Oscar's and the Paddy Chayevsky Award goes to...

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
In the 1970s Vanessa Redgrave made her Oscar acceptance speech about "Zionist Hoodlums". The very next recepitant, writer Paddy Chayevsky took the opportunity to tell her keep political speeches out of the Oscars.

How unfortunate that no one told Chris Rock to STFU.

How sad Leo wasted his long awaited award speech to take up the fraud that is global climate warming change.

Why was there not a Paddy Chayevsky in attendance to tell them all to just shut the fuck up

In the 1970s Vanessa Redgrave made her Oscar acceptance speech about "Zionist Hoodlums". The very next recepitant, writer Paddy Chayevsky took the opportunity to tell her keep political speeches out of the Oscars.

How unfortunate that no one told Chris Rock to STFU.

How sad Leo wasted his long awaited award speech to take up the fraud that is global climate warming change.

Why was there not a Paddy Chayevsky in attendance to tell them all to just shut the fuck up

Believe it or not Piers Morgan since returning home and not trying to appeal to a liberal base in America is back to being his old balls to the wall unrighteous self. Now I don't always agree with him.

But when he is on a tear his victims need tending to by EMT's. I loved this.

I don't watch the Oscars to get harangued about racism, rape, sex abuse, greedy bankers, global warming and gay rights. I watch to be entertained. If you want to preach at us, darlings, get into politics
By Piers Morgan for MailOnline

Published: 19:25 GMT, 29 February 2016 | Updated: 21:29 GMT, 29 February 2016

I'm exhausted; physically, mentally, emotionally and psychologically drained.

Watching the Oscars last night became an assault course of the senses, a barrage on the brain, a veritable crushing of the cerebral mass.

By the time Leonardo DiCaprio walked up on stage to collect his first and long-overdue Best Actor award, I was on my knees praying for him to just smile, thank the Academy, then his mum, and tell us what this moment means to him.

Not, for the love of God, deliver yet another award-winner lecture on global affairs.

The decision by the show's producers to ask nominees to provide names of those they wished to thank so they could be scrolled across the bottom of the TV screen rather than tediously recited on stage, fell prey to a new horror: the worthy statement to the world.

A horror in which the whole point of everyone being there or watching at home – to celebrate great acting and movies - was usurped by a burning desire to pontificate about sex abuse, racism, honour killings, corporate greed, climate change, paedophilia and gay rights.

Fucking eh!

Worth the read.

PIERS: I don't watch the Oscars to get harangued!

That the author of Network should lecture anyone else on "time and place" is beyond irony.

That said, I notice none of the people yowling about Rock's monologue have anything to say about Sacha Baron Cohen's repeated antics.

Forum List

Back