Our enemies must love our partisans

Only problem is they don't sell them to anyone except licensed gun dealers who are required by law to do background checks.

Bullshit.

The gun industry knows very well that the shadier gun dealers they use aren't really checking it, and they've lobbied for years to keep the gun show and private dealer loopholes open to make sure that guns are proliferating as much as possible.

You can't sell fear without something to be afraid of. Which is why the want to make sure the Loughners and the Holmes and the Lanzas of the world can get easy access to guns.

Note to the clueless, the gun manufactures don't license dealers, the feds do. And there is no such thing as a private dealer, only licensed ones.

As with most issues polluted and distorted by partisan ideology, reality is probably somewhere in the middle on this whole ISIS/refugees/terrorism mess. On one hand, some on one side are clearly over-reacting, on the other hand, some on the other side are so busy mocking and ignoring the obvious that it's reasonable to wonder what they're thinking.

The problem those who are mocking could have is this: It could just take one (1) domestic terrorist event to blow a hole in your behavior, and I wonder if you see that. And that could lead to an absolute flood of knee-jerk over-reaction by the country in general. You could be setting up an even worse version of what you say you want to avoid.

Amid all the partisan fun you appear to be having with mocking conservatives (as French families mourn their dead), I wonder if this has occurred to you.

My guess is that ISIS and their supporters are finding value in the behavior of both narcissistic ends of the American political spectrum. You're both hurting us.

As usual.
Yes, I imagine they do love you.

Number of vehicular homicides annually: 300

Number of suicides committed with cars annually: approximately 20,000 (mostly through carbon monoxide poisoning)

That sounds like a bullshit number. So I looked up what the ACTUAL numbers are. And whoops. Cars make up a very small percentage of suicides, only a sixth of what guns make up.

senate2.gif

Note to the clueless, the gun manufactures don't license dealers, the feds do. And there is no such thing as a private dealer, only licensed ones.

BUt that doesn't include people who make "private sales". The gun industry knows this, and so do the "Licensed" dealers who knowingly sell to straw buyers.

Going back to my simple solution. You sell a gun that was used in a mass shooting, you are civilly and criminally liable.

No bullshit about how he came up clean in the registry that the NRA has spent 30 years weakening. You sell the gun, you do the time.

Watch how fast they clean up their act after that.

He was never voted out, he remained Shah from 41 until 79.

Educate yourself, numbnut...

1953 Iranian coup d'état - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

By mid-1953 a mass of resignations by Mossadegh's parliamentary supporters reduced the National Front seats in Parliament. A referendum to dissolve parliamentand give the prime minister power to make law was submitted to voters, and it passed with 99.9 percent approval, 2,043,300 votes to 1300 votes against.[61] The referendum was widely seen by opponents as a dictatorial act, and the Shah and the rest of the government were effectively stripped of their powers to rule. When Mossadegh dissolved the Parliament, his opponents decried this act because he had effectively given himself "total power". Ironically, this seemingly un-democratic act by a democratically elected prime minister would result in a chain of events leading to his downfall.[7][9]

Number of suicides committed with cars annually: approximately 20,000 (mostly through carbon monoxide poisoning)

That sounds like a bullshit number. So I looked up what the ACTUAL numbers are. And whoops. Cars make up a very small percentage of suicides, only a sixth of what guns make up.

senate2.gif

I didn't originally post that link, one of your fellow gun grabber did. Are you saying your left wing rag lied?

BUt that doesn't include people who make "private sales". The gun industry knows this, and so do the "Licensed" dealers who knowingly sell to straw buyers.

Going back to my simple solution. You sell a gun that was used in a mass shooting, you are civilly and criminally liable.

No bullshit about how he came up clean in the registry that the NRA has spent 30 years weakening. You sell the gun, you do the time.

Watch how fast they clean up their act after that.

Gun manufactures don't make the laws, they don't license dealers. If dealers are selling illegally it's up to the feds to police them, your fine public accommodation laws say manufactures can't refuse to sell to a qualified buyer. As for private sales, the vast majority are done between family members and close friends who's background are know to the seller. The few that aren't would make no statical difference in crime, also it's already illegal for a citizen to sell to a known unqualified buyer. Maybe we should hold you criminally and civilly liable if you sell a car to someone who get's drunk and kills someone, exactly how far would you like to take the concept?

He was never voted out, he remained Shah from 41 until 79.

Educate yourself, numbnut...

1953 Iranian coup d'état - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

By mid-1953 a mass of resignations by Mossadegh's parliamentary supporters reduced the National Front seats in Parliament. A referendum to dissolve parliamentand give the prime minister power to make law was submitted to voters, and it passed with 99.9 percent approval, 2,043,300 votes to 1300 votes against.[61] The referendum was widely seen by opponents as a dictatorial act, and the Shah and the rest of the government were effectively stripped of their powers to rule. When Mossadegh dissolved the Parliament, his opponents decried this act because he had effectively given himself "total power". Ironically, this seemingly un-democratic act by a democratically elected prime minister would result in a chain of events leading to his downfall.[7][9]

What is it they say, doesn't matter who cast the votes, only who counts the votes.

You didn't answer the question. But nice try on the evasion.

Yes, i did. It just wasn't the answer you wanted to hear, but that is like totally not my problem.

The Founding Slave Rapists? You are truly an idiot.

Thomas Jefferson raped Sally Hemmings at least three times, maybe as many as six. Probably dozens of times. Most of the rest of those guys were all slave-owners, which means they were slave rapists.

Or do you think it's just a coincidence we have all sorts of different shades of black people?

So here's an idea. Let's keep in mind that these assholes were guys who were not Gods or Saints, but a bunch of backwards, slave-raping primitives who shit in chamber pots and thought bleeding was a valid medical treatment and still thought witchcraft was a real thing.

And then once you discarded their opinions, consider, does it really make sense in 2015 to allow average citizens to own military grade weapons with no consideration of their competence to own one?

Heck, even the Founding Slave Rapists thought they should be well-regulated. A guy who thinks he's the Joker isn't well regulated.

That has nothing to do with the second amendment.

senate2.gif

What is your source? You just post some pie chart with no link to your source? :rolleyes-41:

According to this source, poisoning beats firearms suicides amongst women.

Suicide method statistics in the USA | Lost All Hope: The web's leading suicide resource

As with most issues polluted and distorted by partisan ideology, reality is probably somewhere in the middle on this whole ISIS/refugees/terrorism mess. On one hand, some on one side are clearly over-reacting, on the other hand, some on the other side are so busy mocking and ignoring the obvious that it's reasonable to wonder what they're thinking.

The problem those who are mocking could have is this: It could just take one (1) domestic terrorist event to blow a hole in your behavior, and I wonder if you see that. And that could lead to an absolute flood of knee-jerk over-reaction by the country in general. You could be setting up an even worse version of what you say you want to avoid.

Amid all the partisan fun you appear to be having with mocking conservatives (as French families mourn their dead), I wonder if this has occurred to you.

My guess is that ISIS and their supporters are finding value in the behavior of both narcissistic ends of the American political spectrum. You're both hurting us.

I doubt the ISIS Terrorists are really thinking that far in advance.

Okay, here's the thing. ISIS doesn't want to EXPORT terrorists. They barely have enough men to hold the territory they've got against the Syrians, Iraqis, Iranians and Russians. They'd like to IMPORT Terrorists if they could.

The guys who carried out the attacks last week weren't Syrian Refugees, they were French Citizens of North African Descent

MEANWHILE< thanks to the NRA and our lax gun laws, we have 700,000 Americans on the FBI's Terror watch list who are able to walk into a gun store and buy a gun and apparently, 2000 of them have done exactly that since 2004.

Report: Thousands of Suspected Terrorists Still Buy Guns Legally?!

Now, I'd ask some questions, like

1) Why is it so easy for these guys who can't get on an airplane to be able to buy a gun? (Waiting for some inbreds here to scream about "Freedom" and "Founding Fathers", but does anyone SANE have a good reason for that.)

2) Why does the FBI suck so bad at vetting these people that we have 700,000 people on a watch list to start with? What qualifies you to get on this watch list.

This why Joe B has no credibility. He claims 700,000 Americans are on the terrorist watch list. Liberals practice lying at usmb and develop whole threads on pure fiction. Read the pie charthttp://www.nationalreview.com/corner/427266/nra-absolutely-right-fear-terrorism-watch-list-charles-c-w-cooke

This why Joe B has no credibility. He claims 700,000 Americans are on the terrorist watch list. Liberals practice lying at usmb and develop whole threads on pure fiction.

Hey Shrimp-dick, no one is disputing the 700K figure for the terror watch list. Not even the National Re-Jew.

Frankly, I think it's insane that the government has that many people on the list, but it does. And I think that there should be a streamlined system for people who shouldn't be on that list to get the hell off of it.

But a bit of common sense. If someone is on that list for a good reason, it's kind of stupid that they should be able to buy a gun.

What is it they say, doesn't matter who cast the votes, only who counts the votes.

Quite right. The Iranian People deposed the Shah, we put him back into power, now they fucking hate us. This is the point I was trying to get across to your child-like mind, that most of our problems in the Middle East are of our own making because we are caught between our insatiable thirst for petrol and our slavish devotion to Zionist stupidity.

Every enemy we have over there is one we've created ourselves.

Quite right. The Iranian People deposed the Shah, we put him back into power, now they fucking hate us. This is the point I was trying to get across to your child-like mind, that most of our problems in the Middle East are of our own making because we are caught between our insatiable thirst for petrol and our slavish devotion to Zionist stupidity.

Every enemy we have over there is one we've created ourselves.

And what you can't get through your child like mind is muslims have never ever been a peace loving people, the religion was originated by one of the most violent people in world history that claimed himself to be a prophet of God.

And what you can't get through your child like mind is muslims have never ever been a peace loving people, the religion was originated by one of the most violent people in world history that claimed himself to be a prophet of God.

And CHristians have been? Seems to me Muslims didn't start EITHER of the two World Wars. Or the wars of colonizations. Or the Napoleonic Wars or many of the other conflicts in history. that was all Christians, baby. Because Jesus loved him some war.

Forum List

Back