whether they will walk in my law, or no.

Matthew 6:31) Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? Or, What shall we drink? Or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32) (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. 33) But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Psalms 37:3) Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shall you dwell in the land, and truly you shall be fed.

Luke 12:29) And seek not you what you shall eat, or what you shall drink, neither be you of doubtful mind.

“AND FORGIVE US OUR DEBTS, AS WE FORGIVE OUR DEBTORS”

Matthew 7:1) Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2) For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Matthew 18:21) Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Till seven times? 22) Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seventy times seven…..32) Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me: 33) Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?

Matthew 5:23) Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath aught against thee; 24) Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

Mark 11:25) And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have aught against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

“AND LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION, BUT DELIVER US FROM EVIL:”

James 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man; 14) But every man is tempted when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

Psalm 46:1) God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

Romans 6:16) Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? ………….. 18) Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Ephesians 6:13) Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

JOHN 17:15) I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

Luke 4:35) And Jesus rebuked him, saying, Hold thy peace, and come out of him. And when the devil had thrown him in the midst, he came out of him, and hurt him not. 36) And they were all amazed, and spake among themselves, saying, What a word is this! For with authority and power he commandeth the unclean spirits, and they come out.

Acts 17:19) But the angel of the Lord by night opened the prison doors, and brought them forth, and said, 20) Go, stand and speak in the temple to the people all the words of this life.

“FOR THINE IS THE KINGDOM, AND THE POWER, AND THE GLORY, FOREVER.”

Genesis 1:1) In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth…… 26) And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Psalms 9:7) But the Lord shall endure for ever: he hath prepared his throne for judgment. 8) And he shall judge the world in righteousness, he shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness. 9) The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. 10) And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

John 18:36) Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Colossians 1:12) Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: 13) Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: 14) In whom we have redemption through his blood, even to the forgiveness of sins:………..16) For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17) And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Psalms 8:1) O Lord our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! Who hast set thy glory above the heavens………..3) When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; 4) What is man, that thou art mindful of him? And the son of man, that thou visitest him?.............9) O Lord our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth.

Matthew 17:1) And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart, 2 .) And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light. 3 .) And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him. 4 .) Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias. 5 .) While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him. 6 .) And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid. 7 .) And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid. 8 .) And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only.

Ephesians 1:17) That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: 18 .) The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, 19 .) And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, 20 .) Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, 21 .) Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
22 .) And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
23 .) Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Revelation 22:13) I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Isaiah 41:4) Who has done this and carried it through, calling forth the generations from the beginning? I, the LORD – with the first of them and with the last – I am he.

Revelation 1:8) I am the Alpha and the Omega. Says the Lord God. Who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.

Revelation 21:6) He said to me: It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life.

AMEN.............

Ancient stories of creation, told around the camp fires of an ancient patriarchal society... I can no longer even imagine Him.

If Momma's little bastards have a Father, His name is 'Time'.

John 10:28
I give them eternal life, They will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. .... John 6:27 Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you.

Choice is exactly what I have been given.
To spend eternity with a Father who envelopes us in love, or not. I chose Dad. He never expels His children. He keeps us close.
Nothing can expel me from my Father or His house. I am His child, and will sit at His table.
And while I'm here on earth, I'm resting on Christ's shoulders. The safest place in the world to be.

Last edited:
I give them eternal life, They will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. .... John 6:27 Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you.

To spend eternity with a Father who envelopes us in love, or not. I chose Dad. He never expels His children. He keeps us close.
Nothing can expel me from my Father or His house. I am His child, and will sit at His table.
And while I'm here on earth, I'm resting on Christ's shoulders. The safest place in the world to be.

And its okay with (editorial) "you" that "he" killed his first kid?

Needless to say, I didn't read the preach op but what has always struck me is that religions always seem to start with a parent figure, someone to take responsibility for poor crops and sick babies.

And of course, the parent figure forgives everything his naughty little children do. Murder, rape, pedophilia? Not a prob. Just mumble a few sing-song phrases and you're back in the club.

Needless to say, I didn't read the preach op but what has always struck me is that religions always seem to start with a parent figure, someone to take responsibility for poor crops and sick babies.

And of course, the parent figure forgives everything his naughty little children do. Murder, rape, pedophilia? Not a prob. Just mumble a few sing-song phrases and you're back in the club.

God will not forgive any of them. The murderers, rapists, pedophilia's, idol worshipers, drunkards, liars, those who believe in Christ but continue with their sins will never be able to enter the new holy city, The New Jerusalem.
They can only look at the beauty of the new city and they will never be able to eat the 12 fruits of the trees of life, nor drink of the river of life, that runs through the city and will never be able to see God when he comes down to live there and they will eventually die, because they can not enter the new city in order to eat the fruits of life nor drink the water of life.

Last edited:

You have it backwards. Christ, Emanuel, God in the flesh, killed no one. We killed Him. He came right back, and is alive and well. Your concern for Christ is touching though.

We are all naughty little children. Odd that you would have such a problem with mercy, considering......

You have mumbling confused with regret, and turning away from sin. Sing song has nothing to do with it. Not having the capabilities necessary, but still having the need to judge, you judge sing song. God judges a man's heart.

And you forgot to add hatred to your 'naughty' list, child.

Last edited:

I give them eternal life

no, what is given is life in the Everlasting.

He never expels His children.

Christian, are you not expelled from the Garden of Eden ....

I wonder what would happen if a theist and an atheist tried to slap each other, would the universe cease to exist? Or perhaps, they would both just get a bruise and a short sharp shock and life would just somehow go on without any fanfare?

I give them eternal life

Not according to Christ, whom I follow. We come back to Earth with Christ to rule and reign here. There's no floating around or joining a collective ball of light. Just peace on Earth.

God will not forgive any of them. The murderers, rapists, pedophilia's, idol worshipers, drunkards, liars, those who believe in Christ but continue with their sins will never be able to enter the new holy city, The New Jerusalem.
They can only look at the beauty of the new city and they will never be able to eat the 12 fruits of the trees of life, nor drink of the river of life, that runs through the city and will never be able to see God when he comes down to live there and they will eventually die, because they can not enter the new city in order to eat the fruits of life nor drink the water of life.

Did God tell you all of this personally? How does he feel about my views on The Great Gatsby? Over-Produced, right?

I wonder what would happen if a theist and an atheist tried to slap each other, would the universe cease to exist? Or perhaps, they would both just get a bruise and a short sharp shock and life would just somehow go on without any fanfare?

I suppose that would depend upon which ancient story the theist anchored his life. The trick for success in your experiment would be in finding a theist who guessed correctly.

According to popularity, there's a 1 in 3 shot.

:eusa_think: Or.... An Atheist, a Jew, two Muslims (one Shiite and one Sunni), and several Christians representing most of their varying sects walk in to a bar....

You are a fool...........and that comes directly from The Word of God.....which you know nothing about, nor have any understanding of.......at best you are only worthy of "pity."

Did God tell you all of this personally? How does he feel about my views on The Great Gatsby? Over-Produced, right?

If you had any knowledge of God, you would not need to ask this silly question which is designed only to belittle...........and it certainly accomplishes that. For you are hereby belittled due to your complete ignorance of the Word of God. Another atheist wanna-be......pretending to have some knowledge of the Word of God.

I give them eternal life

You are surely a master Herbalist...........you have to be........and, at least, you provide some humor to the thread, without even knowing it I suspect.

I suppose that would depend upon which ancient story the theist anchored his life. The trick for success in your experiment would be in finding a theist who guessed correctly.

According to popularity, there's a 1 in 3 shot.

:eusa_think: Or.... An Atheist, a Jew, two Muslims (one Shiite and one Sunni), and several Christians representing most of their varying sects walk in to a bar....

ancient story - guessed correctly

and certainly not the limited mind of an Atheist ...

Forum List

Back